Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    This is a deeply egoist point of view.
    Hey, thats how the world works. If you don't take care of you, no one will. Everyone operates on self-interest, they may not admit it but they do.

Because shockingly enough, the world does not revolve around you. If what you want makes a crappy experience for 95% of people, then we have a problem. And if you don't realize that, we have a double problem.
    I don't actually expect blizzard to do what I want. I fully realize they will do whats best for the company (corporate self interest). I want the game to be something I enjoy, why is that such a shocker. Why would I ever activly pursue changes that will ruin a game for me? It makes no fucking sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    We don't have a problem. We can just ignore him, since his statements don't matter to anyone but himself. In particular, Blizzard doesn't have any reason to listen to him, as his arguments are not relevant to their concerns.
    But yours do not matter either. Blizzard will do what is in their best interest (see a trend there) regardless anying any of us say. They work off real data not of random people in forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    They work off real data not of random people in forums.
    Yeah. And imagine that - they make decisions based on it. So basically, you just happen to run contrary to real data
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    But yours do not matter either. Blizzard will do what is in their best interest (see a trend there) regardless anying any of us say. They work off real data not of random people in forums.
    My arguments may be incorrect, but they aren't a priori irrelevant, since they are addressing an issue that Blizzard does care about. So at least they offer the possibility of a relevant insight that they hadn't considered.

Your arguments? Irrelevant by design.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

1. Increasing level cap each x-pac, focusing content on end-game
    2. Flying mounts
    3. 10/25 man raids sharing a lock-out
    4. Blowing the best story lines from warcraft 3 on the first 2 x-pacs
    5. Not balancing damage classes around single target dps

Yeah. And imagine that - they make decisions based on it. So basically, you just happen to run contrary to real data
    And I know that. I am fully aware that what is best for me is not best for wow. I realize they will do whats best for them. Imagine that, they are doing what is in their personal (corporate) best interest.

Lets say you got hired at a job and you loved it but over the years the company changed to the point where you loathed being there. Are you telling me that you would really wish the company the best even if it was the epitome of what you hate?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    My arguments may be incorrect, but they aren't a priori irrelevant, since they are addressing an issue that Blizzard does care about. So at least they offer the possibility of a relevant insight that they hadn't considered.

Your arguments? Irrelevant by design.
    They may be irrelevant to blizzard, but they do seem to keep making things that raiders like me like.... so maybe not totally irrelevant. I can have some comfort knowing that alot of the devs enjoy things similar to me. All you have is the bean counters, which will eventually win out, but I would hate to be on the side of the fucking accountants.

Also my arguments are not irrelevent to the people who enjoy what I enjoy. We may not be a large percentage but there are a fair number of us and somehow we keep getting at least some of what we want.

1. Mount/pet store. I want to earn cool things in the game, not with my wallet.
    2. Removal of talent trees. I enjoyed the "+3% crit" talents. Nowadays the stretch between, say, 30 and 45 feels long and barren.
    3. 10-man "main tier" raiding. Kara and ZA were a blast, but in a "we don't have enough for a full raid tonight, let's go overpower some shit" kind of way. I liked the model of 1 "serious" raid, and 1 "fun" raid. In MoP, your "fun" raids are either old content that you just spent 8 months farming or the same content you're currently farming in flex format.
    4. Introduction of 3+ different difficulties. I much prefer the Wrath model of a casual difficulty and a hardcore difficulty. LFR feels like a grind and flex feels like a numbers game.
    5. Overly complex encounters. When encounters last 25 minutes, have 7 phases, and the guides need 3,000 words to explain the fight, something's wrong. It's possible to make a fight difficult without making it so complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Blizzard store, because I don't like that people can buy additional stuff in a game I already pay for, why should their money allow them to get new shiny mounts, we used to be equal now the rich man 'wins' like in rl
    Actually, only thing you paying is access to WoW servers. Even with regulary paying the game, Blizzard can shut down your account if they want w/o notice and explanation. Its their game and they make the rules. We may not like it, but thats how it is.

About store - yes, we were all equal before, but like in real life, communism just can not last for long. It is not in human nature to share. Communism looks great on paper, but just doesnt fit humans from stone age till this day. I lived in "communist" country for 20 years, but belive me, there was nothing communistic about it. Some people were always more equal then others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bejii View Post
    1. Mount/pet store. I want to earn cool things in the game, not with my wallet.
    You already doing this every month if you want to log in.
    With store, you at least have a choice, pay or not pay.

1. Pet battles. Pets were meant to be just for vanity, no need to complicate stuff further with them.
    2. Some people said Pandaria, and I'll go with Cataclysm. Seems like a filler to just revamp some zones.
    3.Removal of the talent trees, I understand that by level 90 they would've been HUGE, but hey, more choices for us. (They should spread to the sides too, for maybe cross-talents?)
    4. Some instances shouldn't be soloable. That would keep some things rare as they should be. (Damn Ashes of A'lar everywhere now)
    5. Heroic/LFR/Normal difficulty. Normal 10/25 Ulduar with every fight either normal or hardmode is the best. You can choose what you want each fight to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    You already doing this every month if you want to log in.
    With store, you at least have a choice, pay or not pay.
    You have the same choice with the subscription.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    6- This one i had to talk about it, It is Boring to level, questing is to linear, if you are like me, than the first thing you think about when a new expansion comes out is " Oh boy i have to do this boring time consuming stuff to get to the good stuff aka questing" and be like "how can i cheese this super fast?" than you hate how linear quest are.
    Before CATA i could just ok i am 23 i can take down does 27 level mobs so it is faster to level up because they give you more exp, or be like this quest is boring let me go to the next hub in this area or be like hum.. i am 40 i can enter BRD and have a friend boost me up to level 55 in no time or ok i am 60 i can easily just to the level 63 zone and do the quest there they give more exp and the mobs give me more exp as well, i used to jump zones do some quest in this place than do those in that place, ok come back to the preview's zone and do the last hub (and skipping the boring middle ones)

But today you cant either you go to a difference zone or fuck it you have to complete of this quest first before you can go to the other hub.

5- Lack of Raid quest to unlock additional bosses/ attunements/ guild having to work it out to craft someone some expensive resist set they could kill a boss/ Raids too small.

4-PVP gear, it sucks for doing dailys back in TBC it was almost as good as the PVE stuff, also resilience reduced the damage you took from mobs (crits) but know, PVE is superior in damage and survival so it is way faster to just do your quest in PVE gear, so it sucks when you are questing and you get jumped by someone in his PVP gear because it is hard to fight back in PVE gear. OK maybe not now with base resilience, now it sucks more because the gap is bigger so if you are questing with your BIS pvp gear and some random FLEX guy shows up he may actually kill you, i mean if both same skilled the guy with the pvp gear should win. And how it was back in TBC and early WOTLK if it were more appealing to were pvp gear during dailys it would lead to more interesting world pvp.

I don't think world was ruin because of FM, it kind of was but for me i think that PVP gear not being more interesting to wear outside of BG and arenas killed it because you are less likely to gank and be ganked :X

3- Easy 5man, challenge modes are a joke it is a race against the clock, I have run ZA too many times during TBC and CATA for now go to some 5man and do challenge modes, why not just make the 5man harder? Pre nerfed CATA 5 mans were a joke, you could actually pull all packs without CC with quest green and blues as long has you stick to the kill other and use offensive and difference CDs.
    But i am maybe not the best person to talk about it, I only run the pre nerf 5man during the first week (and 2nd week with 1 or 2 guilds but at the 2nd week i was already pre raid BIS so i over gear the place), in that first week i run 5man with pug groups because who else is max level at that time? Almost all of them did that same i did we bought gear from vendors to get the item level, now as a paladin i could buy since i can use cloth, leather, mail and plate i would buy what i was missing to get the max item level and queue for dungeons and tanked that place with greens and some blues, same with the rest of the dpsers and the healer.
    OFC we wiped on bosses, That Wind guy in that dungeon in Uldum was a pain in the ass if we had crappy dps or healer, and some more bosses every now and then, aside from public believe i found Stonecore to the the easiest one, almost all fights were about dodging stuff instead of finding the right time to use cds.
    I wish we had more harder 5man and bigger ones, the Black rock Dungeons in classic were awesome.

2- The justice farm system.
    I would rather spam and Heroic once a day and see if i get lucky than running it 20 times in a row on the same day till the item drops + I don't like how you gain Valor from it you should only get that in raids or either make the Valor rewards cost gold and be linked to raid rep, as for justice points itself it is retarded why not just do like in TBC? Each set of Dungeons was linked to a rep and at each rep points you could buy some pieces for gold.

1- LFR (i would prefer only difficult game mode like it was in Classic and TBC)
    Last edited by mmocce676f6b0f; 2014-01-28 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Sort of, but I think it's the worst way to keep them relevant. I mean each tier should become irrelevant eventually, I'm just not sure it should be as suddenly and completely as the current raid model (legendaries not withstanding) makes it. Essentially there should always be some sense of progression through the expansion's content, even if you're late to the party.
    Actually we were doing a weekly Terrace of Endless Springs run even after the release of Throne of Thunders, during the time when Horridon was a wall for our progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Whereas by focusing on the negatives you can root out problems and discuss possible solutions to further improve the game, instead of having a happy-time circle jerk.
    I would like to disagree (Though I am posting somethings I don't like right now as well.) I would like to ask whats the point of focusing on the Negatives, you get the same thing as you said. 200 Copy+paste answers of "I hate this, it sucks" and end up with a cry-fest circle jerk. You can discuss possible solutions until the cows come home, doesn't make anyone right because its your opinions on what sucks. Blizzard will not cater to nor listen to your perceived problems because they disagree that it is the problem and will continue on with what they desire because at the end of the day it is their game to do with as they see fit.

On-topic: This is really just a list of things that annoy me currently.

1. CRZ - When I joined, I picked the server I wanted to play on. Being forced into a zone with trolls and elitist jerks from other servers makes me hate leveling now.

2. Forced PVP - I know some people are going to ask WTF, but having played since Classic I KNOW how a PVE server works. I chose to play on a PVE server for that very reason and I dislike the notion that a guard in some little hub out in the middle of nowhere can hit me and flag me for PVP. The only way I should flag is if I am dumb enough to A. Attack said guard myself or B. Run into a major city. That is it. I don't give a rats ass about "world pvp" that should be a thing that just happens, not something that is forced down our throats. Save that shit for a PVP server.

3. Linear Questing - I don't need someone leading me around a zone to quest. I think people are smart enough to find new hubs on their own we don't need assistance in moving from place to place. Besides it prevents us from skipping those most hated quests.

4. Listening to the 1% - This one speaks for its self and needs to explanation.

5. PVP Gear - I actually enjoyed PVP back in classic when it was all just normal PVE gear. Yeah sure I got murdered by raiders in purples but I was having fun doing it.

6. Over rewarding Raiders - I know raiders and those who sympathies for them will avidly disagree but I see no need to keep adding rewards for a group of people who never appreciates what they have. They are given a new reward, and instead of being happy with what they get, shout and cry about what others have. They get a mount, and bitch it’s not as good as what is on the store. They get a new tier of armor, and cry it’s not better than the LFR because it looks the same. They get Mounts, Titles, Achievements, Gear and want more. The more they get, the more they want and never happy with what they have. They want to be the center of attention, to stand out (don’t tell me this is not true, I see it posted EVERY time a topic comes up that they don’t stand out from those who are beneath them.) and rage when they don’t get it. For a group of people who supposal loves to raid because it’s the content they enjoy, it seems more and more that they only raid to flaunt their achievements and rewards only … which blizzard keeps encouraging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

3. Each tier immediately invalidating the previous tier
    You know, you have a point. It would be interesting if Blizzard added an optional boss to the last patch's raid when releasing a new raid tier...BiS trinkets, weapons etc, that couldn't be replaced with the addition of a new tier, drops 1-2 item(s) per lockout.

For example:

WoD patch 6.1: raid offers epic upgrades from blue dungeon gear for belt/neck/feet items, players can collect a blue-quality dungeon tier set for their class/spec from completing heroic dungeons. End boss drops a bis shield/offhand/etc.

WoD patch 6.2: raid from patch 6.1 gets a new optional boss patched in that offers bis trinkets. New raid offers epic-quality tier items. End boss rewards a chance for a rare mount/pet.

WoD patch 6.3: raid from patch 6.2 gets second slot bis trinket from an optional boss patched in. New raid offers bis weapons from end boss.

All epic items the same ilvl throughout the xpac.

That way, they keep old content relevant, and it takes an entire expansion to get full epic/bis...and there's no ilvl bloat throughout an xpac.

Idk, just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    LFR
    Normal/heroic modes
    Homogenization
    Removal of attunements
    Phased questing. I HATES IT, I don't want to have to do an entire zones worth of quests to get a rep faction or to even be able to access a certain zone!!!
    Removal of class quests at most levels (10 for pets and abilities for specs, 60 for epics, 80 legendaries etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post

2. Forced PVP - I know some people are going to ask WTF, but having played since Classic I KNOW how a PVE server works. I chose to play on a PVE server for that very reason and I dislike the notion that a guard in some little hub out in the middle of nowhere can hit me and flag me for PVP. The only way I should flag is if I am dumb enough to A. Attack said guard myself or B. Run into a major city. That is it. I don't give a rats ass about "world pvp" that should be a thing that just happens, not something that is forced down our throats. Save that shit for a PVP server.
    No one is forcing you to go galavanting into an enemy town. Getting flagged for 5 min is your punishment for going where you don't belong.

Quote Originally Posted by explosion987 View Post
    So theramore was an alliance win was it
    Nevermind all of cataclysm. Loosing Gilneas, Loosing hillsbrad, Southshore destroyed and it's citizens cobbled into undead monstrosities, and that's excluding the design bias in Gobs vs Worgen...

And all the horde kept sayin "but...but...CAMP TURAJO!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    You're being silly.
    Nope, merely adapting to the level of the quote I was replying to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Nevermind all of cataclysm. Loosing Gilneas, Loosing hillsbrad, Southshore destroyed and it's citizens cobbled into undead monstrosities, and that's excluding the design bias in Gobs vs Worgen...
    What design bias?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

1. Homogenization

2. LFR

3. LFD

4. Nerfs to PvE content that is not broken

5. Total loss of the "massive multiplayer online role-playing game" feeling

10+ Year Old Account
    1. CRZ. I understand the intent, and while a great idea on paper, not so much in practice. All though, it does result in hilarious dismount deaths while flying a friend across a zone-change line.
    2. Promising Alliance fist-pump moment. Maybe they didn't blatantly promise one, but come-on. If you lead people on, don't be mad when they bitch, piss, and moan twice as much as they normally do. I'm not really a believer in the whole bias thing, as there's plenty of good story on both sides to enjoy, if, you know, you actually take the time to enjoy them.
    3. PvE vs PvP skill balance. I liked my shaman just fine for dragon slaying. I may or may not cry when I think about my old totems. R.I.P., Tremor Totem.
    The disparity between the two systems is great enough that it warrants unique skill design between the two. It's not a crime to have mutually exclusive abilities.
    4. Making Taran-Zhu a zombie. I know it's a bit extreme to put this on a worst 5 decisions EVAR list, but aside from just being angry all the time, the guy was terribly wounded on the Isle of Thunder, terribly wounded by Gary a few months later and left to die in the chamber where the Sha of Pride is found. Shrugs it off. No big deal. Panda Zombie conspiracy.
    5. No chat gem. I think this one speaks for itself.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I've always been big on PvP and PvE... they were the 2 biggest aspects of the game and have been in there since the get go.
    Oh boy... Someone seems to not know that PvP basically didn't exist at the start of the game. Remember Southshore vs Tarren Mill? Battlegrounds and general organized PvP didn't really exist quite a bit into the game's timeline.

I haven't really played WoW since the end of Cataclysm but I can still give you my thoughts:

First off, LFG and LFR. THE worst ideas Blizzard ever had. LFG being worse than LFR. It basically made the entire game "press a button to queue and win prizes". Plus, it very much promotes selfish behavior, no interest in being actually good, no interest in people around you etc... Really a horrible tool that did too much damage to the community.

Second, I'd say guild levels shit. There were/are too many guilds around. Can you name 10 guilds from your server?

And finally, homogenization of classes. Yes, I've always wanted a slow and an interrupt on my Paladin. And guess what, now that I have them, all other classes have even more CC than they used to. Apart from that, it doesn't really feel like there's a difference between classes. It's just become "smash some buttons, do dps, win loot".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post

So... Your logic is that, if you were a US soldier and you walked right past, I don't know, Bin Laden's guards, for example, they shouldn't "tag you for PvP"?
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!