Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Because for most people leveling a character to 90 is the greatest achievement they've done in wow, just look at the raid stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nairobi13 View Post
    It's not the play to win aspect thats worrying people. it's the fact that new players are walking into end game content with no experience prior. Would you be ok doing 90 dungeons with tanks/healers not ever tanking or healing before? There's a reason low level dungeons are so easy, to ease you into the roles. Going into 90 dungeons or even raids at 100 with no prior experience can and will cause issues for those already experienced.
    They'll still have to go through 100 item levels of gearing up before they're in content where ability matters, in this, the last half of the last tier. Once WoD drops, they'll have 10 levels to get to learn the ropes, which with new talents and abilities we'll all have to do anyway.

Empty low level zones,dungeons and battlegrounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaynot View Post
    Empty low level zones,dungeons and battlegrounds.
    Sorry, you say that like they're packed right now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palinn View Post
    Because I want the community to care about their characters and investment into the game. If people don't care then the quality of the community decreases. What's the connection between an instant 90 and caring? You normally care more about things you have to work to get.

Not to mention this is just another step toward the "pay to win" model. How long before people can buy full sets of max level gear from Blizzard?
    How do you solve it though? The one level 90 is pretty much needed to get the people who did not like Pandaria or the Asian theme to even buy the expansion. Then you could always just buy another copy of the game to get a free 90. Or you could make another battle.net account with a fake name if they restricted it to one boost per account.

It's not the play to win aspect thats worrying people. it's the fact that new players are walking into end game content with no experience prior. Would you be ok doing 90 dungeons with tanks/healers not ever tanking or healing before? There's a reason low level dungeons are so easy, to ease you into the roles. Going into 90 dungeons or even raids at 100 with no prior experience can and will cause issues for those already experienced.
    Like this doesn't happen already?

People are extremely bad regardless, this argument is null and void when people just don't care even without it, to know their class.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I've experienced 'ebay' characters (when they used to be easy to get) - people could do the basic 3 or 4 things, but had no idea how to dispel, cc, shield or any of the other things you learn ONE at a time as you level up from 1.
    BS you never learn to dispell cc or shield when levelling. Maybe YOU did. Well done! But are you gonna stand there and pretend you were TAUGHT that by levelling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

the reason why i don't like it, but is not against it, is this:

i got 9 lvl 90, all classes except priest (lvl 60) and mage (lvl 40)

also i got a few extra alts around lvl 60 - 85

that is not the point i meant above, but it gets Down to this:

when i leveled my paladin f.eks. i leveled as prot. when i hit max level i went off spec healer, got full gear for it (decent timeless isle gear), tryed to heal, but it didn't Work out, because i had no idea what i was doing. i was a good tank though, and where able to tank lfr and Flex (it's just an alt)

on my druid on the other hand, i leveled all the way as resto, went balance off spec and couldn't even get over 50k dps. that is bad. with my newly dinged enh shaman i could easyly pop out 120-160k dps in timeless gear. because i leveled with the spec.

although this does not apply to all my classes though, as my warrior, leveled as arms, i could easyly swap to tank spec and tank well in lfr.

but also deathknight, blood pve, frost pvp. tryed to swap to unholy for pvp, reading all guides, reforging, gemming, but i couldn't do a damn thing. i died to fast, i did low damage, basicly i was useless as unholy, although as frost it was easy for me to get 2k arena rating. (around 1962 if i remember correct)

so that is why i think new players should level their class, even people who alreaddy got a max level, because just because you play good with class X spec Y, doesn't mean you can swap to class Y spec Z and do just as good.

however, when it is introduced, there is 10 more levels to learn, + a "tutorial", so it might not turn out as bad as i think, so i won't complain about character boost, i just believe we would be better off without them.

and also, i'm a bit afraid i will use them myself. i mean, i've been subscribed for 7+ years, i've made over 40 character transfer/faction change/race changes in total. so it will probably just be an other way for me to spend the Money i don't have anymore :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    Actually, the main target isn't necessarily new players. It's new and returning players, looking to play directly with their friends who is already in the game. For the rest it's just a bonus, which is why they even consider making this a buyable option alongside the free one that everyone gets.

I am sorry, but I don't see the problem. It gives people more options to how they want to play, in a game which is starting to get pretty huge.
    Just modify SoR/RaF, buying level 90s is bogus, give them away already.

buying lvl 90s is a good thing and i hope they let us buy heroic tier gear too, better yet i hope they sell gear thats higher item lvl than can be got beating the heroic raids.

15+ Year Old Account
    Going into 90 dungeons or even raids at 100 with no prior experience can and will cause issues for those already experienced.
    How is this different than today?

You are not very usefull as any role in low level dungeons, and you still have level 90-100 to practice dungeons.

A player completely inexperienced with MMO's, might not even find their way into a dungeon before they've been playing a little. If you've tried MMO's before, then you already know what a dungeon is, unless you've just been playing solo. In that case, you might not even be interested in entering WoW dungeons either.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    BS you never learn to dispell cc or shield when levelling. Maybe YOU did. Well done! But are you gonna stand there and pretend you were TAUGHT that by levelling?
    this exactly, people don't learn to turn a dragon's tail away from raid while tanking, tank swap, dps down adds priority, cc properly, etc, while leveling.

Quantity =/= Quality

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Just modify SoR/RaF, buying level 90s is bogus, give them away already.
    That's the more limiting way of doing it, but okay. I can respect that you think that would be better for what seems to be the main purpose of this feature.

One of my guildies put it like this:

"if you have a level 90 already, who cares"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    this exactly, people don't learn to turn a dragon's tail away from raid while tanking, tank swap, dps down adds priority, cc properly, etc, while leveling.
    Most people don't learn to read the damn tooltips even. Having to explain to a fire mage why he shouldn't be spamming ice lance and why he should be using his level 90 talents isn't all that odd amongst bad (ie. average) players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    People are worried about the direction the game is going, and they should, since they're paying customers. They CARE about their product, like a good customer should.

Blindly dismissing everything as hate is the worst form of hate there is.

Edit:
    People complained about the worgen/goblins because they paid for them to play them.
    They were a feature for Cataclysm, and after customers paid for them non-paying customers could suddenly get them for free.

You'd be upset if something you paid for suddenly gave one of it's parts away for free.
    ./sigh

There is a VERY big difference between hate just for hating and constructive criticism, I would like nothing better than this forum to be a place where we come up with constructive posts and ideas, but there is so much seething hate (and fanboisim) it actually take away some of the power we have to help Blizzard make a better product

There are people on this forum who just jump on every single thing Blizzard does to stir the pot and hate, that is not constructive it is actually the destructive, and in reality all the people trying to be constructive are lost in the Hate/Fanboi threads.

The people who moaned about Worgen/Goblins where not complaining about buying cataclysm, for example there was a thread about "OMFG THE GOBLIN ZONE IS GOING T BE UNPLAYABLE NOW!!!"

But to answer your point though NO I would not complain, stuff like that happens all the time in other market places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    With RaF, it already is anyway. Vanilla content doesn't even exist anymore in any case - it's Cataclysm content now. The timeline is so fucked up while levelling it's probably best skipped over then read back anyway.
    I've no idea what the RAF numbers are, but I'd guess you're overestimating them. My point here (and why I tried to rephrase in the post you quoted) is that the levelling curve should be worthwhile and bring new players into the game properly rather than ditching them in at the deep end. Learning a rotation, earning gold, working on professions, experiencing the story and getting to know other players all help immersion, which should be the hallmark of an MMO.

My question to you is this:

If you believe skipping 1-90 is fine, and Blizzard believes the same, why are they not removing it entirely?

That's why the whole thing looks grubby to me. Rather than fixing something that's imperfect, as you've rightly implied, they're leaving it in as an inconvenience that people will likely be allowed to pay money to avoid.

It's cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    Is this necessarily a bad thing, when you look at how the low level content is currently designed?

They might want to stick a difficulty-warning by the free level 90 though. There is no doubt leveling from 90-100, will be more challenging than leveling from level 1.
    Is it necessarily a bad thing... I don't know. As mentioned above to Jess, why is that content there at all if Blizzard believes it needn't be? The other option, my preferred one, is that they use this expansion as an opportunity to sort out all of the nonsense that comes before the current expansion. A level squash to retune early zones, an ability squash to clean up bars and sort PvP, a clean up of vanilla profession materials, the item squash to fix the expansion jumps and, essentially, work that'll create a sort of "WoW 2.0" where the game is joined up properly again.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Most people don't learn to read the damn tooltips even. Having to explain to a fire mage why he shouldn't be spamming ice lance and why he should be using his level 90 talents isn't all that odd amongst bad (ie. average) players.
    EXACTLYYYYYY.

People are bad still, this won't change, this is geared towards those who are wanting another alt, maybe wanting a class they never got around to leveling, profession slave, whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    People are bad still, this won't change, this is geared towards those who are wanting another alt, maybe wanting a class they never got around to leveling, profession slave, whatever.
    Mine is going to be a rogue so I can farm junk boxes. I just can't level rogues, I hate playing them, so this'll let me skip the inconvenience.