Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Why do vegetarians want to murder innocent plants?
    As often as this is put forward, you'd think it'd have even a modicum of rational thought behind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

I'd never become a vegetarion, I kinda think it's an unhealthy lifestyle aswell... I know a vegetarian couple, both of them are skinny as fuck. Not that being fat is okay, but they're a bit too skinny for me to find normal. I'm not overweight, but I don't look like I'll fly away with the wind either. The funny thing is, they have a kid and have opted to make meals with meat in it for the kid once it grows old enough to consume it, because they know the kid needs protein. Yet they preach their "meat is murder" BS on posters and stickers etc. :X

I agree with vegetarians to some extent, when people are wasteful with food it really feels like the animals died for nothing. Animals have eaten other animals since the moment they came into existence however, don't see why some people feel like it has to change all of a sudden. Don't see why some pople wanna force their beliefs on others at all. >.>

I was vegetarian as a teenager but I never preached to anyone and I always cooked at home so I cooked meat as well. My boyfriend (now husband) also ate meat. I didn't care what other people did because I knew I couldn't change them. I hate when people preach at me, so I am not going to preach at them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    I just don't understand people who brag about eating meat or make jokes about vegetarianism, is systematic torture of billions of farm animals something to joke about?
    Maybe not.

But they do taste delicious in the end.
    Putin khuliyo

I used to think that the vegetarians were the preachy ones, but now I see a lot more of meat eaters hating on their lifestyle, and I think they should be given a little more slack. But this is the internet I need my meat every day, and I have never met a vegetarian that complains about that.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I used to think that the vegetarians were the preachy ones, but now I see a lot more of meat eaters hating on their lifestyle, and I think they should be given a little more slack. But this is the internet
    It isn't any different in "Real Life". As a vegetarian and especially vegan, you are way more often confronted with preachy naggers that want to convince you to eat meat than vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I used to think that the vegetarians were the preachy ones, but now I see a lot more of meat eaters hating on their lifestyle, and I think they should be given a little more slack. But this is the internet I need my meat every day, and I have never met a vegetarian that complains about that.
    It's basically preemptive defensiveness. No, it's not rational, but not too long ago, there really was a lot of hate-speach from the vegan corner... And people who ate meat got defensive, because nobody likes to be called a monster.

Fast forward a bit, and people who eat meat get defensive even if no offense is given.

Deleted
    Im a vegetarian but don't preach it. Well, unless it's someone I care about and they have really terrible and unhealthy eating habits but even then I just advice them to eat healthier. I do think eating meat is wrong though because Im against animal cruelty and slaughtering animals but preaching it to people is pointless. I probably don't care about their causes either, be it starving Africans or war in Egypt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    because they're delicious.
    Also plants don't have brains so they can't "want" to live. They can't know fear, discomfort. Eating plants is more like eating snow crystals. Besides, if you eat fruit, berries etc., you don't even have to kill the plants. I'm fine with eating eggs too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lead a strict vegetarian diet, but I can't say I really preach it much at all since I follow it for mostly religious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Also plants don't have brains so they can't "want" to live. They can't know fear, discomfort. Eating plants is more like eating snow crystals. Besides, if you eat fruit, berries etc., you don't even have to kill the plants. I'm fine with eating eggs too.
    http://io9.com/5623112/the-smell-of-...-distress-call

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Nope, in order for me to eat for reasonable amounts of money animals have to die. There's nothing more to it. Not only are vegetables more expensive, but if everyone went vegetarian the prices would be ridiculous.
    What kind of strange vegetables are you buying that are more expensive than meat?

Just in case you meant that seriously, plants don't have the capacity to be consciously cognizant of it. It's an unfavorable state for them, so they adapted by developing a mechanism to alert organisms near them of the fact. It doesn't equate to 'knowing' fear. Someone in a coma will also have their pupils dilate in response to dim light, but that doesn't mean they actually feel anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Just in case you meant that seriously, plants don't have the capacity to be consciously cognizant of it. It's an unfavorable state for them, so they adapted by developing a mechanism to alert organisms near them of the fact. It doesn't equate to 'knowing' fear. Someone in a coma will also have their pupils dilate in response to dim light, but that doesn't mean they actually feel anything.
    It shows that some plants (grass, at least) can respond to distress. It's not the same thing as a "snowflake."

Deleted
    They can react to stimuli. They still don't have a brain so killing a plant is like destroying a snowflake. Being afraid and feeling pain means one has to be self aware first.. which simply isn't true in plants case.

No, because I eat delicious meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    They can react to stimuli. They still don't have a brain so killing a plant is like destroying a snowflake. Being afraid and feeling pain means one has to be self aware first.. which simply isn't true in plants case.
    I never suggested they have a brain. A snowflake is a substance, it's not alive. Grass is alive, and responds to distress. There is a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never seen a veggie preacher... I see less PSA on eating veggies, than commercials to eat meat... Where's the beef?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I never suggested they have a brain. A snowflake is a substance, it's not alive. Grass is alive, and responds to distress. There is a difference.
    The smell of freshly cut grass is great... Their screams remind me of summer...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    The smell of freshly cut grass is great... Their screams remind me of summer...
    I have a freshly cut grass shave soap that I enjoy in the winter months. The smell of their screams brings me joy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I have a freshly cut grass shave soap that I enjoy in the winter months. The smell of their screams brings me joy.
    Ode to Irish Spring; your ethnic authenticity reminds me to wear 'kiss me I'm Irish' button on st. patties...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi