Poll: Paid 90 Character Levels: Support or Oppose?

Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    lemme just quote myself here...
    Exactly, you are correct. There is no way a top end guild is going to recruit a random person because they can afford to buy some 90s. (if any of those top end guild recruiters are reading this and would recruit some schmuck off the street who can buy 90's, PM me, I'm you're man!)

leveling is a joke. You learn jack shit while leveling. Having purchasable 90's is only an issue to drama queens.

I don't get the issue, If I want to play a new class I power level them through LFD and hardly pay attention don't talk to anyone and don't read anything or watch any movies. I play the game for endgame Dungeons and Raids, could care less about the leveling fluff in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Your opinion.
    Many players, not exclusively altoholics, also enjoy the leveling experience.
    Don't talk for the entire playerbase please.
    Exactly, but it doesn't hurt other players in this game by buying a level 90. I like leveling as well once in a while, but I really can't give a shit if someone else does buy one.

Your opinion.
    Good for them, they can still level. The only people that will be missing during that leveling process are the people that didn't want to be doing it in the first place. Sounds like a win win to me.

Your opinion.
    I play for endgame why else is so much development put into it. Ill do the shitty leveling once sure but I wont pay attention to it I grind out the quests and take the fastest route possible this xpac was Monkey Runs. I Learn to play my new alt in 20-30 mins on websites like Icy-Veins after I ding max level.

Oppose, because it cheapens the experience in the long run and if people think the skill level of players is hurting now, just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnio View Post
    The next expansion will come in 6 months minimum considering they haven't even started the beta for it. In the meantime they will keep loosing subs , they know that no matter what they do they will keep losing subs so they need to make up for this by making the in-game shop ,selling lvl 90's and all those cool mounts that are only available for cash. I keep getting on my mail free game time for my account i tried this holiday i played the game for 2 hours and uninstall again . It's incredibly boring everything is just aoe zerg until you get to heroic raiding , its just stupid...
    In other words, you don't know anything about it and are just frequenting these forums to bash a game you don't have to play. The "it's incredibly boring everything is just aoe zerg until you get to heroic raiding"-line gave you away as someone spouting bullsh't. I'm playing the game right now, and that statement is just plain wrong and moronic and ANYONE starting the game thinking they'll aoe their way into heroics will be disappointed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Oppose, because it cheapens the experience in the long run and if people think the skill level of players is hurting now, just wait.
    Again, since it can't be said often enough...the leveling does NOT make players skilled. Interest and motivation does.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-01-17 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Whilst I support the idea because I'm lazy, I do consider it pay to win. Here's why:

Pay to win = paying money for ingame advantage.

A level 90 character has an ingame advantage over, say, a level 10. When you're level 90 you can access more of the gameworld without being instantly killed by mobs, you can enter raids, dungeons, and more battlegrounds; you can create more items with professions, you can travel faster by riding ground mounts and flying mounts, it's far easier to make gold, etc. All of that is an ingame advantage over someone who can't afford to pay for lvl 90. Whilst they can level manually, you have an advantage over them until they reach your level - and it's an advantage you paid for.
    Actually I and many others have proven you make more money at lower levels while progressing through professions playing the auction house, just look at the cost of low level mats VS max level ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Which part of getting a fresh 90 does it? You ask which part of leveling does it...the part where you're forced to spend time playing the class and have the time to learn.
    Again, heu heu heu; you don't really believe that do you? Half of the specs don't give you all the tools you need to do your rotation till lvl 85+ So lots of things you "learn" till then have to be "unlearned" anyway. I'd go so far as to say the levelling experience teaches you BAD HABITS you would avoid if given the complete toolset from the get-go.

When I level, I look for information on stats and rotation before I hit max level.
    Welp, rather than spend 30 mins looking stuff up and 40 hours levelling to the relevant level to experiment with it or try it out; its a better system to give them the toon, so they can spend 30 mins looking stuff up and then a fortieth of the leveling time practicing... to wind up better than if they'd spent the 40 hours levelling.

If you're allowed to automatically ding max level, you're allowed to queue for shit right away, you're not forced to play it for a little while.
    Which is a good thing.

I'm not saying there aren't people who click their way to max level with just a few abilities and then jump into LFR and suck, but they have a better chance at not sucking than someone who just bought their character 5 min ago and jumped in. At least they know what their main abilities are and know where it is on the screen or what bind it's on.
    Again - no. If that were true every rogue would just be using shadow step>ambush>eviscerate in raids. Because thats all you need to use to level.

Someone said it's only gonna be for 90's. I didn't see that but if it is, even at 100, it won't be as bad. But regardless, whether you're able to buy a max level or almost max level character, you should have to finish proving grounds Gold (or at least fucking silver) before you're allowed to queue for things. Just have it come with the required ilvl gear for it.
    *shrug* they have stated that the "free 90's" would come with a seperate 'starter' experience to outline the style and abilities of the class.

I'm jumping down your throat a little bit I know - sorry for that - but it annoys me when I hear the arguement that levelling teaches you how to play. It doesn't teach you anything. Its fun first time round as an exploratory experience; but even the gimmicky quests they added in Wrath were more of the same; cata was more of the same; MoP was more of the same.

It would have been like arguing they shouldn't have created the movie industry because books make you appreciate the storyline so much more. Newsflash: Some people prefer watching movies to reading books. Some people prefer end-game to levelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

There's all sorts of reasons players may be lacking skill. The current leveling process being one of them anyways.

You deal with it the same way you do now. You try to guide people that are willing to learn, and kick those that aren't.

Support. You want new players, you aren't going to get them by saying, "Buy our games, our five expansions, and then level something from 1-100, it'll be great!" Gotta bait the hook to get new fish.

Also, the people who oppose are sort of hilarious. By the time you can get your free level 90, Mists content will be nigh irrelevant. Who cares? They're still going to have to truck from 90-100 with the rest of us, learning new stuff and refining what they've already managed to learn about whatever level 90 they bought. If someone wants to drop $50 USD on a level 90 priest, hey, cool, one more priest in the world.

(I have no idea what the price will actually be, but if it's more than 50 or 60USD, I'll be pretty surprised.)

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    "I want to pay you more money, so that I can completely skip this content that I just paid you for".

Next we bring you cinema customers paying extra so that they can leave the film that they just paid to see.
    Lets be honest, people play the end game, not the leveling.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Leveling doesn't teach anyone anything anyways, Blizzard needs to make a scenario you can enter every time you gain a new ability what teaches you how to integrate it into a rotation.

I choose oppose cuz its gonna kill leveling content and even endgame content with all the retards that dont know how to play their class but it seems the casuals are getting what they want again so... we better get prepared for this. And yes this is getting to become Pay To Win Mmo !!

10+ Year Old Account
    I strongly oppose! I feel like leveling a character at the moment is an attempt to teach someone to play said character. Dropping that completely just means more of a mess when that person just skips that whole learning process. LFR and majority of heroic dungeons are terrible experiences for me and I certainly don't want to extend this for everyone else.

For new people I would not recommend it but its super boring leveling nowadays after having done all the content to death. I would pay for all my characters to hit 90. Bads will always be bad, no matter how they level. 90 wont change a thing. Either way at 90 things are radically different. They should provide a proving grounds type thing when they ding you to 90 for the sake of learning your role at least. But either way I support. Also more character slots per server please. Purchased or not!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    your sig says you unsubbed months ago. please leave if you don't want to play the game anymore.
    Which is exactly the problem with this place, malcontent's who have long since left popping up to say how terrible a service they'll never use is in a game they no longer play...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    I choose oppose cuz its gonna kill leveling content and even endgame content with all the retards that dont know how to play their class but it seems the casuals are getting what they want again so... we better get prepared for this. And yes this is getting to become Pay To Win Mmo !!
    Sweet, more time travelers! Please tell us while we have you here, why have all the progression guilds and Flex puggers of the future decided to let the can't-play-because-of-insta-90 crowd into their runs with them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Seems like the community is now fine with P2W, how we have deteriorated.
    I have 5 level 90's, now did I win 5 times or does only the first "win" count, I just want to know so I can use this new definition of the word properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Seems like the community is now fine with P2W, how we have deteriorated.
    If you think that a paid level 90' is even close to being P2W then you are in fact clueless to what P2W means.

If being max level is winning then I've won 15 times. I'm pretty awesome.