Thread: Disc CM stats

Disc CM stats

ok, so recently some friends and I have started a CM carry group on our server and I was wondering how people optimize their gear for damage

I know to go for int and crit first and I want spirit to at least 2k more than my haste for safety, because our tank isn't very good at letting combat break for a second so I can start drinking before he moves on
    mastery isn't really needed, spirit shell and shield are strong enough as is

I want to be able to hold a safe enough amount of mana that I can pop an int pot if I want to rather than a mana pot

so basically, how do you guys think/know from experience I should handle the whole crit/haste dmg build approach

I still have a ton of mastery and spirit and am able to pull 50k, as I haven't gone gear hunting yet, and we don't wipe, but I want to be able to do my job with more leeway, and it sometimes annoys me as our tank is a dumbass

I'll post what my stats look like in Proving grounds later
    also for the most part, I've been swapping between regen trinkets, PPP, alchemist stone, the 489 int/crit trinket (frozen blossom) depending on the dungeon

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the change to Rapture, you should innately have a lot more regen than most disc priests did when CMs were new. You probably don't need so much spirit. I did mine with crit + crit/spirit gems.

Deleted
    This has been covered multiple times, use google next time.

Spirit is useless, as are regen trinkets.

Crit/Haste/Int for more DPS.

Alchemist stone is pretty good, but perhaps a DMF caster trinket would benefit you more (I think a lot of discs run DMF Yu'lon and Vision of the Predator).

Deleted
    Tell your tank to chill? You dont need to drop combat (spectral guise will do it for you) so it's only a matter of making sure the tank survives until youre back. Spectral guise + amber for 2-3 seconds will give you a shittonne of mana while feathers let you be a few seconds ahead to allow you to drink without the tank dying.

As others have said, int>crit, and the predator trinket is supposedly extremely good

Deleted
    For Gold runs, no specific gear required. Everything is easymode.
    For Speedruns/World record Runs, Go Haste/Crit and time your shells / Tank / grp cds for your amber phases and just do deeps otherwise.