KgPanels questions

Hey!

So I'm working on a new UI. I've found my style (its based off of http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/sewe...-sunn-art-pack, which is based off a pretty nice HoN UI), and have a few customization things that i can't figure out.

A screenshot of what I've come up with is found here:

Now, that nice dwarf priest picture is currently covering up my trade chat (by design) and where my party/raid frames will be shown. I have a plan to make him disappear whenever i need to show either party or whenever I'm in a city. I'm using KgPanels, and in the panel he is the texture of I have got the following scripts:
    onLoad:
    Code:
    self:RegisterEvent("CHAT_MSG_CHANNEL_NOTICE")
    onEvent:
    Code:
    if event == "CHAT_MSG_CHANNEL_NOTICE" then
        if arg1 == "YOU_JOINED" and arg7 == 2 then
            self: Hide()
        end
        if arg1 == "YOU_LEFT" and arg7 == 2 then
            self:Show()
        end
    end
    This should hide the panel whenever T join trade, and show it again when I leave it. my first problem is: the hide part seems to be working fine, but when i exit the city again, it doesn't show up. I can't find any reason why it shouldn't, so any help here is very much appreciated.

The next step is to have it hide and show nicely. I'm thinking sliding in and out of the screen. Since this panel doesn't need to detect mouseovers or stuff like that, I'm thinking it'll suffice just to write some nifty code in the onHide and onShow callbacks... is that a bad idea? I've tried looking around for a tutorial or such to help me get started, but to no avail. If anyone could either help me with my specific situation or point me in the direction of some document or website that could help me, I'd love that. This slide-in and -out is something I have an idea for using several places, so the latter would probably be the best.

Thanks so very much in advance

PS: if anyone has any tips for making this (still uncomplete) UI better, i'm all open for ideas!

I think you should use arg8 instead of arg7.