Thread: WOD - Heirlooms

WOD - Heirlooms

Imo all legendarys should work like a heirloom 1-90, since its so hard to obtain, with exception of cloak. Maybe that one unlocks after WOD launches so it can be sent to other toons.

Direct links to those legendary items:

Legendary cloak
    Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest
    Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros
    Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker
    Warglaive of Azzinoth & Warglaive of Azzinoth
    Shadowmourne
    Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury
    Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings

Discuss, what do you think?

I think it would be awsome to be able to use my Thunderfury 1-90(100)

10+ Year Old Account
    Cood idea, but there is one huge issue:

People taking current expansion legendaries (unless all future work like cloak) for 'future' alts, think back to all previous legendaries "I need glaives to level my rogue in next xpack "
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Make it so they can be used as a basis as a transmog, and that transmogs are account bound as long as you can equip them.

edit. Just seen this

Originally Posted by Dave_Maldo
    is there any chances for adding "White" items become transmogrifiable and even legendaries like illidan's blades?
    Very unlikely for the former; it's how many items they don't want unlocked are locked. Less so for the latter. (Dave_Maldo)
    from that it looks like we will never get to use Legys as a basis for transmogs
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2014-01-28 at 08:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would give people much more reason to farm old content, thus increasing the longevity of the game. I'd definitely be in favor of this, particularly as I've got Sulfaras on my lock (no FoS).

I have one glaive, sulfuras, thunderfury.

I would love em to be heirlooms so i could use em on my toons scaled for that lvl iam.

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    It's a neat idea. I'd support it. Honestly though, legendaries don't need anything else to motivate people to get or wear them. They're fine as they are. For that reason I don't think blizz will be interested in changing them.

Quote Originally Posted by roflicerbob View Post
    It's a neat idea. I'd support it. Honestly though, legendaries don't need anything else to motivate people to get or wear them. They're fine as they are. For that reason I don't think blizz will be interested in changing them.
    Well, when an expansion hits the upto date legendary gets useless and ends up in bank.
    This would very much get them to live again on your toons.
    How awsome wouldnt it be to lvl a rogue and have double warglaives scaled to your lvl, just a little better then current heirlooms or the same.
    That look would get you motivated to level your characters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharped View Post
    Well, when an expansion hits the upto date legendary gets useless and ends up in bank.
    This would very much get them to live again on your toons.
    How awsome wouldnt it be to lvl a rogue and have double warglaives scaled to your lvl, just a little better then current heirlooms or the same.
    That look would get you motivated to level your characters.
    agreed. I would farm black temple till i got them and then i'd make a rogue

This ^^

Deleted
    To stop people from needing on a legendary for an alt a simple way to avoid this is to not make the legendary an heirloom till after the next expansion has hit. Then they convert the drop to a heirloom but leave the legendaries that dropped before the expansion as they were. Up the spawn rate on the new heirloom and if someone wants it they can farm the old content for it.

Yes please I have Thunderfury, Shadowmourne, Glaives, Thoridal and Sulfuras in the bank just laying around wish I could reuse them if only it was for Transmog.

Only fun time to use them it on the PTR with scaled iLVL

It'd be nice for them to scale downwards but not remain useful as raid gear in expansions past their release I suppose

Deleted
    even more love to those twinkle special snowflakes? no thanks.