Poll: Yes/No, choose whichever applies.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering they put artists like Katty Perry up on the stage, no, no I don't. Still need to watch the 2014 Grammys. I rarely watch them though.
    -K

I never watch them, and am disgusted by the "red carpet" parades going on in these events... the E channel makes me sick... fashion and dresses... and actos and actersses trying to looks their best while talking about crap with tabloids... yuck...

I am happy though, moderatly when an actor / director / movie / soundtrack I appreciated and loved, gets some credit / exposure via these awards.

10+ Year Old Account
    18 and nope.

15+ Year Old Account
    24-30 and I don't care about any of these shows.

The only ones I care about are...
    - Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (AIAS)
    - Independent Games Festival (IGF)
    - Game Developer's Choice Awards (GDCA)
    All of which are administered by the industry, for the industry.
    Last edited by Anshinritsumai; 2014-01-29 at 01:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I care enough to check if anyone I like won anything afterwards, but I don't care enough to actually watch the award show.

dont give a #$^ about it

Deleted
    Rule of thumb - If anyone tries to tell you that you are a minority when it comes to subjective taste without giving context or backing it up, they're arguing emotionally, not rationally.

Meaning they're dead wrong. 99% of the time. And being silly at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I refuse to watch them. They turned political many years ago and in addition they dont even give the awards to those that deserve them, especially movie awards. They always award crappy artsy movies instead of good ones. Movie of the year should be the movie that made the most money since that means the most people payed to see it multiple times. Not some crappy indie film about gay marriage or bullying

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I refuse to watch them. They turned political many years ago and in addition they dont even give the awards to those that deserve them, especially movie awards. They always award crappy artsy movies instead of good ones. Movie of the year should be the movie that made the most money since that means the most people payed to see it multiple times. Not some crappy indie film about gay marriage or bullying
    So the award for best picture for 2004 would be Shrek 2...or 2007 was Spiderman 3...
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-01-29 at 01:20 AM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    So the award for best picture for 2004 would be Shrek 2...or 2007 was Spiderman 3...
    Thats exactly right

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    That's opinion. That's you. On the other hand, we have professionals of the industry.
    what...? those 'professionals' are merely giving their opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

ad populum doesn't make a movie good. sorry, but box office numbers don't indicate the quality of a movie.

Deleted
    23 here and no I don't give a fuck. Multi-millionaires giving over multi-millionaires golden statues to tell eachover how good they are. Behave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    what...? those 'professionals' are merely giving their opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

ad populum doesn't make a movie good. sorry, but box office numbers don't indicate the quality of a movie.
    IF a movie was actually good and awardworthy, then people would watch it and it would be popular. People dont watch shitty movies

Deleted
    I always watch The Oscar show. I won't go around and mope if someone wins over a favourite. It does not matter to me. I just like to watch it

glorified self pats on the back. though the only awards show I out right hate is the Grammy's, it's never about who released the best music it's about who made the most bucks for the record companies.

Deleted
    I am actually shocked reading how many negative comments there is about them being "multi millionaires giving other multi millionaires a pat on the back" etc..
    So what? They are most likely working harder than the average poster. I can understand if people does not want to look because of the type of artists/movies/shows getting the awards. But bashing on them for wanting to reward eachother is just plain wrong in my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I am actually shocked reading how many negative comments there is about them being "multi millionaires giving other multi millionaires a pat on the back" etc..
    So what? They are most likely working harder than the average poster. I can understand if people does not want to look because of the type of artists/movies/shows getting the awards. But bashing on them for wanting to reward eachother is just plain wrong in my eyes.
    Im sorry, but there is nothing hard about acting

Deleted
    Im sorry, but there is nothing hard about acting
    Why arent you making millions from it then?

I watch the academy and golden globes. I don't give 2 shits about the music awards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't care about the awards and such, I just like to watch the performances which i generally do a couple days after when they're uploaded onto youtube.