View Poll Results: Would you run LFR if there was no loot to be obtained?

Voters
1293. This poll is closed
  • No

830 64.19%
  • Yes

73 5.65%
  • Only once!

390 30.16%
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    The person who voted yes must have been trolling.
    When I've ever run LFR it hasn't been for the gear; hell I ran Pinnacle of Storms about 10 times in its first week because I enjoyed the challenge of galvanising an LFR group; and seeing if I could kill him in fewest wipes possible (2 wipes was the best I managed).

Thats mainly because there was tonnes of QQ on forums about how LFR Lei Shen was too tough for a random group to face off against; and I disagreed (and still do). Also I've been a raid leader in a 25 man raid guild for coming up to 7 years now; so for me its a fun exercise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I'd complete it once on my main to see the raid instance, then do whatever other content they put in to replace LFR loot so I could gear up my main.

No, I only use it to gear my alts while watching netflix.

i dont find LFR fun or challenging in the least (its not meant to be) i dont feel it should drop raid finder tier gear, sorry i dont feel tourist mode should reward people with anything but valor and achievement progress, it adds to burn out because as a raider not only do i need to set aside time to raid with my guild but need to find extra time to do LFR to get a minimal upgrade and achieve 4 pc faster. while its not required per-say it almost is based on the fact that the minimal upgrade of RF tier can help gear you up faster and possibly bump my personal numbers up enough to make that push in my regular raid. not a huge deal but imo im wasting my time and my guilds time if i dont set aside the personal time and get my 4 set a week or two sooner, just like i take the time and make sure i have pots gems and enchants and all the other small time sinks that are required if i want to be a competitive and appreciated member of my raid team, jmo though i guess.

I swear to god man, people and their ridiculous questions in mmo champion...If loot was removed from dungeons would people do them? no, maybe once just to check it out. If loot was removed from raids would people do them? same treatment.

Honestly what kind of question is that?
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2014-01-19 at 02:03 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck no I'm surprised some people even stated yes lol

I'd do it once to see it, then never again. I do it rarely more than that anyway, I don't have the patience for wiping over and over like I used to, it's tiresome and stressful.

Loot wont be removed from LFR and LFR is going no where.

Would you run normal and heroic if it didn't drop any gear? would anyone play this game if there was no gear progression? I've got more stupid questions if anyone wants me to post them!

What would be the point of doing it then? I guess maybe once for funsies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell, I don't do LFR now.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

It'd be like going to the dentist to get teeth pulled for fun....
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

After the first week or two no one would run it again.

No way. LFR is painful now, so why would Blizzard remove loot and make it even more painful? There would be no reward to it, so what would be the point?
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

I do LFR to see content, not to get loot. Of course, I'd rather be actually raiding in a guild, like I used to, but that was also to DO the game, not to get stuff. So, yes, I would.

EDIT: Maybe I should have voted "only once," because after seeing it the first time, why keep going back?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    The person who voted yes must have been trolling.
    I'm not trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    content without reward serve no purpose, so no i would not

10+ Year Old Account
    I MAINLY run it for the story, because I haven't been motivated to do actual raiding this x-pack (rl stuff). Getting the gear is a nice bonus, though, since I always try to do my best :P

So if all gear was removed, I'd run each wing once, for the story. Then get gear and maybe start looking for a raiding guild.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I can get in and get out.
    My guild can clear all of SoO in normal mode in about 3.5 hours (we have a strict limit of only six hours per week maximum). No way LFR takes less time than that, especially once you calculate in the queue times. The whole "I cannot commit to a raid team" excuse is nonsense. LFR shouldn't drop loot at all (or at best, it should drop prior tier stuff).

People need to get over the stupid elitism that LFR is inferior and not worthy of anything.
    LFR exists because the increasingly arrogant raiding community made it necessary.
    Inflated gear requirements, inflated dps requirements, less flexibility regarding start times/durations than ever before.
    Yet they whined endlessly about how LFR is "killing" their experience and pulling people away from the traditional format.
    No, it was stupid people like that who killed the interest in traditional raiding.

It needs said again and again, if you don't like LFR - DON'T DO IT.
    As that point despite being made numerous times doesn't get into the heads of rather ignorant people.
    If you geared up in a previous tier, or even are "skilled" enough, then you can skip LFR completely.
    If you choose to be there for extra gear then that is your choice only.

Quote Originally Posted by xixixviixiiii View Post
    My guild can clear all of SoO in normal mode in about 3.5 hours (we have a strict limit of only six hours per week maximum). No way LFR takes less time than that, especially once you calculate in the queue times. The whole "I cannot commit to a raid team" excuse is nonsense. LFR shouldn't drop loot at all (or at best, it should drop prior tier stuff).
    Because YOU can commit to that, you assume that everyone can and should.
    Proof of what I just stated, a narrow-minded attitude where your capabilities push up the expectations you demand from people who are not you.
    There is the duration AND a fixed start time, something which the lucky people who can commit often play down as being less of an issue than it actually is.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-01-19 at 02:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

This thread will be a funny preview of what it will be like when Blizzard officially shows what they are doing with LFR and other non-raiding end game. (They have plenty comments referencing what they are likely to do, this is actually based off available info)

And people thought too many people complained another buyable 90s......