Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    Can someone tell me if KDA has an influence on how fast you gain or lose league points by the way?
    no it doesnt most likely
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpi View Post
    I just finished my 10 games in Ranked and i am pretty disappointed by the result, before reset i was in Gold 5 , just recently managed to get there after long time silver. I tried my best and managed 7 victorys and now i am getting to the bottom of Silver 2. I dont understand why if lost most of my games i would consider it fair but so i managed to collect more victories then defeats which would have gotten me to gold 4 and now i am demoted two Divisions. What kind of system is this.

What are your experiences with the Qualification system, a friend of mine was Gold three but now is back to silver one with one more loss then me. Is it possible to gain some ranks from this qualifier or are you just punished.
    You were Lucky... My friend was in Promo for Platinum, but got kicked to Silver II as well...

I lost the first 3 games with 0 wins.. First game due to server lag... Right as final fight was there i froze and was dead when i got out... (I was kha zix with 16/5 score...) They then aced us and won due to fed Trist... (We would have won np since i could easy kill all on their team 1v1 and had GA etc, but when screen freezes for 15 sec its plenty for them to kill me.)
    I also lost 1 more game as Rengar where i was doing well nontheless, but team was too far behind...
    Anyway i managed to turn it around. I then won 3 caitlyn games 1 LeBlanc game and 1 loss and 1 win as Shyvana. This meant i went 5/5 and i thought i was almost going to Bronze, but luckily i only got thrown 2 divisions Down...

Deleted
    I'm currently 3-1 and I'm scared to continue. 3 wins with Lee and a loss with Udyr.

Soooo... I was Gold 5 last season, went 8-2 placements and....

Granted every game was mostly against Plats and one with Challenger players, but still!

from silver 1 to s4.

order of wins and loses:

3-0
    3-1 (random bronze insta locks my jungle role and feed kha zix jungle for days)
    4-1
    4-3 (fucking afk people both games)
    5-3
    5-4 (full AD not working out well during late game, who would have thought)
    6-4

Quote Originally Posted by Priestlie View Post
    Friend on mine was Silver 2 in Season 3. He went 8-2 in placements. He is now in Gold 2... I don't even.
    His mmr got raised either because it was already high or he beat some higher mmr people

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Yeh, I fell as well, from gold to silver, then skipped a league during my promotion, from silver 3 to to silver 1. Not sure what the deal is with that.
    Your mmr is higher than your current division, so you skip ones until your back up to your skill level. Same applies if you are a lower mmr in a higher division, you'll lose more

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    plat5, 5-5, stupid games with horrible baddies at the end. End up in Silver 1, I am done with this game. I really wish I could get my money back...
    If you are a legit plat 5, you should rofl through silver and gold easily

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    no it doesnt most likely
    It doesn't. Mmr determines how much you lose/gain

Deleted
    s3: silver III
    pre-season: sllver II
    3 looses, 6 wins, 1 loss prevented after (start of s4): silver I

I'm glad. I think it's fair.

I've only done 6 of mine. I'm honestly scared by them. Was plat 5 (highest was plat 4, was moved back to plat 5 where I maintained about 50% win rate for awhile) and I'm 3/3 in my placements. The games I've lost were due to people AFKing or stupid things like losing two towers 10 minutes in top lane. Not much I can do about that if I'm ADC.

I play mostly against other plat players, if that helps give any insight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went 7-3 and gt placed Gold 5 (first 7 matches was all wins, then a 3 loss streak)

So I just played my first placement match. It's probably gonna take some time before I do that again.

In champion select, everyone sorted out which roles they wanted to play. I ended up as support (5th pick.. Yay?), so I set my support masteries and picked my runes.

Then 4th pick goes "Ok, I'll top". Then realized we only needed a jungler and says "Oh, jngl then". I then pick my support and are ready to lock in. 10 seconds before the timer runs out, 4th pick picks Blitzcrank and says "support".
    I had less than 10 seconds to figure out which jungler I wanted to play, which isn't an easy task when your 3 main junglers are banned.

We then get into the game, me being pretty grumpy since Blitzcrank completely ruined champ select. After 15 minutes or so, our Blitzcrank have ruined bot lane too. He's 0-6-1 at this point. Meanwhile our mid gets camped by their jungler, so their Kha starts to snowball. I managed to counter-champ and get our mid back into the game, but it was lost.
    Blitzcrank would get caught time and time again and we were basically 4v5 all game, because he was dead all the time.

I know MMR has been reset, so Bronze 5 people have probably got an increased MMR, while my Plat MMR has dropped... but Jesus fuck, it'd be great if I could not get matched with pre-reset Bronze 5 people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Deleted
    Went 3-7 thanks to trolls/afk/leavers. Ended up Bronze 2, started to try get myself out but typical bronze style players in every game on my team, to top it off 10LP per a win, 15LP per lose. GG.

Your W/L is somewhat irrelevant as well. It's based off how YOU do as a player. I was Gold III, went 6-4, ended up Gold IV. Perfectly okay with that. Difference is I was playing with golds/ high silvers and mostly playing tanky junglers. My scores weren't always the best but I did my job; played Volibear every game in the jungle and, even though we lost one game 8-33, I went 4-4-4. Nothing outlandish but I did play very well despite my team just completely folding.

You were NEVER going to go up. I really don't know why people thought they would.

Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr13 View Post
    Your W/L is somewhat irrelevant as well. It's based off how YOU do as a player.
    You gain MMR when you win, you lose MMR when you lose. It has absolutely nothing to do with how you do as a player.

If two players, that are identical in every way in regards to MMR, are on the same team and one goes 10-0-5 and the other goes 0-5-6, they both gain/lose an equal amount of MMR.

MMR being based on personal performance would encourage KS'ing and other bad behaviour and that's something Riot wants to avoid, no matter the cost.
    In this case, the cost is that no matter how well you do, you're depending on your team to help you win, otherwise you won't gain MMR.

- - - Updated - - -

You were NEVER going to go up. I really don't know why people thought they would.
    Because a lot of people actually did/do go up?
    Last edited by Riboe; 2014-01-25 at 05:55 PM.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    You gain MMR when you win, you lose MMR when you lose. It has absolutely nothing to do with how you do as a player.

If two players, that are identical in every way in regards to MMR, are on the same team and one goes 10-0-5 and the other goes 0-5-6, they both gain/lose an equal amount of MMR.

MMR being based on personal performance would encourage KS'ing and other bad behaviour and that's something Riot wants to avoid, no matter the cost.
    In this case, the cost is that no matter how well you do, you're depending on your team to help you win, otherwise you won't gain MMR.

- - - Updated - - -

You're not designed to go up. Some people will go up but the vast majority will not.

Your KDA does play a small role in things; if I win all 10 games but went 0-10 in every single game I guarantee you I wouldn't climb up in the rankings at all. KSing shouldn't even be a term people use anymore since it is a team game.

Soft resets are designed to place you directly where you are supposed to be. Some people over achieved last season and got some really good players and got carried; others didn't. This reset ensures that everyone is directly where they belong based on their individual skill and their MMR.

You're not designed to go up. Some people will go up but the vast majority will not.

Your KDA does play a small role in things; if I win all 10 games but went 0-10 in every single game I guarantee you I wouldn't climb up in the rankings at all. KSing shouldn't even be a term people use anymore since it is a team game.

Soft resets are designed to place you directly where you are supposed to be. Some people over achieved last season and got some really good players and got carried; others didn't. This reset ensures that everyone is directly where they belong based on their individual skill and their MMR.
    > It's a team game
    > Individual score is what counts

> Score plays a small role in things
    > Having a bad score means you get no MMR.

Wat. Your logic and what you say is completely flawed in every way.

Individual score has absolutely nothing to do with your MMR. The only time individual score might affect your MMR is when resets like this happens. Riot has stated that the reset formula is more complex, than the one they used last time. "More complex" might mean that one's end of season stats were taken into account, but we don't know for sure.

Other than that, MMR is completely unaffected by your score in any given match.

When Riot performs a soft reset, it allows them to correct for problems such as deflation or inflation due to decay. It's not designed to place you exactly where you're supposed to be. It's designed to get some people closer to where they should be, no matter if that means increasing their MMR or decreasing it.
    It's also designed to make sure that highly ranked players actually deserve to be there. Platinum 1 is the highest you can get placed after your placement matches, meaning there were no Diamonds or Challengers, even though their MMR is far higher than Platinum level.
    If someone got to Diamond in Season 3 and are no longer able to perform at Diamond standards, the reset pulls them down to a more appropriate level.

The reset is very much designed to get some people up and others down. Saying it is designed to not let people go up, is just pure BS. You haven't thought it through and simple logic would tell you that it's designed to make some people go up.
    Last edited by Riboe; 2014-01-25 at 07:00 PM.

alot of people went up because their mmr was wayyy higher than they shouldve been

most diamond players went from plat1-3 and those with shitty dia 5 mmr went down to gold1-plat5
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2014-01-26 at 07:34 AM.
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post

- - - Updated - - -

this is very wrong, how you do DOES affect your MMR.

If MMR didnt change based on performance everyone would gain the exact same LP every win and lose the exact same every game.

You gain more because even if you are losing in plat 5, you as a player are believed to play at a plat 1 level, so the system tries to get your rating to match your mmr.
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2014-01-26 at 07:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Season 3 i was placed in Silver 1 after the 10 matches

7 wins 3 losses

Season 4 i got placed in Bronze 3 after the 10 matches

5 wins 5 losses

Not bad really i just need to work on a few champs to ease my picks a little, mainly junglers and top laners. Oh i can jungle on Xin, Noc and Naut but compared to Vi i suck balls. Same with top lane as i can only really use Panth and Teemo (shush !), need to practice my other champs more i suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    this is very wrong, how you do DOES affect your MMR.

If MMR didnt change based on performance everyone would gain the exact same LP every win and lose the exact same every game.

You gain more because even if you are losing in plat 5, you as a player are believed to play at a plat 1 level, so the system tries to get your rating to match your mmr.
    No.

Let me rephrase that to be more clear: NO.

And once more for positive reinforcement: You are completely, and utterly, wrong.

The only thing that matters is W or L.

The difference you see and are trying to explain is because people go in with a different MMR. You could get completely carried at 0/100/1 and it wouldn't make a lick of difference.

Went from Gold5 to Gold2
    Was expecting to drop down to silver or bronze base on what everyone was telling me. It kinda sucks being in a Division called Akali's Villains