Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did the questline when it was current on my main and on my favourite alt (my alt actually had the epic cloak BEFORE my main due to RNG being funny *not laughing!*)

I'm currently doing the questline on my warlock alt. The worst part were the 3 weeks of valor because it is just such an uninspired quest step.

The rest got soooooo much easier. I only took 3 weeks to finish the secrets (8-4-8), and after a mere 2 weeks, I'm at 11/12 runestones.

It is pure luxury when you're doing that questline today and get to finish it so quickly. Seriously. It's not even remotely as frustrating as it used to be.

(Funny thing is that I barely play any of my alts outside of the questline-pursuit... A quest like that is a reason to even play that max level alt, I guess O_o
    I'm too busy achievement-hunting on my main, I suppose?)

10+ Year Old Account
    There's barely any difference between grinding content u have on farm over and over to get the shards / or get a rare drop or investing a similar amount of time grinding through drops and quest criteria. Previous legendaries at least had the heroic requirement attached with some, that i will give you, but the time investment and grind was very similar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherHansen View Post
    Except in BC you simply ran your friend through raid or dungeon X ONCE and they were good to go. Now you get to grind some stupid quest for 2+ months.
    No you didnt you had to gruind reps in dungeons to be allowed to buy a key to enter the hc one.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    My alts can't even get into raiding guilds because they don't have it.
    im not sure what kind of raid guilds you're trying to get into on your alts that require a cloak, but ive never heard of one. especially one that accepts alts.

maybe the cloak isnt the issue?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Exactly. They should rename "legendary" to "well deserved" or something. It's just a grind. It has its place, mind you, it's good we have something to grind for. But "legendary"? It's not legendary.
    Oh right and the difference to the other legendaries is? right there is NONE! except a WHOLE GUILD had to grind for ONE GUY who then goes for a better guild....

Quote Originally Posted by Praymore View Post
    dinged 2days ago atm siting 9power 8wisdom o.0 prolly tomorrow will get 10/10, the rep farm is what i hate, just dpsing mobs in vale is soo boooring!
    the worst part is the two friging pvp quests.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    There's no other way to do it really. If they made it any quicker, it wouldn't be a legendary quest. If they just gave it to your alts after getting the first one, then it would cheapen it.
    There's another alternative: not include any legendary items whatsoever. I really don't see that such things have a positive effect on the game.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

My 553 rogue is already doing 270k+ single target without a cloak, however he'd never get invited to any weaker guild run(8/14hm) even though I already have 13/14hm achievements, fair enough the cloak proc is very useful for half of the lootbags.

If I had a cloak I'd be doing nearly 310k and would easily get a spot.

lol gj blizz, AFKing lfr = skill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Please, this legendary is a cakewalk, how much easier does this shit have to get before the whiners shut up?
    This post isn't about how easy or hard it is, it's about the length and the fact it's pretty much mandatory to have to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    This post isn't about how easy or hard it is, it's about the length and the fact it's pretty much mandatory to have to compete.

well all the cry babies who do not have a legendary............how many months into the expansion............... should rejoice. no helm metas or cloak procs for WOD.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    good? you shouldn't be expected to get the legendary that is the best cloak in the game so far (for DPS at least, idk for other roles) in a couple of days. it is meant to take a long time, and you shouldn't get it quickly. how long did it take to get all the requirements for shadowmourne again?

Quote Originally Posted by suitepee7 View Post
    good? you shouldn't be expected to get the legendary that is the best cloak in the game so far (for DPS at least, idk for other roles) in a couple of days. it is meant to take a long time, and you shouldn't get it quickly. how long did it take to get all the requirements for shadowmourne again?
    Yes, I agree we shouldn't expect to get it. Even better, we shouldn't be able to get it, since that quest chain shouldn't be in the game at all.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    MSV Queue assuming a dps lets say 30 minutes because it is a tuesday; for 2 wings that is one hour lets say you get average groups no wipes but not an insanely fast clear that is 2 hours for those, Heart of Fear 45 minute queue each wing and lets say an hour and a half to clear both again assuming a group that probably wipes twice (at this point you are having good luck) okay now ToES one of the easiest lets say 30 minute queue and 30 minute clear Probably sitting about half way with your sigils now, ToT it is with it's monstrous trash 30 minute queues for each 4 wings and lets say you got really lucky and barely any problems so 30 minute clears for each wing sitting at 10 hours now,

*snipping all the talk about a lot of queue time*
    The only LFR part that I'm waiting for 20-30 minutes to pop on my quest-completing warlock alt is the first one. I queue for 4 LFR parts simultaneously. By the time that I finish the first part, the next invite pops instantly, and so on and so on.

Cut the queue times from your list. It goes way faster than that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavv View Post
    Why are you caring about the Legendary at this point in the game?

If you want alts, level alts, It doesn't matter about the Cloak, within the next 6 months it is going to become useless and you will end up bagging it / deleting it.

Do things that are going to benefit you in the long term: Having the alts you want already leveled and geared up to level once again in the new expansion.

Welfare legendries for the win.
    but isnt that the same every peice of gear u get anyways?

u will end up bagging or deleting any piece u get several months after u get piece of gear

what u dont get? me and many many more players will not level a new alt this days because of the legendary, period.
    thats not good, an its a fact
    legendary were hard to get in the past but only 1 guy got them, raids were never tuned to everyone having it, no one was excluded or weaker cause they didnt have it.
    go do SoO with 10 players not having the cloak, our alt run that i loved fell apart.
    if i start a new char today and level it really really fast i still gonna have to wait 3 month to be competatvie, or be at the buttom
    no raid in the past was ever designed about people have a legendary, this 1 is.

but the biggest problem as i stated at the start is that i dont wanna level a new char to play in content, current content.....no one does and its cause of legendary
    they shouldn't give it to everyone. i raided DS on my warrior had no legendary and it was no problem. but now i cant
    it was a mistake, big time mistake

Quote Originally Posted by eadan4111 View Post
    so i log on an alt...see that sigil quest.../sigh and go back on main
    The sigil quest took me less than a day to do on the hunter I recently levelled. I did it by queueing every LFR possible on a Saturday. Much better than trying to LFR on a Monday night. The only thing that sucks is the three weeks of valor capping and the PvP that comes after. I'll see how it goes.

legendary quest:
    1. sigil - 1 week
    2. valor - 3 weeks
    3. secrets - 2 weeks (if u do all and u are lucky)
    4. runes - 2 weeks
    Having done this recently, I'd say that the secrets and runes vary greatly. I would expect three weeks for each of those. I've had weeks where I get twelve secrets and weeks where I get three. Same with the runes. I got six of them the first week and three the second. I was convinced I would get the last ones on the third but lo and behold I got just the two that were guaranteed. To add insult to that injury the very first boss on the fourth week dropped the last one even though I had queued for an instance that would have guaranteed a drop on the last boss anyway. RNG can suck, but that's why the cape is "legendary." I agree, however, that the ease with which it's acquired and the fact that i's about 30 ilevels higher than typical heroic gear makes it mandatory. It's about a 5 ilevel boost each time I get one. I have it on two characters so far and am working on another. Can't bear to work more than one at a time up because it's so freaking time consuming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    This is what happens with welfare legendaries.
    I wouldn't call it welfare. Welfare implies that Blizzard just mails it to you because you're ungeared. It is, in fact, a very long grind and actually requires players to do some non-trivial solo content. You're not going to AFK your way to this cape.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Deleted
    Here is the best legendary template what I saw on the internet: not only for the WoW (druid, dk tanks etc.)
    Picture

There is another picture what shows how to upgrade the legendary weapons with shards (shards come from hc raids, rare drop 2% from first half of the raid) max 3 shards used on one legendary: 2 shards give 1-1 plus gem slot, 1 shards give side effect on the character (transform at proc etc.)
    FUN fact: legendary items here are not only for one character. these are account-bounds, and after the exp. we can give these for alts to level like in wow herliooms until we reach the same level where we got those (stats will be decreased by levels).
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2014-01-28 at 07:26 PM.

This legendary is definitely being seen differently than past legendaries as in its expected for normal modes. Maybe because none of the steps require a group to do them, it's completely soloable (with queueing).

Deleted
    it a 15% boost, yes it is realistic
    No it's not.
    There's capes dropping in SoO just for this case. Killing the bosses on hc mode are entierly possible on a group composed inbetween 560-570ilvl.
    This was long before any nerfs where planned for SoO heroics as well.. Go figure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Exactly. They should rename "legendary" to "well deserved" or something. It's just a grind. It has its place, mind you, it's good we have something to grind for. But "legendary"? It's not legendary.
    And change the color to pink so that everyone knows it isn't in fact anything legendary, just something that had to put in the game so that the tears would stop flowing from those who weren't able to get one through more legendary-appropriate grinds.

On the original topic of needing one of these cloaks to be competitive, I can see where the OP is coming from. As someone just getting back into WoW since Wrath, I can see how this cloak can pose some challenges to getting back into raiding. I can see all of the middle of the road guilds that are still progressing not taking me seriously because of my lack of a cloak.

From past experiences, the majority of the WoW community would rather look at my gear and ilvl than my experiences and abilities as a raider and this makes me stand out in a bad way as opposed to before, when it was limited to few people, you stood out in a good way.
    Last edited by Swampmoose; 2014-01-28 at 08:30 PM.