Deleted

Partner for Ret in 2s and 3s (season 15)

Hey all,
    Right now we're running Ret/UH in 2s and Ret/UH/disc in 3s. We're not having much luck this season as compared to previous ones. Basically one good cc chain on our healer and they blow up the Ret. I play the UH atm, but could switch to frost/fire mage, hunter or rogue. I'm significantly less skilled on those than the dk, but I could learn. Which of these would best compliment the ret/disc? How should we play to our strengths?

Deleted
    Both your 2s and 3s comps should work fine mate.
    Its definitely not the best comp out there atm, but its viable.
    Im not talking about 2.4+ viable maybe, but at lower mmr it should still pwn.

Let your priest play very aggressive and get those fears out on cooldown,
    he can afford to do that because the ret can offheal/support alot for him
    as long as he has sac(s) up (to dispel him) and bops/freedoms/heals.
    Those fears combined with hoj's and strang's should provide you guys with enough
    cc to score kills, specially since dk dmg is really high and ret burst is still very strong.

Deleted
    Please don't bother with those comps. Ret/hunter/rsham is literally the only thing you can play this season (as ret), even trading for a holy priest is a terrible idea.

Depends what your objective is, I suppose. You can probably hit 2k as UH/Ret/Healer, but you'll have trouble pushing much past that. DK damage is nuts now, I'd probably just put the DK on a target, then have the Ret attack something else, then once something gets low pop CDs and combine on the target. The Ret should focus on surviving/CCing the healer with your Priest, while the DK solo's someone to about 50% with some Necro stacks, then have the Ret freedom himself and run over and blow up the target, should work most of the time to a relatively high rating.

But if you're trying to push Glad, Ret/Hunter/RSham or Ret/Hunter/HPriest are your two best bets, Rets just aren't all that strong in arenas right now, and I'd be surprised if there are more than 10 that get Glad this season.

Deleted
    Thanks for the tips guys. We're not skilled enough for glad, and would rather sit at 1900 and have fun than switch to specs that they don't like. They really like playing ret and disc respectively, I'm the one that doesn't mind so much. I like the idea of getting them to focus on the healer while I go on one of the dps. We'll give that a shot and I'll get back to you.

You'll definitely have a lot more fun sitting at 1900 doing what you enjoy. Hell, honestly 1900 is almost more fun than 2300+ regardless because it's significantly less stressful when you aren't pushing rating for something in particular.

Also, Holy is significantly better than Disc. I know you said he likes Disc, but the reason I mention it is because Holy is absurdly fun, so if he hasn't tried it I recommend giving it a shot. I played Disc on my Priest all through Cata, swapped to Holy for this patch and I truly hope they never make Disc better again, Holy with the Chakra management is soooo much more fun, on top of being a much better spec. If he's tried it and doesn't like it then obviously he can stay Disc and things will be fine up to like 2k no problem, but if he hasn't tried it then it's worth giving it a shot since he might like it more. I certainly do.