Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    OK GUYS I GET IT, im just living in DENIAL ok!?
    I just cant accept the reality that this world is not the same anymore...I can no longer fight hard to have the Ferrari looking gear that only a few have....I get it...im sad.
    It's not about how your character looks today, nobody gives a shit about that.

It's all about the WoL parses nowadays (thankfully).

Go play Skyrim if you want to look fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillemus View Post
    But how do we cater to both camps? Blizzard decided that implementing "difficulty" settings was the best way, this gives the hardcore 6 day a week X hours a day type of player a challenge all the way through, however, not experience-wise. But on the other hand, any game that "resets" once a week will have trouble presenting new experiences at a pace desired.
    Also I feel that a lot of people are blaming the mainstream MMO for being mainstream, a bit surprising.
    I think the problem is they put the two animals in the same cage. If they were to split them up, things might be different. Hardcore servers? I don't know how anyone could be against that idea. It would be a nice experiment to see how many people are lying about how much they care about what other people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I don't see why it would seeing as it's completely correct.
    Same goes for someone who did timeless isles and never touched LFR, they could get full epics just as easily. Does it mean anything though?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    You're right, shitty games aren't for me. It's not nonsense. A newer difficulty of the same place players have already seen is not motivation for people to keep playing.
    I'd wager you will agree with me that most people who did normal modes and heroic modes since LFR has been out also killed those bosses in LFR.

Seems it didn't dent their appetite for a challenge.

You're wrong. But it doesn't matter, YOU KNOW YOU ARE RIGHT I'm just discussing this with you to see if you'll produce any more pearls of wisdom

EDIT: Seems with EVEN YET MORE DIFFICULTY LEVELS, 7.7% have killed normal mode Garrosh out of 6.9 million WoW players. I could be mad; but... but that sounds about the same as the number who killed LK or Deathwing pre-nerfs...

So in a game with fewer subscribers than back then (by a fair margin too); an EXTRA difficulty of "Oh its just the same but more so loljokes" comparatively MORE people are finding the willpower to clear normal modes :O So really you're talking complete nonsense You have a great day now
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2014-01-18 at 07:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The question being asked here is...what are the motivations to a new player to keep doing PVE after clearing LFR

-item level
    -Gear with the same design (possibly a different color)
    -tag in the armor saying heroic
    - + stats on gear

<--- This to me (in my personal opinion) is the most irrelevant stuff I can experience in a game. Stats? Color? Same bosses? Same thing but harder?
    This is the true question here...is this enough for a new player or even a normal player to want to improve and see.
    You guys are calling us insane for believing a full geared person with LFR as seen 90% of the game...but I just cant see the point for fighting so hard to gain so little.
    Im sorry but I see nothing cool enough to excite me. Maybe a title...nah, still no good feeling in my trousers. Nothing excites me anymore :C

How about fun?

Hang on, hang on, hear me out.

See, some people don't get enjoyment out of sitting there quietly DPSing a boss for ten minutes before being handed loot. Some people do. Those who don't are free to try the next tier of difficulty. If they still find THAT too easy, there's still Normal and Heroic to do. In Normal and Heroic, the raids are generally tuned enough that it helps to have Vent or a chat program. This allows players to talk during the trash and to co-ordinate during the fights.

In many cases, Normal and Heroic are difficult enough that an encounter might take a guild several attempts to several weeks to get past, depending on the guild. Those players feel a measure of satisfaction after finally completing and achieving their goal. Sure, they could have done it 'the easy way' in LFR, but in all probability, they already have, and now they are doing it in a harder difficulty because it's fun to them to overcome challenges.

Now, it might be a difficult concept, this groundbreaking idea of playing a game for fun for fun's sake instead of for virtual rewards, but I can assure you it's true. There are many hard games out there that are single player, yet people play them anyway, not to have stuff other people don't, but to overcome the challenges and to be able to brag about how they did so. There's no reward for leveling a Pandaren to level 85 without leaving the starting zone, but that didn't stop someone from doing so. There's no reward for leveling a character to 80 with no gear, weapons or deaths, but that didn't stop someone from doing so.

It all comes down to the magical concept of 'fun'. If people find something 'fun', they will do it, instead of something that could arguably be more practical. Some people want rewards for their effort, and they find that fun, true, but it turns out people are still running Flex, Normal and Heroic mode raids in MoP even though LFR has been here the entire expansion. Maybe they do it for those extra stats. Maybe they do it for the achievements, mounts, pets and titles. Maybe they just do it because overcoming a challenge satisfies them.

Whatever the case, someone who chooses to just play LFR to see the story/encounters isn't detracting from those player's enjoyment. They're getting their fun in their own way, and they won't get the same experience as those raiders unless they put the work into it- but mostly, they don't care.

Because it might not fun to them.

You're right, shitty games aren't for me. It's not nonsense. A newer difficulty of the same place players have already seen is not motivation for people to keep playing.
    You have to realise that some people just aren't total scrubdogs like you when it comes to playing games. Some of us REALLY don't give a shit what a boss, dungeon, gear or whateverthefuck looks like. All we care about is if it's hard enough, and that's where WoW delivers. It is indeed motivational for some of us.

Jesus you just shat on games that have different difficulties. Congrats on that accomplishment,

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    I think the problem is they put the two animals in the same cage. If they were to split them up, things might be different. Hardcore servers? I don't know how anyone could be against that idea. It would be a nice experiment to see how many people are lying about how much they care about what other people think.
    At this point they'd essentially be half assing 2 things instead of whole assing one. But, I see that it could be interesting, but how would the transfers work etc etc, I think this would more likely bring around the end of hardcore raiding (due to issues with acquiring new talent).

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone help me? After I saw this video it got me worried....because I was thinking of coming back in Draenor...but if things will be like this I really don't know anymore.

VIDEO: w.youtube.com/watch?v=GFWh9aY4pas

min 3:35 (may the trolling begin)

Are things this bad? Can ANY player no matter how bad they are be able to do 100% of the content (Heroic modes not included).

I don't play the game for a long time because how things were in Pandaria. Easy accessibility and easy content for everyone removed my will for progression and willpower to continue playing. That and a community that was getting more antisocial by the second with Instanced content being the top priority at the moment. No more Socializing in the open World ( the Isle of Thunder made hoping for more content with pvp encounters and social gameplay in the world....)

Can someone plz get my hopes up for Draenor? :C
    Nah. None of that will matter soon. Soon it will be all about money.

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    I am replying to this to shoot in the face about how you believe people care about what others do. I believe I am a person and I don't care if Paragon gets world first. You affected me enough by your post that you want to group me with a bunch of people I am not. See I don't care about what people do on WoW, I care a little bit when people think they can talk for me. You don't talk for me. Again, you billybob, joe blow can be heroic raiders, crappy players and I wouldn't care. I care about my part of wow and who I hang out with in wow.
    I was speaking purely from observation. You don't have to agree with it. I'm just telling it like I see it. Maybe I don't speak for you, but I speak for the majority of people. Egotism is not exactly dead. There are signs of it everywhere.

Couple random thoughts

1: How to experience the hardest fight in the game the easiest way possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jQYObKTIG8

confused? well my point is quite honestly you can watch that fight on youtube and you literally just experienced the fight...even without LFR youtube basically makes the fight..well accessible by anyone who cares enough to search for it..so you can experience the hardest fight in the game without even buying the game

as for the whole "Wow is a game about respect and glory"..no its not..never has been never will

The common opinion of the average wow player plain and simple is this

face it...that is the common opinion of MMO players..its slowly dying out but ask someone on the street and they either do play wow or think you're that

3. Quite honestly...epicness isn't just being able to kill a boss

I want any of you to tell me with a straight face that the entirety of Zelda Ocarnia of Time wasn't epic...or maybe even Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy 7, Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Point I'm bringing here is the VAST majority of people have beaten these games...sure a lot of folks may not of been able to beat Ruby and Emerald Weapon, Beat MGS on Very Hard, Beat SOTN on Luck mode, or able to beat the world record of friggin 12 minutes but those games are still pretty damned epic....if you want effort play it on the modes that require effort otherwise just ignore the easy modes like LFR..pretend that button isn't there..hell I'm pretty sure theres an Addon that will basically make the LFR button invisible to you so you can pretty much pretend it doesn't exist (if it doesn't exist for the love of Elune someone make one so some of these people will SHUT UP)

Quote Originally Posted by XyroN View Post
    You have to realise that some people just aren't total scrubdogs like you when it comes to playing games. Some of us REALLY don't give a shit what a boss, dungeon, gear or whateverthefuck looks like. All we care about is if it's hard enough, and that's where WoW delivers. It is indeed motivational for some of us.
    Sounds like a big ego stroke. What's funny is there's people like me who would probably rock wannabes like you, but don't need to. You'd be happy in a room with 4 white walls and a generic boss as long as you can look good in front of your e-friends. Not trying to be a dick but I'll shoot back whatever you send towards me. And the FACT is that the game is a shell of what it was, it's lost most all of it's integrity. I just want it back. I want an adventure game, not an arcade game.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-01-18 at 07:18 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol im sorry if im offending anyone by this but...this video felt like a knife in my chest xD
    Being able to see 100% of the content like this...and be considerably rewarded for it...I was like W t F.

What are going to be my goals if I decide to play again? What content should I aim for? Heroics? No way, I refuse to fight so hard for something I already saw and little to no reward (better stats same looks of gear yay..).
    You can play the game how you like. You can troll groups in LFR with AFKing, trash pulling, resetting bosses, etc. Or you can DPS/heal your best. Or you can stay out of LFR and participate in Flex/Normal/Heroic.

If you want to play the game in a way that grosses you out, you can do that.

If you want to find someone else playing the game in a way that grosses you out, you definitely can do that.

But if you want to be an adult and just do what you need to do to enjoy the game, and stay away from it if you can't, then that's what you probably should do.

I would advise the OP to not come back.

You're the kind of person that, by definition, ruins it for everyone, including yourself. You'd just end up being pissed off and disappointed and would proceed to annoy others with whine threads about how much about this game is WRONG.

In 40 man raids, people got carried.
    In 25 man raids, people get carried.
    In normal mode raids, people get carried.
    In Flex raids, people get carried.
    Even in some Heroic raids.... people get carried if they buy a run through from a guild.

End of the day, people have always been able to get carried. Being AFK for the whole fight is no different than the idiots who get 1 shot by mechanics and eat dirt for the whole fight. For someone to do "nothing" other people need to doing "something". If the whole raid decided to "do nothing" then nothing would be accomplished.

So so, this isn't a product of LFR, it's been happening since Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I would advise the OP to not come back.

You're the kind of person that, by definition, ruins it for everyone, including yourself. You'd just end up being pissed off and disappointed and would proceed to annoy others with whine threads about how much about this game is WRONG.
    Don't understand how anyone can come to this conclusion. The OP is more or less spot on, the game he wants is all around a better game. Current WoW could be on a console.

This probably only partially pertains to the OP but I have to ask; is Flex considered more prestigious than LFR? I'm not asking in comparison to normal/heroics, just in general.

Deleted
    Don't understand how anyone can come to this conclusion. The OP is more or less spot on, the game he wants is all around a better game. Current WoW could be on a console.
    What exactly does "the game he wants" look like? Less accessability? But exactly how? The way it used to be in WotLK? The way it used to be in TBC? The way it used to be in Classic?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Even in some Heroic raids.... people get carried if they buy a run through from a guild.

You don't even have to pay if you're popular

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    What exactly does "the game he wants" look like? Less accessability? But exactly how? The way it used to be in WotLK? The way it used to be in TBC? The way it used to be in Classic?
    Brandon knows he is right. Just roll with it
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

"i played a game on Very Easy Mode. Lol it was easy and it sucks."