Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    No, better. GameCube^3.
    Nintendo Cube
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Here's the thing. I didn't really care about such...little details on the large scale.
    Well, Nintendo did. They were always more likely to emulate their most successful console, rather than their least successful one. You don't have to like it, but when you look at their history, many of their choices make sense (not all of them).

Did it pan out? I think we all know the answer to that. But hey, if it's any consolidation, the struggles of the Wii U are likely to result in a direction that's more likely to appeal to you.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Let's look at some of the "helpful" suggestions some of the people here have layer out.

-Stop making games of their flagship IPs

This is what Capcom is doing (Mega Man). Their fans are pissed.

-Port their games to cell phones rather than making good console games

This is what Square is doing. Their fans are pissed.

-Go 3rd party.

This is what Sega did. Their quality cratered. Their fans are pissed.

-Make new IPs

Let's take a look at this one seriously. Did ANY of you buy the following games? (Be honest)

-Elite Beat Agents
    -Alundra
    -Brave Fencer Musashi
    -Okami
    -Ni no Kuni
    -The Wonderful 101
    -Zack & Wiki
    -Xenoblade
    -Last Story
    -Pandora's Tower
    -Madworld

Don't get me wrong, I would like new IPs. It's just that I don't want to hear this from people who most likely won't buy them.

Look, I get it. Nintendo games aren't for you. That's fine, I should expect that from a primarily PC focused site. But do you really want the gaming scene to become even more homogenized than it already is? Most of the market is focusing on you guys. Even companies that didn't traditionally focus on games that appeal to you are solely focusing there just to stay afloat. How much more do you want before you're satisfied?
    Brave Fencer Mushashi was amazing.
    Do not underestimate us.

i think they should go with a strong name.

something like

Nintendo Prime

or maybe go with the wiis original title

Nintendo Revolution
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

My first attempt at a meme. I'm so proud!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zannis View Post

Rofl, nice.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think they should go with a strong name.

something like

Nintendo Prime

or maybe go with the wiis original title

Nintendo Revolution
    Or Gamecubes original name, Nintendo Dolphin! At least I think that's what it was

Personally I gave up nintendo after the wii. Bought it as soon it came out to realize that the only resonable game i had to play on it was smash brothers that btw i didnt like as much as i liked melee and the first one. I played overlord too at wii and i think thats all i really played on it. Not a fan of those wanna be computers microsoft and sony have been making but i do enjoy playing my xbox360 (bought one two years ago) once in a while. Still hate this thing of having to autenticate aand wait the thing to load like a regular computer. Maybe i am too atached to the time you turned your videogame on and started playing.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Nintendo sells boxes to play Mario and Zelda.

I was fed up with these two over 15 years ago, so yeah, it's about time for people to start realize this.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post

I was fed up with these two over 15 years ago, so yeah, it's about time for people to start realize this.
    I have no issue with it though. I buy them expecting that.

My favorite console was (and i think still is) the Nintendo 64. So many excelent games even if they were too expensive for their time period. Ogre battle 64, goldeneye, perfect dark, super mario kart 64, star fox 64, hell, starcraft 64, i played it more than on the pc using the multiplayer. Used to get slow as a slime after like 15 minutes but i used to have a blast.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    My favorite console was (and i think still is) the Nintendo 64. So many excelent games even if they were too expensive for their time period. Ogre battle 64, goldeneye, perfect dark, super mario kart 64, star fox 64, hell, starcraft 64, i played it more than on the pc using the multiplayer. Used to get slow as a slime after like 15 minutes but i used to have a blast.
    Every game you just listed except for Starcract 64 was brilliant, IMO. Gosh, I sank so many hours into Ogre Battle 64.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    not when it comes to online multiplayer ... not because the system can't handle it, but because the games don't support it. games like SM3DW, Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3 could basically have online multiplayer additionally to the local multiplayer. and exactly that is the problem.

I've stated on many a occasion that i love the focus of local multiplayer because i think it's alot more fun compared to online multiplayer, sadly though players in the west (don't know how the japanese think about it) generally like to have online mulitplayer ... nintendo isn't delivering that.

- - - Updated - - -

would be nice to know where you draw the line between next and previous gen ... i personally consider the WiiU next gen, as well as the games that are for the WiiU.

and believe me: i'm the last one caring about 1080 or 720 ... atm i play some Wii games (Xenoblade Chronicles, Zelda Twilight Princess and Madworld).
    60 fps is nice though because the game looks so much smoother. the 60fps have to be constant though, otherwise it would produce stutter which would be quite annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

have you played Castlevania: Mirror of Fate on the 3DS ? It is part of the reboot but i quite like it. It is a 2D platformer like the old Castlevania games.
    To be honest: i really enjoyed the reboot so far, the Lords of Shadow PC port was great and i cannot wait for the sequel.
    On a phone so quoting your whole post but responding to you quoting me.

Where's my Ratchet and Clank online multiplayer? See for platformers, online multiplayer is an after thought, yes it would be nice for a Mario game to have it but they decided not too. It doesn't need it and here's the thing, Sony is just as bad with some of their franchises as Nintendo with online play.
    Hey everyone

Yeah, I mean. When was the last time Nintendo released a Fire Emblem, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, or Pokemon game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I mean. When was the last time Nintendo released a Fire Emblem, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, or Pokemon game?
    All of them this last year at 2013 <_<...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zannis View Post

I'm pretty sure the years of the GameCube were far worse xD

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

And I was sick of Call of Duty after the 3rd game and tired of Halo after the 2nd game, but you know, their respective developers have continued to milk the ever living crap out of them too.

See? I can be a pessimist as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Every game you just listed except for Starcract 64 was brilliant, IMO. Gosh, I sank so many hours into Ogre Battle 64.
    Me too, I loved that game. I don't think in the generations since I have sunk as much time into an entire gaming system as I did that one. My brother and I both destroyed more then one controller playing Mario Party games on it. It's such a shame that console gaming doesn't have that kind of fun anymore. Nintendo really did try to bring that back with Super Mario 3D World though and I hope they can find a way to reboot the Mario Party franchise into something with that old time fun simple and enjoyable local multiplayer but also expanding it to have online play as well. Despite being an adult, my most enjoyable gaming moments are the one's sitting in front of a TV with some friends having fun playing a game with that competitive sort of feel but isn't so serious that you can't laugh and have a good time with it. I have been of the opinion for some time that the advent of online gaming for consoles has overall impacted the quality of our multiplayer experiences. There is nothing more fun then being able to laugh and giggle while trash talking your friends by doing stupid things in a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon MMO.
    Currently Procrastinating

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Well, CoD as a positive example of how Nintendo should try to innovate more is ... *cough".

I don't see the big innovation anywhere else on the console market. Nintendo may be rehashing their Zelda and Mario franchises over and over again, but on the other hand, whenever a new Zelda or Mario is released, it pretty much puts everything else in their place gameplay wise, so, yeah.

I think that Nintendo's problems arise from the fact that they perhaps neglected the demographic of "core gamers" too much. They have this "children's game company" image about them that they didn't consequently try to get rid of. I think that's hurting them in the long run, mainly because their consoles are becoming less and less attractive for 3rd party developers. Image- and performance wise. I think the last decade has proven that no matter how good their in-house products are, it's not enough to keep a healthy business running.
    At least the Wii U is a nice touch of innovation, albeit it being a DS + Wii, but an upgraded fusion of the two.

Regardless, Nintendo's biggest problem atm is the power of the Wii U being vastly inferior to that of the PS4 and XBone, and by this, I mean "LAWL GRAYFIX RN'T GUD ENUF". Because of this (and the tablet controller that is AMAZING albeit confusing), it doesn't get the 3rd party support that the other two consoles (and PCs) get, hence why the library of games for the Wii U well over a year after initial release is really low, let alone the GOOD games that exist are... well, I could probably count them all on one hand.

My only concern is that if they decide to go with a new system (that's already been rumored), what will happen to those of us who bought a Wii U? Are they giving us a refund or discount on the new system? Are we going to get another 3DS-style Ambassador Program (for the second time now)? Or, are they just going to give their devoted fans a giant middle finger and laugh?

My Wii U's been collecting dust for the last year. I picked up a few of the newer games (SM3DW and Wind Waker HD [albeit a remake...]) around the holidays, and while they're both incredibly good (the additions to WW HD are so nice), they're basically all the games I have, after Monster Hunter and Nintendo Land. Worried that this system is just going to die off so quickly in favor of a new console that isn't between last and the current generation purely due to idiots who thinks graphics are more vital than gameplay.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    All of them this last year at 2013 <_<...

Look, I get it. Nintendo games aren't for you. That's fine, I should expect that from a primarily PC focused site. But do you really want the gaming scene to become even more homogenized than it already is? Most of the market is focusing on you guys. Even companies that didn't traditionally focus on games that appeal to you are solely focusing there just to stay afloat. How much more do you want before you're satisfied?
    I'm almost purely PC gaming now, but I still love Nintendo games. Also, aren't indie titles trying to recapture what used to be the golden age of Nintendo (NES-SNES era)? If you're on a PC for 3rd party support alone, there's no real point besides being lazy and not wanting to go to another room to play your XBone or PS4, but to say Nintendo games aren't for the PC gamers is just a bit odd to me; if anything, there's probably the most Nintendo fans in the PC gamers community over the other consoles...

Of course, that's just my two cents; I might also be a bit biased because I was born with a Super Nintendo, am still a fan of Nintendo, but have just about forsaken console gaming for PC (With the exception of Nintendo, of course!).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.