Page 1 of 2
LastLast

advanced enhance rotation

So up at 577 ilvl, mastery stacked, using EM + PE.

Are you guys using EM on CD or holding it for Ascendance? -

Deleted
    I'd like to alternate abit at times, sometimes i do wait for Ascendance to come off CD ( got HC WF AOC ) sometimes i dont, it also depends abit on the fight stages + length.

But i'm interested to know what other Shamans do , i am 575 myself.

I'm sorry, I just have to ask. How is this "advanced"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Elite players with high item levels have a secret rotation and stat priority that must be distinguished from the more common beginner and intermediate players.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

I usually hold it off for AoC proc and Ascendance.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    I'm sorry, I just have to ask. How is this "advanced"?
    Beginner blows his load at the first chance he gets.

Advanced knows when to let it loose?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsinn View Post
    Elite players with high item levels have a secret rotation and stat priority that must be distinguished from the more common beginner and intermediate players.
    You just contradicted your own signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    I usually hold it off for AoC proc and Ascendance.

This pretty much
    Occasionally i'll get tells asking "Why does your windlash so so much damage" which is generally from EM

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

Relatedly, I was actually wondering how the AoC trinket should affect my CD usage, along with talent choices. From what I understand, it's PE with FE glyph, then FE/Asc/EM on pull - then I should just hold off on Asc until each EM? How does FE fit in after the initial pull? Lastly - even when both Asc and EM are up, should I wait for the AoC proc before using them? I assume some of this is "feel" based, but I'd like to know the best scenario. Thanks in advance.

I was playing around with using EM on Cd rather than holding it for aoc and ascendance - to see if it were an increase. If you hold for ascendance then u are losing 30 sec on each cd, so you could get an extra usage from it at the 6 minute mark of a fight. Your AoC is 115 sec icd and mine procs almost right as it comes off CD and should line up with at least 1 stormblast from ascendance. You would also likely never match these up perfectly after your opener since you will lose 3-6 seconds just from your opening rotation from globals and AoC will end up procing much before and not line up with ascendance after the second proc. Just wonder if the extra cd use from EM is going to outweigh the damage buff you get from wind lash. You could also use it on opener, then if you hold it for ascendance, the third use would be lined up perfect for fire ele. Adversely you could glyph FE and use em with him, only lose a couple secs every time but i dont see anyone glyphing FE since it is a dps loss and this likely does not outweigh the buff it would gain from the EM. I don't know about you guys but my opener is this:

Pre pot
    fire ele
    unleash wep + flame shock while getting to the boss
    EM
    stormstrike
    ascendance
    stormblast
    lava lash
    earth shock

Burst to 1.5mil dps for 15 -30 sec
    Last edited by Mightyzoltin; 2014-03-15 at 05:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post

I have this problem in areas other than Warcraft.

EM goes with Fire Elemental Totem, not Ascendance. Although, upon simming it, it's closer than I would've expected.

In my gear, with EM+PE and no Glyph of Fire Elemental Totem:

EM+Ascendance: 407,310 dps.
    EM+Fire Elemental Totem (SimC default): 408,887 dps.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Virtually always holding EM to line it up with Assurance and Ascendance is worth it, and often the second time it will line up mid fire elemental and clip the beginning of ascendance if you hold it to sync with Dextrous.

Using it on cooldown is largely pointless, as the primary gain is to enhance the other cooldowns you're using, if none are up, it becomes a weak talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    You just contradicted your own signature.
    He was being sarcastic I think :P

| Signature by: Elyssia | Shaman | Priest |Druid |

Mine seems to allow me to asc + em then em on CD then asc + em again when it pops up...only missing maybe 5-6 seconds of off time

Granted I'm only 567

I know I can use in on Garrosh pull, again before the 1st Intermission then I can blow EM + Asc + That healing CD I can't remember during the smash part of the intermission

Deleted
    EM+Ascendance? Lmao, yeah 'advanced'.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post

Thats not advanced that being a good player.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this just a a look at my GS post?

Deleted
    i dont see why you woudl use EM + PE if you're stacking mastery considering you have the tier 16 p2

Quote Originally Posted by bravobravo View Post
    i dont see why you woudl use EM + PE if you're stacking mastery considering you have the tier 16 p2
    Assurance of Consequence, fights usually have more use out of having dps at certain points rather than consistent dps, even if the consistent dps is 1k higher (although I believe EM + PE is highest in most outcomes anyway?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by bravobravo View Post
    Because PE/EM deals significantly higher damage than the other two in top end gear if you understand the basics of timing cooldowns to maximize them due to Assurance affecting it so much more than the other two specs. There is virtually zero evidence to indicate that any other talent combination deals as much damage on average in any fight, because MoP fight design has devolved into blowing everything at pull and riding the wave of 1-2mil burst.