Deleted

No new Battlegrounds?

So basically all we seem to get when it comes to new PvP content is the rather dubious world PvP battleground of which I'm nor very sure if I'll like it seeing how Tol Barad and Winterspring weren't exactly the best of ideas once implimented in game.

This means there'll basically no new battlegrounds, they don't plan on another PvP mount after the undead horse, they plan to butcher arenas with their trial of the gladiator crap. Why exactly would anyone who likes PvP look forward to that expansion? Seems like there's NOTHING whatsoever good coming.

Ashran is an always on battleground, similar to the old AV. Not a timed thing like WG and TB. Seems like a much better option than the old world zones. Plus, it will br crossrealm so there will always be someone to kill. But, what do I know?

10+ Year Old Account
    how many times can you rehash the same battleground? changing the layout of one battle ground 2,3,4 times doesnt make it better. fix the version that doesnt work. its better than complicating the problem by just rehashing it.

i agree there is a BG style.. such as deathmatch.. that could be more fun then adding yet another version of capture the flag.

and since the new pvp zone hasnt been shown off formally how can you think you wont like it? do you think there isnt time to add to it so that it is rewarding or fun?
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-01-28 at 02:31 AM.

there might be a new battleground or 2. its still too early to tell i guess.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard did say something about a new bg on their release website but nothing since then. Whenever someone brings it up they ignore it.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/warlords-of-draenor/
    Last edited by apepi; 2014-01-28 at 12:51 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

TB sucked and was a poor design for a pvp encounter. WG was actually quite good at its core, however server imbalance made it god awful. They have the tech to solve the former problem, only time will tell if they still have the talent to solve the latter.

I have high hopes.

10+ Year Old Account
    there isnt much left they can do really without it being just a variant of what we already have. the only thing left really is just straight deathmatch but they would have to do something different to make that work in WoW i think. otherwise it would just be a complete zergfest. there would be nothing to gain from going off alone and everyone would just run around in a murder ball.

they COULD try something like what SWTOR did with huttball but that would feel odd as well imo.honestly i wish they would fix strand. on paper that idea is awesome but its executed terribly.

Just because they haven't announced any new BG's doesn't mean that we won't be getting any new BG's. We'll probably get another Warsong Gultch and Arathi Basin clone like always, plus a few more interesting gimmicky BG's. Maybe we'll see that MOBA themed BG some time in WoD.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    So basically all we seem to get when it comes to new PvP content is the rather dubious world PvP battleground of which I'm nor very sure if I'll like it seeing how Tol Barad and Winterspring weren't exactly the best of ideas once implimented in game.

This means there'll basically no new battlegrounds, they don't plan on another PvP mount after the undead horse, they plan to butcher arenas with their trial of the gladiator crap. Why exactly would anyone who likes PvP look forward to that expansion? Seems like there's NOTHING whatsoever good coming.
    grasp its wintergrasp

I love pvp and it's the majority of what I do in WoW, but the 2 bg's they released with MoP were just beyond trash. I truly loathed the Temple bg, and played around 40 or so games and never won a match (alliance of course) and gladly gave up and never played it again. So I have really no confidence at this point, after MoP bg's and Twin Peaks and Battle for Gilneas that they could produce any kind of good bg again, especially one that isn't just some rehashing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    I love pvp and it's the majority of what I do in WoW, but the 2 bg's they released with MoP were just beyond trash. I truly loathed the Temple bg, and played around 40 or so games and never won a match (alliance of course) and gladly gave up and never played it again. So I have really no confidence at this point, after MoP bg's and Twin Peaks and Battle for Gilneas that they could produce any kind of good bg again, especially one that isn't just some rehashing.
    Twin Peaks and Battle of Gilneas are the best bgs, if you don't like them well wtf do you like ?
    Twin Peaks and Battle of Gilneas are the perfect version of Warsong Gulch and Arathi, they're made so you're forced into PvP battles and never have nothing to do contrary to arathi which has too much bases, leading to "dead times" where you're just wandering between bases.
    My best guess is that you're not really a PvP player but one of thoses "objective whores" that goes on battleground to click a flag or play a siege machine with no more than one touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Twin Peaks and Battle of Gilneas are the best bgs, if you don't like them well wtf do you like ?
    I agree completely. I am less big on Temple of Kotmogu, Silvershard Mines and Deepwind Gorge, which came with MoP, but Twin Peaks and Battle of Gilneas, which came with Cata, are superb.

Deleted
    would be fun for them to add a baserace style bg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post

Rogues would win 100% of the time

they are winning anyway

but srsly it's just a more complicated variation of CTF so it wouldnt be that easy for rogues. and you could be able to build slowering or stealth detection towers or something to balance it.

Deleted
    I think we have more than enough BG's as it is. Adding more would only increase queue times.

Would like it if they gave the classics, like WSG and AB a new theme (new skin.overlay/theme)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I think we have more than enough BG's as it is. Adding more would only increase queue times.

Would like it if they gave the classics, like WSG and AB a new theme (new skin.overlay/theme)
    Not really. It more likely increase the que times. More bgs that you can not blacklist.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose