Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Wrath Era - Hunter pet care question

So... I met a player recently and we got to chatting about fun memories of ICC raiding.

He claims that his pet ate his bow b/c he didn't feed it. To be fair, I've never levelled a
    hunter so I've no clue if this is fact but my limited knowledge of the class always was that
    if you didn't feed your pet(back in the day) he would run away from you, not eat your gear.
    Can any of you amazing hunters who played during that time confirm or deny this?

Thanks ahead for the help and I hope this brings a giggle to y'all.

Cant remember bows being on the pet diet list.

dude was lyin
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    So... I met a player recently and we got to chatting about fun memories of ICC raiding.

He claims that his pet ate his bow b/c he didn't feed it. To be fair, I've never levelled a
    hunter so I've no clue if this is fact but my limited knowledge of the class always was that
    if you didn't feed your pet(back in the day) he would run away from you, not eat your gear.
    Can any of you amazing hunters who played during that time confirm or deny this?

wow that was some BS...

Worst thing would be the pet leaving you and loosing the 125% buff to pet damage. bollocks all else really.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

10+ Year Old Account
    They never ate gear, sadly. Also, I think the "running away" was removed in 3.0.2.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    They never ate gear, sadly. Also, I think the "running away" was removed in 3.0.2.
    I kinda knew they'd removed it, but was never sure when. I remember horror stories of hunters having pets run away
    but no doubt it would've been back in vanilla/bc times. When he told me about the gear being eaten I had a feeling it was bollocks.

Y'all are awesome for the help, thanks again.

Only nefarian ate bows. Lots of them .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Only nefarian ate bows. Lots of them .
    LOL yes, now that I knew about for sure. Damn bastard!
    I guess when you're that big of a dragon you can't be picky about what
    you eat. Especially when 40 people are there to interrupt your lunch.

Wauw, and you believed that story? =D

I remember back in TBC, if your pet wasn't lvl 70, it could not enter raids with you O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    I did mentioned in my first post that I've never leveled a hunter so my knowledge is quite
    limited and when I searched Google for an answer I could find nothing so I came here. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    My very first pet, a crab, ran away in classic WoW because I didn't know you had to feed it often.

- - - Updated - - -

I did mentioned in my first post that I've never leveled a hunter so my knowledge is quite
    limited and when I searched Google for an answer I could find nothing so I came here. =)
    I don't blame you for wondering, hehe. After all sharks eat license plates and other weird things!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    My very first pet, a crab, ran away in classic WoW because I didn't know you had to feed it often.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't blame you for wondering, hehe. After all sharks eat license plates and other weird things!
    My very first pet also ran away (lucky it was during beta and not release) because for some reason you got Tame Pet before you got Feed Pet, mostly because you had to run a mile to Darnassus as Night Elf after you gotten Tame Pet to get your Feed/Mend Pet.

Deleted
    yeah worst case they use to run away, then it just became a buff that fluctuate 25% over and under 100% so it became nothing more than carry food or your damage went down, until they made a glyph/tallent where the pet got happiness from attacking and it just became a pointless mechanic so they got rid of it like most of the mechanics that made hunters unique.

Deleted
    You people are talking about Loyalty, not Happiness.
    Happiness determinated how much pet does damage (125% / 100% / 75 %).
    Loyalty determinated will pet stay with master, will it leave him/her, or will pet attack his own master (but no bows were ever touched - not sure for beaver diets though :P).

I would've been downright horrified if my pets had eaten my bow )8> I had the bone bow from Lady Deathwhisper! I swear I saw my wolf eyeing it one day.

Haha, but, nah, they'd just lose damage and get pissy at you if you had PetEmote. I don't miss feeding 'em though. I have too much in my bags as it is. x:

Bow story is BS. But I think some of the things they removed from Hunter pets could be brought back.

I was glad when they simplified things, and some of them I don't ever want to see back, as pet specs attached to species.

But others as the need to feed them, heal them to not make them unhappy up to the point they flee... Have to level a recently captured pet. All of those things were annoying stuff of more complicated time.

Hunters don't have to replenish ammo anymore, the talents are not a tree, but an easy to manage table, our main and secondary stats are way more organized than it used to be (OMG we had MANA as resource). I think there is room to bring Pet care back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post

I remember back in TBC, if your pet wasn't lvl 70, it could not enter raids with you O.o
    lovin this totally made up "fact" , now if you mean a raid group didnt allow you in then yes, if you meant the game somehow would prevent a sub max level pet from entering a raid instance then you are way off base here kiddo.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamgee76 View Post
    lovin this totally made up "fact" , now if you mean a raid group didnt allow you in then yes, if you meant the game somehow would prevent a sub max level pet from entering a raid instance then you are way off base here kiddo.
    Right. Worst you'd get would be the questions about why your damage was crap, then your sheepish answer because your pet was missing almost every attack.

Pets were never able to eat bows; however some hunters may remember playing marksmanship towards the end of wrath and the mastery they had just added (Wild Quiver) literally eating away at the durability of the weapon so quickly that your weapon would randomly break during trash; or mid fight.

if you never feed your pet he would remain next to you, he would do less damage, that was the penalty, nothing else.

im 100% sure volley would eat dura per target hit, saying volley would hit 100 times in 1 channel, is the same as shooting 100 times. dont remember about ammo being dumped like that but i was always sure to have at least 3000+ rounds with me at all times.
    Last edited by Perrito; 2014-01-26 at 09:03 PM.