Poll: Do you think Blizzard will someday sell heirlooms in the Blizzard store?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont really see that connection. to be honest, i think people are just super worried over nothing. why worry over something that isnt even a thing yet? lets try waiting until Blizz actually mentions these things we all dread in the future.

pre~bitching about theoretical possibilities just gives you gray hair and wrinkles. its not worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    pre~bitching about theoretical possibilities just gives you gray hair and wrinkles. its not worth it.
    All of these cesspit-dwelling ''the skies are falling'' are thriving on it. Is it the thing that motivate them to get them out of bed? To spout doom and gloom everywhere around them?

Without a single doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegislash View Post
    Good luck trying to solo Wotlk heroics back then as any class ( or god forbid gutwrenching stuff like Pit of Saron which was a no-go zone for PuGs )
    Compared to heroics in later expansions when they were outdated but still in the same expansion..yeah, WotlK heroics were harder. See where i'm getting at? At some point i can clear a dungeon in 1 min on my Hunter by just looking at my screen angrily.
    Surely they were not soloable by most classes, but they got streamrolled in like 15mins, if not less.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this game as much as the next guy....but when blizz starts selling gear in the online store then I will probably not support the game anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegislash View Post
    Good luck trying to solo Wotlk heroics back then as any class ( or god forbid gutwrenching stuff like Pit of Saron which was a no-go zone for PuGs )
    Compared to heroics in later expansions when they were outdated but still in the same expansion..yeah, WotlK heroics were harder. See where i'm getting at? At some point i can clear a dungeon in 1 min on my Hunter by just looking at my screen angrily.
    WotLK probably had the easiest Heroics... So, no, you're completely wrong on every level.

OT: I'm inclined to say no, then again, I never would have thought that Blizzard would be selling characters... Take that for what it's worth.

Yes, it's only a matter of time before they appear in the store.

I think they'll stick with the $60 boost and not offer anything else leveling wise for the time being

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly, it can't hurt. I'm sure people would claim that it's P2W, but it still wouldn't be.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

The same arguments that apply to insta-90 would also apply to this, so why not? The leveling process can already be skipped completely if you want to pay them RL money.

Deleted
    Yes, but it doesn't really make any difference to everyone else playing the game. They could even start selling in-game gold and apart from hitting the AH economy it wouldn't really matter to most people.

I don't this so just because of the free 90. Gear would surprise me quite a bit and it would have to be cheap to encourage leveling but that would take away from the heirlooms you can earn in game that take a couple hours to farm for. So I doubt it.

Deleted
    Why not selling heirlooms? Just because they added the 90 boost? One thing does not invalidate the other.

Blizzard still sells Recruit-A-Friends (RAF) programs.

They did not cancel the RAF because of the boost, so that might be an indication they still consider it profitable. There might be a market for people who wish to level faster, just not instantly.

No point in selling leveling heirlooms when the boost is already available.

It wouldn't be p2w, it'd be just stupid.

It's be counter-productive as they're already selling the Level 90 Boost. Besides, the majority of Heirlooms are easily accessible and what good is another +10% when it already rockets by?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh it would seem weird since they already sell the 90 boost. I don't think I would care; I already have all of the heirloom gear bought and upgraded as it is. Just knowing blizzard, it wouldn't be like buying a $2.50 hat in TF2, it would probably be really expensive. I mean those head transmogs were like $15 or something ridiculous weren't they?

Heirlooms have been around for like, 4 years at this point. If they haven't yet, why would they start now?

I can see them doing it, but I highly doubt they will. It's gear, no matter how small it is. The uproar will be huge about how Blizzard are selling gear in WoW that it will drive many potential customers away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

At last count I had 131 heirloom items including two of the rings and I worked my butt off for those. I basically use heirlooms as a way to spend down justice points because I power run my tanks through heroics to valor cap. Even before Cata when you had to get badges for heirlooms they were still stupid easy to get. Once Blizzard opens the Pandoras Box of selling gear we will see a huge influx of complete noobs and a mass exodus of the veteran player base. Blizz did state back when they made the experience elixers available to the Asian market only that the US game model does not really need that type of boost because of the different play time models. The Asian gamers pay by the hour so they really do need a bit of a boost rather than the US model where you pay by the month or longer.

i wish these threads would die.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor