View Poll Results: How many subs will WoW be down to for the next conference call?

Voters
810. This poll is closed
  • Between 6 - 6.5 Million

297 36.67%
  • Between 5.5 - 6 Million

107 13.21%
  • Between 5 - 5.5 Million

165 20.37%
  • Other

241 29.75%
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, we can almost see if you were right all along, or we had 11 pages for nothing

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The conference call for the 4th quarter results is on thursday right?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say also letting the game die off would be a good thing too, because Blizzard would produce another quality MMO that runs on a better graphics engine, and would beautiful imo.

Lets hope its a Diablo MMO
    Yes... Let a multi-million game, with as far as we know 5-7 million players die off, that would indeed be a good thing. Jaylock as always you have no idea, and a Diablo MMO hah... If Diablo 3 taught us anything, it's that the more story they add to Diablo, the worse it gets.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Prediction: WoD will be best expansion, topping the current champion MoP due to massive amounts of content added with each patch and unparalleled visuals and raid mechanics.
    Subs still drop.

At what point do people stop caring, and start realizing that the people who quit didn't actually play the video game anyway.
    That would be the more interesting prediction topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yes... Let a multi-million game, with as far as we know 5-7 million players die off, that would indeed be a good thing. Jaylock as always you have no idea, and a Diablo MMO hah... If Diablo 3 taught us anything, it's that the more story they add to Diablo, the worse it gets.
    If I recall Diablo 3 was the top selling PC game of all time. Broke all sorts of records. After the end of the first year it came out, over 10 million copies were sold. Thats just PC alone. Whether or not you liked the game is irrelevant, or anyone else who plays WoW that didn't like it. It was and is a massive success, and the expansion looks to be awesome as well.

5.7 is a little low but you never know.

This quarter had some notable events to note:

- Hearthstone Open Beta & Pushing marketing
    - Blizzcon 2013/WOD announcement
    - Siege of Orgrimmar still fresh I guess compared to 1 year of SOO.
    - Holidays at the end of December.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think only people that are disgruntled and fed up with Wow would start these kind of threads. Because someone that enjoys the game isn't interested in knowing how many players will be playing in 3 months from now.

But, to keep it somewhat on topic, I predict a massive increase when the expansion hits and a 200k decline at the next conference call.

Edit: hadn't read that post till just now from the OP that he thinks it's better to let Wow die off. So I was right about his motivation to start this. Bit sad really, if you don't like the game, move on.
    Last edited by Raysz; 2014-02-04 at 10:24 PM.

WoD could be BY FAR the best expansion and we will still lose subs. It is just a fact of life that people get bored after playign the same game for 10 years.

As long as there are still 19 other people that want to raid at the level I want to and the keep producing content that allows us to do that then It doesnt bother me.

Deleted
    Who the hell cares. I'm not a Blizzard-Activision shareholder. I've been on and off since WOTLK launch, just started playing MoP. When I get bored, I'll just freeze again until WoD. And many people do just the same thing.

7-7.2M is my guess. It hasn't been that long since the 7.7M report.

But I agree with many here, as long as the few hundreds of people I could need for LFD/LFR and those I raid with keep playing, I don't care how many millions play in China.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    5 m after 10 years looks cool, until you realize they could have had 20 m. Or even just 12 m.
    Huh?

Do you even understand how product life cycle works?

Do you really think that somehow a game that is 10 years old has more paying subs than any other MMO in its prime has ever had?

Anyone who does not think that WoW is in decline is insane.

But just stop with the OMFG I now how to get WoW 20 millions subs just stop.

You DON'T.

A forum poster compared to the business minds behind Blizzard, yeah I guess your going to save the day.

./sigh

This forum makes me so fucking angry with the ignorance and utter bullshit that people post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Huh?

Do you even understand how product life cycle works?

Do you really think that somehow a game that is 10 years old has more paying subs than any other MMO in its prime has ever had?

Anyone who does not think that WoW is in decline is insane.

But just stop with the OMFG I now how to get WoW 20 millions subs just stop.

You DON'T.

A forum poster compared to the business minds behind Blizzard, yeah I guess your going to save the day.

./sigh

This forum makes me so fucking angry with the ignorance and utter bullshit that people post.
    Hey don't worry about those nonsense posts man. Read my quote and you will understand why people vehemently defend WoW like they do. I know its illogical and upsetting, but thats the way it works with some of these people.

To think that WoW won't lose subs its just wishful thinking.. especially seeing how bad Mop was.

Deleted
    Scratched my head - Realized the OP is Jaylock.

Prediction : 50 million subs. Come at me internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eolon View Post
    Who the hell cares. I'm not a Blizzard-Activision shareholder. I've been on and off since WOTLK launch, just started playing MoP. When I get bored, I'll just freeze again until WoD. And many people do just the same thing.
    ATVI will do just fine in 2014.

Actually the total revenue of the group will be up during the year.

Destiny, Hearthstone, CoD and Skylanders as the 4 other huge money makers alongside WoW.

Jaylock lives in the past.

Subscription numbers are almost irrelevant for the complete ATVI group and connected realms populate Azeroth forever.

So Jaylock, why bother ?

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    5 m after 10 years looks cool, until you realize they could have had 20 m. Or even just 12 m.
    WoW had it's peak, and it's called THE peak for a reason because it's a one time thing. It won't rise back to those numbers ever again, no matter how amazing it'll be as a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    And what is your prediction for the Launch of WOD? Mine is 10 million plus, so what the hell does it matter until then?
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    WoW had it's peak, and it's called THE peak for a reason because it's a one time thing. It won't rise back to those numbers ever again, no matter how amazing it'll be as a game.
    Peaking meaning the highest point ever reached - Not highest point that will EVER be reached.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Hey don't worry about those nonsense posts man. Read my quote and you will understand why people vehemently defend WoW like they do. I know its illogical and upsetting, but thats the way it works with some of these people.

To think that WoW won't lose subs its just wishful thinking.. especially seeing how bad Mop was.
    I am guessing you don't see the irony of complaining about nonsense posts?

MoP was (still is for me) amazing, I play to raid its been the best raiding expansion ever (imo) at this point in Cata I was bored out of my skull, I am still enjoying SoO and I am loving putting my monk through the old raids for her cloak.

Anyone who does not think WoW is in decline has no idea how product life cycle works.

People can only play the same game for so long, there is no new blood coming in and people are just getting bored of playing the same game after 10 years.

I really really get so fucking annoyed when people think they know the answers to make a game with 20 million subs.

They don't, if some 13 year old forum poster on MMO-C knows don't you think someone apart from Blizzard would of made a sub based game that had more than 2 million subs after 2 years let alone 10.

./cry @ MMO-C.

Predictions about dropping Subs? Are you guys retards?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    And what is your prediction for the Launch of WOD? Mine is 10 million plus, so what the hell does it matter until then?
    seeing as how you once predicted that Mop would bring subs up to over 20 million, i think i can safely ignore any of your further predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegers View Post
    This might be just with me, but i`ve seen my friendslist and B.net list with alot more activity now than During ToT. And there are alot of returning players i meet in raids. I think the Subs have gone up!
    because your friends list is a given + to subs "No loss to subs this year guys send out the memo this guy has more friends online "...
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM