Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    Uhm. They ARE selling new models on there? ok?
    What the hell are you talking about? I think you're confused.

In defense of blizzard on this one topic THEY DID MAKE THEIR BEST FEATURE FREE which happens to be their wow app. The ability to post auctions faster than ever and empty my mail faster than in game is great. IT WAS THE ONLY ADDITIONAL FEATURE I was paying blizzard for and they made it free!
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Just be glad they aren't selling the new models there ok?
    Sorry but that sounds like an awful stance to take.

"don't worry about that guy shouting abuse at you, just be glad he isn't beating you up"

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Why is it that people object on mount selling and pet selling so badly.
    Because true gamers like to work for it in-game, not jsut buy it...

The problem is that those are not really mounts, are things you buy. A real mount should be in game, waiting for everyone to be lucky enough to see it drop, or for those who put hours grinding it. Definitely not for those who don't have anything better to put their money on ^^ HOWEVER, I no longer really care, people is free to do as they wish with their money.

I'd never ride the same mount as everyone else anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Until you can prove that money from the store purchases goes into hiring more art workers than would otherwise be present it's a pointless challenge and means that rather than developing art for the game we pay for, they're trying to squeeze more money out.

I have absolutely no issue with paid DLC in a F2P game, but in a sub based game I find it disgusting unless the company make it abundantly clear that it's not taking away from development time + it hired new artists
    Well we know they've increased in size by 40%, twice, across development. some of those will be art and I highly doubt the dropping subs were the reason
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok so thats personal opinion mate. That is why i wrote unique. I personally find them awesome.

The special part about them is they have unique models and have ekstra features like colour change and this new one does thigns in the air plus it has rocket boosters.
    Of course it's a personal opinion. But we can't just ignore the issue when discussing if it's cool or not, people's answers will depend on how they feel, esthetically, about the shop mounts.
    Mostly, it's cool as long as people don't feel forced to spend extra money on them because "they're better". I've also noted that they tend to be not so unique as you would make them. Sure, the model is unique, but how many of them are around? Shortly after the Heart of the Aspects was added there were like 30 flying around in SW. What's unique about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mounts Available in MoP through Rep/Raids/Drops - 60+
    Mounts made Available in Blizzard store since MoP Began - 3.

Yeah dude, They totally have added soooooo many more mounts on the store than what are obtainable ingame

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? I think you're confused.
    Are you talking about the remodel of the characther models? If so i think you are the one who is confused because it has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Well we know they've increased in size by 40%, twice, across development. some of those will be art and I highly doubt the dropping subs were the reason
    The reason was to get content and expansions out faster and stop people unsubbing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Mounts Available in MoP through Rep/Raids/Drops - 60+
    Mounts made Available in Blizzard store since MoP Began - 3.

Yeah dude, They totally have added soooooo many more mounts on the store than what are obtainable ingame
    Noone said that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Its a mount, it does not make you better, it does not make you go faster then on other mounts. I have the Fey Dragon, I bought the new one. But I do not care if they are obtainable in the game or has to be bought. I will join the whining army if they start selling gear or performance stuff in the shop.
    I'm normally the first person to tell shop whiners to get over it, but even I've got to admit that these unique models being shop-only is getting a little old. Cool reskins I could understand, perhaps maybe with a stylish effect or something but at least put the model in the game for players. That Bat mount was cool. I'm not spending 25 real life dollars for a fake in-game pixel plane, but I'd gladly spend a few weeks worth of grinding to get it. I'd be spending my game time on game items.

That fey dragon you bought. I like it's design. I think it's pretty a pretty rad take on the older-than-time drake model we're all tired of seeing. I honestly can't believe there isn't an in-game version of it somehow to be found/grinded out/earned in some way. These store mounts are getting better and better looking and regardless of how much I want them or how much time I'm willing to put into them, I'm still going to have to spend almost 2months worth of game time cash to get it.

It's the first I've spoken up about it but it's really starting to sit uneasy with me. I'm a supporter of the store, don't get me wrong, but it's design exclusivity has gotten a bit out of hand.
    Last edited by Luko; 2014-01-16 at 01:38 PM.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Thats what i was looking for. Clearly making store bought moutns trophies aswell. Even though you dont agree, you just confirmed me.
    Oh I agree to some people having the latest and coolest IS a big thing , but what others ride in the game doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game in the slightest little bit , nor does it help them down a boss or kill someone of the opposite faction any quicker or easier , those are the things what the game is about , not pretty mounts

Deleted
    Its like you dont get the point. Remember the days before transmog where people would show off their new gear inside the big city? Remember the first time you got a glory of the X mount?

Mounts are not just vehicles in this game. They are trophies. If you dont realise that then you and me cant understand eachother.
    Yeah and when I get my Glory of X raider mount or rep grind mount I use it for months, these store mounts are like a big sign saying n00b right? Surely you don't see someone on the fey dragon or this skyscreamer and go "Wow, I'm so jelous of how they can spend $25 on a mount".

Honestly I'll likely end up purchasing this at some point I'm sure, however I won't be using it as a trophy for spending money I can tell you that.

Also if people having nice mounts pisses you off so much then just mount your Galakras drake or whatever and laugh away, cause that's what I'd do.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    The reason was to get content and expansions out faster and stop people unsubbing
    So you're going to the deny that the shop helps them have the resources to do this? I didn't ask for the reason, I merely showed how they have increased in size.

Some of the people on titan would've been doing art dev, ergo the art team has increased in size and the shop WILL be helping fund the larger team until they improve sub retention. They even stated during some Q analysis that despite lower subs they made more $$ due to the store.

@Ryngo show me these unique skeletons for a shop mount
    Sparkle pony - reskin
    Winged guardian - remodel, same skeleton same animations
    Heart of the aspects - Remodeled windserpent, new animations
    Bat - unique as far as mounts go, model was used as a raid/npc mount model but no player available (yet)
    Fey Drake - remodeled drake, new animations
    Chimaera - unknown, we will likely get chimaera's of some form, but if they have same model/animations/skin is unknown till beta.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2014-01-16 at 01:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    seriously I wish people would stop bitching about vanity items on the shop. Sure if it was an item that was absolutely needed such as bag slots, or even armor and weapons equivalent to the same tier of raiding, then yes complain.

But I highly doubt that anyone is pointing a gun at your head and saying "Buy this mount" Mounts are used to get you from Point A to Point B. There are 100's of mounts in game that can do this, you dont NEED to have the fancy one on the shop, and if you do and you can afford to drop a few bucks on it good, Go ahead and do it. But please, for the love of god, stop bitching about items that give no advantage in game are available to buy for money.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Because true gamers like to work for it in-game, not jsut buy it...
    Ahh my favorite response. Please tell me what the definition of "true" gamer is please? Because someone decides to purchase a cool little cosmetic item a company sells for their character they are no longer a gamer?

Let's face it most of these "hard" earned mounts are either from achievements in raids (group activity not solo), farming / rep grind (not hard at all), or luck of the roll. So please explain to me why having one of these makes a person a "real" gamer?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Noone said that
    Meant to say many more "good-looking" mounts.

Are you talking about the remodel of the characther models? If so i think you are the one who is confused because it has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.
    It has. He is talking about how Blizz start's doing the microtransaction thingy and how it's bad. I'm telling him to just be glad they aren't putting the new models there or actually anything else for that matter. I mean, look at SWTOR, these fuckers are selling the races. Not mounts or something like that. THEY ARE SELLING FREAKING RACES.

I simply do not agree with this strategy and wanted to be heard.

How do you guys feel? Is it cool that the unique new mounts all come from the shop?[/QUOTE]

If you want to be heard, go post it in the Blizzard forums. I do not see a problem with store mounts myself. I just do not buy them

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    I simply do not agree with this strategy and wanted to be heard.

How do you guys feel? Is it cool that the unique new mounts all come from the shop?

If you want to be heard, go post it in the Blizzard forums. I do not see a problem with store mounts myself. I just do not buy them
    Blizzard employees read and post on these forums too