Poll: Paid 90 Character Levels: Support or Oppose?

Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Support.

Low lvl zones are already mostly empty.
    Leveling alts is boring when you've done it 5 times.
    People will suck whether they lvled 1-90 or not, look in LFR.

I would like to add this. Im sorry for those less fortunate that dont have enough money to pay more than 15 a month for this game. But for me I can and do pay whatever it takes to get to max level fast. I have done RAF with myself multiple times and then used one of my level 90 toons to power level the other 2 all the way to 85 or whatever the previous cap was. Then I paid to have my toons all switched to one account or sometimes i left them on my other account. My point is this. Im going to pay to level faster regardless of it being instant or 300% xp. I just want to pvp.

Support. You still have to level to 100, so new players will have to play their class a bit and get used to it before joining dungeon groups and whatnot, and you don't just buy your way into dungeons or raid right away. The majority of the levelling experience doesn't teach you how to play your class, as you don't have your complete rotations and you don't have all your talents. Most of levelling is spent spamming a couple of abilities until the last few levels when you have everything and it starts to come together.

It gives people who are tired of levelling alts an opportunity to try another class without the grind, and returning players a chance to come back to new content, and not have to go through stuff they've already done.

You could argue that it will result in people not understanding their classes, but one look at stuff like LFR shows that this is the case anyway. Those who are serious about wanting to raid and enjoy the full extent of end-game content that WoW has to offer will research their classes, those that don't will not bother, the same as things have always been. You either put the work in or you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominico View Post
    They have Deathknights and Monks for this sort of thing. As well as Scroll of Resurrection. I understand one toon per account, or maybe one toon per faction per account, but anything more then this takes away from the game. Took me forever to hit 70 in TBC and get my first epic ground mount. I road that for days on end!
    How old were you? I guarantee you had no life like most of us back then, TBC was when I was 18-19 and I was living at home and could play 4-8 hours a day when I wasn't working part time or hanging out with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Maybe before you call someone an idiot you can learn to understand the context of a fucking comment. That was my opinion, which I disregarded immediately after saying it because it is irrelevant to the discussion. Now address the rest of my post and stop flaming.
    He understands the context. He just points out (and correctly) how your opinion is idiotic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well firstly you can stop focusing on 1 word and start understanding the meaning of the phrase. Pay to Win means your paying a premium for an advantage over other players.
    Other players could pay for the same advantage. Therefore, there is no such thing since everyone would be able to have the advantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few years ago, before cata, I would've been completely against one of these systems. But seeing how the leveling has become - streamlined, fast and ultimately boring - I believe Blizzard did a clever choice with selling level 90s. Beside, you still cannot skip leveling entirely: you will have to do 90-100, which I believe will look a lot more like Wotlk than the last two xpac before. You will also have to learn your class to level, which basically mean it's not free max level ready-to-raid toons.

Now of course this destroy their argument of "we worked hard on those other xpac so that's why you must go through them". Of course, it also comes with a few downsides, too. There's the fact that the people who start for the first time (aka a minority) will be able to skip 90% of the game leveling (in term of levels of course) and this situation will probably be a huge setback to the game immersion. Isn't the fact that wow is a huge world actually the main selling point? There's also the fact that people who spent countless hours on their characters might feel their feat diminished by people who just bought the game for the first time, which is perfectly understandable.

Finally, we don't know much yet about how much it'll cost and how it'll work. Will you need to have at least one level 90 before being able to use the paid boosts (like DKs required a level 55 to create)? Will you have anything of worth or just the bare minimum to get into the game? What about the people who leveled their characters the old fashioned way?

A lot of questions still need to be answered. But on my side, for now, I agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    Which is exactly the problem with this place, malcontent's who have long since left popping up to say how terrible a service they'll never use is in a game they no longer play...
    So anyone who dares question the business practices of Blizzard are a "malcontent" are they?

Oh, and you should remove the Bill Hicks quote from your signature. He must be spinning in his grave knowing that people like you are misrepresenting him like this.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Oppose.

Getting 1 character boosted to 90 is enough. It's great for new people and also veterans to start playing with friends asap. But other than that, I don't like a "pay to win" concept.

But if they really going to implement it, it should only be available once a month. And only if you already have a max level (100) character.

Maybe before you call someone an idiot you can learn to understand the context of a fucking comment. That was my opinion, which I disregarded immediately after saying it because it is irrelevant to the discussion. Now address the rest of my post and stop flaming.
    Yeah good for you Great for you I'll go back to adress your whole post. And wow, it makes no sense unless you include the sentence I took out of context and assume its true. Which you're trying to deny now. Much backtrack. Wow.

Levelling is an irrelevant grind to playing WoW. They've left it in, great. They can get the money from you from either

a) Making you pay for a months sub where you spend that month levelling to 90.

b) Charge you $15 to give you a free 90

- They get the money either way so they are happy. The player is given the choice then as to whether they want to spend a month levelling or a month playing the rest of the game. It sonly pay to win if levelling was an advantage that couldn't be achieved in game. Your entire post was mouth dribble. Suitably adressed now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Oh, and you should remove the Bill Hicks quote from your signature. He must be spinning in his grave knowing that people like you are misrepresenting him like this.
    lol If the inferral in your signature is true then its an ENTIRELY appropriate signature when adressing you
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Support. Of course, with more people playing at Max level they'll need to be careful. They'll need a lot more endgame content than previous expansions.
    ( ; , , ; )

Nothing like a good power leveling system supported by the company that once hated the thought of it.

If it can make money blizzard will eventually change their minds on it no matter how bad it is for the game.

I am against the idea, I think it we have enough XP boosts already. This feels like the start of a direction that I doesn't help the genré.

Absolutely support. If customers are willing to pay a sub fee, and then another fee on top of it to NOT PLAY THE GAME? Blizzard can and should laugh all the way to the bank.

Actually, they should sell geared level 100's for 2x what they're charging for 90's.

Oppose.

Lvl 90 alts should not be based on the amount of real money spent. Would be better to award them based on in-game gold or achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Absolutely support. If customers are willing to pay a sub fee, and then another fee on top of it to NOT PLAY THE GAME? Blizzard can and should laugh all the way to the bank.

Actually, they should sell geared level 100's for 2x what they're charging for 90's.
    And I'll be laughing as well, when I make those purchases, knowing that I'm trading money for time in a game I'm highly interested in playing at end-game.

Added insight: This will seriously hurt goldsellers, who are probably a lot more expensive and definitely a lot less secure with their powerleveling services as Blizzard will be. Less goldsellers = less bots = better for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Continuity View Post
    And I'll be laughing as well, when I make those purchases, knowing that I'm trading money for time in a game I'm highly interested in playing at end-game.
    Yeah I was about to say the same thing. Money is time, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

Quote Originally Posted by Continuity View Post
    Some people are finding the concept, that others find levelling a boring but necessary task required before you can play the game properly, difficult to get their heads around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    i dont care should be added as option. i play with friends and thats the only factor that matters for me. since they dont care either then all in wow is ok