10+ Year Old Account

Fel Energy , Shadow Energy , Fire Energy?!

Can the Fel/Fire/Shadow Energies be used to heal/shield in WoW?! I need it for something. The Ember Tap is capable to restore HP . Also when you sacrifice your demon this allows you to be shielded for 200% of the amount sacrificed?! What about Fel Energy ?! When Ember Tap becomes green warlocks use its Fel Version. What about Shadow Energy ?! Is Vampiric Aura a Shadow Spell ?! Or Fel Spell ?! I need answers please !!
    My youtube Channel : Arberian021
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good, iirc, don't quote me on it

Red dragon breath heals, but it's not without drawbacks. See Bolvar Fordragon, who can't die now but is also permanently on fire. There are also several mobs with Shadow Mend spells. Dunno about fel magic though. It probably had something to do with Kael'thas coming back from his setback, but he looked downright unhealthy with that huge green crystal sticking out of his chest.

10+ Year Old Account
    who can't die now but is also permanently on fire.
    I never understood why he was given Jack Harkness powers but none of the other soldiers were 0o

10+ Year Old Account
    So tecnically every class who uses Shadow/Fire/Fel Energy can heal ?! Or not?!
    Last edited by Arberian; 2014-01-25 at 05:20 PM.
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good, iirc, don't quote me on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I never understood why he was given Jack Harkness powers but none of the other soldiers were 0o
    Or rather, why didn't Saurfang Jr. get the power of red dragon fire?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it had something to do with the Light and the Red Dragonfire?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    I think Alextrasza did that to him on purpose.

Don't remember the exact quotes, but after the wrathgate happens, she and Krasus lands. He asks her something along the lines of 'do they (the player) know?' SHe responds in draconic something along the lines of "No, they must not yet." Not an exact quote but it indicated there was something going on there we weren't privy too. Maybe it was just how bolvar and saurfangs bodies were gone, but IMO that and her talking about how our fates are all emblazoned on our souls at birth seemed to indicate to me that she did it on purpose so that he would be there to become the new lich king.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire magic is less of a heal and more a purging of impurities/infections, examples being Mage's Cauterize and the Imp's Singe Magic. It can't be used as a true heal.

Shadow magic is the antithesis of the Light, but it can still heal. Shadow healing has two forms, the most common being life-stealing (Vampiric Embrace, Devouring Plague, etc). Priests can also use it for more direct healing, which (to my knowledge) is a sort of mental manipulation, shutting down the ability to feel the pain. Warlocks and Death Knights (whose shadow magic is a slightly different form than Priests) do not have this ability.

Fel magic can't heal, even Fel-infused things like Ember Tap are still Fire or Shadow based magic.

As for Bolvar, I think it probably has to do with his immense strength of will and character that caused the dragon's fire to keep him permanently animated. Saurfang Jr.'s soul had already been stolen by the Lich King, so he was already nothing but a husk by the time the dragons arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan View Post
    Fire magic is less of a heal and more a purging of impurities/infections, examples being Mage's Cauterize and the Imp's Singe Magic. It can't be used as a true heal.

Shadow magic is the antithesis of the Light, but it can still heal. Shadow healing has two forms, the most common being life-stealing (Vampiric Embrace, Devouring Plague, etc). Priests can also use it for more direct healing, which (to my knowledge) is a sort of mental manipulation, shutting down the ability to feel the pain. Warlocks and Death Knights (whose shadow magic is a slightly different form than Priests) do not have this ability.

Fel magic can't heal, even Fel-infused things like Ember Tap are still Fire or Shadow based magic.

As for Bolvar, I think it probably has to do with his immense strength of will and character that caused the dragon's fire to keep him permanently animated. Saurfang Jr.'s soul had already been stolen by the Lich King, so he was already nothing but a husk by the time the dragons arrived.
    Deathknight's Death Pact is a Shadow Heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebsmash View Post
    Deathknight's Death Pact is a Shadow Heal.
    So is shadow priests halo AFAIK, and I guess also death coil if used to heal
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

The only reason shadow heals anyway is game mechanics see dark mending, also saurfang jr did get dragon flamed because the lich king had taken his soul already.

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan View Post

Red dragons could breathing life giving flame so it's not about Bolvar's will power.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should have worded better, Warlocks and Death Knights can use the shadow to heal through the life-stealing aspect, which is what Death Pact is. Death Coil is only an actual heal if used on an undead creature, which I interpret as an extra infusion of the shadow magic animating it, not really healing, used on a player it's only an absorb. Halo is one of the few weird ones that when used as a Shadow priest seems to combine Light and Shadow, at least that's how I view it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Red dragons could breathing life giving flame so it's not about Bolvar's will power.
    Yes, but the rest of the soldiers burned by the fire didn't revive, so there must have been something specific about Bolvar himself that caused him to survive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause Bolvar was affected by the Plague then that Living Fire must of I guess backfired the Plague but still damaged him. He's in the middle of Life and Death but still considered Undead(I suppose). That and he got tortured by the Lich King so much
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I'm thinking you could probably use any type of magic, to get any type of effect; but the further the effect is from the essence of that magic, the harder it will be to accomplish, and the greater the drawbacks of the effect.

With ressurection and raising the undead being a similar effect with two different magics, I think we have a pretty good outline of what the negative effects of using non-sympathetic magics would be. If you raised someone with elemental magic, they'd probably be bound to the land where they were raised and be subject to the will of powerful elementals. If you healed someone with felenergy, they'd probably be at risk of fel-addiction and the healing would only be temporary.

That sort of thing. Completely outside of canon though.

Deleted
    Saurfang's soul was already stolen, that much is made explicit in the cinematic. There's a blue ghosty shine going from his chest into Frostmourne when he dies, whereas Bolvar was taken by the plague.

They're still a bit fuzzy on why no one else woke up though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Warlocks use fel magic, not fire. It's only fire as a game mechanic as there is no "fel" damage in game. Soul Stone restores life and that is a fel based spell. Kael'thas was brought back to life by a fel crystal stuck in his chest after his defeat at TK. Fel magic an be used to accomplish almost anything,but it has serious drawbacks such as demonic corruption.
    So , Demon Hunters, Death Knights and Warlocks are capable to use Shadow/Fel/Fire Energy to heal !!
    Demon Hunter Class Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Arberian View Post
    So , Demon Hunters, Death Knights and Warlocks are capable to use Shadow/Fel/Fire Energy to heal !!
    I'm not so sure. I can't think of any instance where Fel was used for healing directly. warlocks have soulstones and healthstone, but if we look back, they originally required soul shards. The soul shard it's self could be responsible for the actual healing. I'm not sure the example with Kael'thas counts either. Sure, it was keeping him alive, but does that automatically imply that Fel can heal? I guess it just depends on how you want to look at it.

Deleted
    Because the lich king had already taken his soul