Poll: Does the color of someone's skin play a role in their attractiveness?

Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Skin-color and attraction: Nigerian pop star uses skin-whitening bleaching cream to

... turn "white" and ends up causing a controversy as a result.

http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/01/...elling-stores/

I think the self-hatred present within doing something like this is insane. It's 2014, why do people still care about their skin color to the point of using carcinogenic skin-whitening creams? To paraphrase the famous philosopher J. Cole, don't alter the genome God already put his paintbrush on.

edit: don't disappoint me with this poll

edit2: damn
    Last edited by TheGravemind; 2014-01-19 at 07:37 AM.

Oh look, reverse black-face. MJ because he didn't want to look splotchy, due to his skin condition being a form that spread. This person was just a vain idiot.

Healthy skin is attractive, regardless of color. Wrinkled, leathery, overly sun exposed skin is unattractive. I get sick at the thought of people putting themselves in ovens to change the color of their skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    She was prettier naturally. Her natural features on a fake skin tone just look awkward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    She was prettier naturally. Her natural features on a fake skin tone just look awkward.
    I'm sure her picture has a fair bit of photoshopping involved, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    I'm sure her picture has a fair bit of photoshopping involved, too.
    yeah, her boob wait hip ratio looks weird even taking into account the probable fake boobs. That pinch in her waist looks unnatural.

Eh, if she wants to do it, props to her. I think she uglied herself up though.

I don't know, she does look very slightly better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Deleted
    I answered "very much so", but only because i think your poll is badly worded. For example, Beyonces skin tone looks perfect on her, but it might not look on someone else. And she wouldn't probably look as good if she was very dark or very pale.

So, i think that somenes skin tone might play a role in their attractivenes, but it also might be indifferent.

Personally, I dislike dark skin. I don't find it to be very attractive. I don't care what type of dark skin it is. I don't care where you're from. I don't like it. Am I going to call you ugly? Am I going to berate you in any way for being dark? No, but I'm certain someone will read this and go "omg u a racist!!!1111one1"

10+ Year Old Account
    I find really dark skin less attractive than bronzed or white skin.

With that said, I don't find it unattractive.
    Putin khuliyo

"nearly 77-percent of Nigerian women, the highest percentage in the world, use skin-lightening products regularly"
    personally she looked better with the dark skin as the overly whiteness is offputing and not natural. sounds more like a systemic issue in nigeria then just simple self loathing.

Oh non-South Africa countries how you continue with your silliness. No matter how much they bleach their skin, or how much silicone they pump into their breasts, or weaves they purchase they will never be naturally Caucasian. They need to accept that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    "nearly 77-percent of Nigerian women, the highest percentage in the world, use skin-lightening products regularly"
    personally she looked better with the dark skin as the overly whiteness is offputing and not natural. sounds more like a systemic issue in nigeria then just simple self loathing.
    Nah, it's pretty much businesses capitalizing on self-loathing. It's the same deal in India, which is high too, and the Philippines.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    Oh non-South Africa countries how you continue with your silliness. No matter how much they bleach their skin, or how much silicone they pump into their breasts, or weaves they purchase they will never be naturally Caucasian. They need to accept that fact.
    I'd be jealous of all those rich attractive white people too.

I know it's lightning but man she looks scary! I don't think there is anything wrong with it as long as they're comfortable with people that they know looking at them kind of funny but I think people that do this need to be reminded not to be... over zealous? A LOT of asians and indians do this as well!

Personally I thought she was perfectly fine with her original skin... its a little shocking to be honest!

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Nah, it's pretty much businesses capitalizing on self-loathing. It's the same deal in India, which is high too, and the Philippines.
    Aren't northern Indians a lot lighter than southern Indians? I figured it was more of a class/sect divide thing than straight self-loathing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I now regret having included a poll with this post, you are all validating her efforts to change the color of her skin. wtf

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danarez View Post
    Aren't northern Indians a lot lighter than southern Indians? I figured it was more of a class/sect divide thing than straight self-loathing.
    Northern Indians have Afghan/Iranian/Arab/Mongolian ancestry, so, they tend to be pretty white.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I find really dark skin less attractive than bronzed or white skin.

With that said, I don't find it unattractive.
    Bronzed skin? What exactly is this "bronzed skin" that you speak of?

I'd be jealous of all those rich attractive white people too.
    So would I, if I never looked at white people on a day to day basis, and realized that they're really just as bland as everyone else. They just pedestal themselves far more often and louder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Bronzed skin? What exactly is this "bronzed skin" that you speak of?
    Tanned.

And not John Boehner orange-glow tanned either.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I dislike dark skin. I don't find it to be very attractive. I don't care what type of dark skin it is. I don't care where you're from. I don't like it. Am I going to call you ugly? Am I going to berate you in any way for being dark? No, but I'm certain someone will read this and go "omg u a racist!!!1111one1"
    You're not a racist for not being biologically and neurologically not-attracted to dark skin, but does that mean you're not-attracted to everyone with dark skin? That's the determining difference between being a racist and being someone who just doesn't find dark skin that attractive.