Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well if you don't you could always shut up about them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valerossi View Post
    Helms.
    You're welcome.
    Most of them show at least some of the face you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    My armour is quite revealing. No big pieces redoing the shape of my char. And no, it's not a female D or NE or BE or.... It's a male troll. More skin for that tribal feel!

Deleted
    Because the new models and their new smooth animations and the new NPCs all over the world will revitalize the whole game. You'll see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gps View Post
    Ah, the RP community. I guess I'd want to look good naked too while I cyber
    Isn't there any vanilla player to answer to this guy? Imagine playing a game for 7-8 years on the same character(s). Im sure you would have a different opinion.

Well, we know that...

1. Blizzard isn't promising the models will be ready for the release.

2. The expansion isn't required to see the new models.

I think it's a nice polish. I don't view it as a selling point for the expansion. Also, after about a month, people will be bored of them and will then complain about end game content.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    It's not just models, it's animations too.
    Um, those are fine. Kinda hard for those to be old.

I see what the op is saying, but maybe now with new models they wont cover us all up and show some skin.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I much rather see them revamping all armor pieces and weapons with more polygons and updated models.... I kinda agree that updating the actual model is useless.. We gonna have nice 3D models but we wont notice as they're dressed up in Lego.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Again, look at the front page, they BARELY look different. It's a waste of time at the expense of real content. It's not worth it. It's cataclysm all over again.
    If that model looked too dramatically different, that'd cause a shit fit from the player base. They are UPDATING what exists. In other words, they are trying to keep players from looking at their toons and going, "This is NOT what I rolled!" I'm sure you just randomize and go. Believe it or not, some players become attached to those toons they took the time to customize.

Me? I'm prone to taking screenshot equivilents of "Kodak moments". I have my lock looking her serpent hatchling in the face for the first time. I have a lovely picture of that same lock watching the sun set in Nagrand, by a lake. I chose my transmog based around showing as much of my lock as possible without resorting to the mageweave look.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Callmedeath View Post
    Isn't there any vanilla player to answer to this guy? Imagine playing a game for 7-8 years on the same character(s). Im sure you would have a different opinion.
    Well, I've been here since BC, so I can at least say I'll be happy to be away with the weird square eyelids and that horrendous, perpetually lost look on the female human face. I don't roll certain races because I think the faces are awful (and others because of lore), and I can't wait to see what these updated looks do for the models. Another example, I hate the blocky feet because some of the boots I find have exposed toes.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread should probably just be locked.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    I much rather see them revamping all armor pieces and weapons with more polygons and updated models.... I kinda agree that updating the actual model is useless.. We gonna have nice 3D models but we wont notice as they're dressed up in Lego.
    I wholeheartedly agree with the idea that we might end up with nice models with terrible gear (or transmog sets that don't translate well in the update, since I currently use the Shadow Council set on my lock, which came from BC content).

I think most people are b.c. its shiny, and then there is the new animations (which is the only reason i'm looking forward to them)... Then of course there are the RPers and movie makers. To me they are a let down due to the lack of body sliders for customization.
    Last edited by cuafpr; 2014-01-24 at 07:58 AM.

It'll probably lead into the armor looking better/it will look smoother or something. I dunno graphicsy things and what not.

10+ Year Old Account
    While you may not care, I care ALOT! Since I spend majority of the time looking at my character.
    I'm pumped for WOD and can't wait to see my undead character updated, because blizzard did an amazing job!
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

I don't care about new models either way, but I seem to be in the minority. Old ones are fine, new ones are fine, it really doesn't matter to me at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gps View Post
    I dont get why people are going crazy over the new models. We put armor over our characters and zoom all the way out. Its not like you'll prob notice any difference.
    All this time and you still didn't realize that when you put an armor on you are largely just putting a new skin over the character model? You are not alone in this, since many repeat this argument. Large parts of your "armor" are just a new texture applied to your old 3d body...

Deleted
    New models in nothing developers can brag about in a game that has 12 mil players and monthly subscriptions that bring in a ton of cash.

Different taste

Deleted
    I see a lot of people saying that the new models might come at the cost of "actual content".
    Even if this would be true (which it probably isn't), in my opinion, it still would be perfectly fine.

PvEers etc. should and will get their content. But Blizzard shouldn't only cater to those people, but also to RPers etc. for which good looking models ARE very important.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln
    lol so if u will be silent nobody will know for sure that u are a fool or not

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is 'we'?

Many players have wished for updated models, to make the game more pleasing on the eye.

Some people do more in the game than playing arena/raiding heroic content...

After all, is this game not an RPG?