Deleted

A different question about Russians: Why are they so darn effective in BG's ?

I dont mind the whole "unreadable name" issue and discussion, I wonder about something different entirely: how come they are so effective and dominate almost every BG match?

Some people say they "cheat and hack" but I dont think this is true. I havent seen this happening in any BG, only once in the Arena (instant teleporting and a mage with holy spells)
    They do however seem to display a VERY agressive approach to pvp and are VERY effective in teamplay.

I really think they are putting "us" in our place here. They make our groups look lazy, unmotivated and above all uneffective as pvp'ers.

Now I would like to ask you what you think gives them an edge over the EU-English realms?

Deleted
    If were talking about normal bg's, they tend to premade like rbgs in normals for some odd reason.

As for rbg's, I dont think they are much better.

I think people become automatically scared because of "they are russians". If you change their names to something normal you prolly wouldnt even notice a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to be banned from battlegrounds with the EU realms, it's absolutely ridiculous how every third match is a russian premade which draws out the games for a huge amount of time, a 5 min AV became 35 minutes the other day because the russians started defending.

They premake near enough every BG I come across them in and wreck the non premade other faction.

Now I would like to ask you what you think gives them an edge over the EU-English realms?
    Thing is. 99.9% of Russians are HK farmers. meaning they are allready fully pvp geared. while "EU" is going bgs to gear up. now. a team with 40 fully pvp geared players vs 20 pvp geared, 10 bots and 10 in green gear who only wants to win quick. who do you think most likely will be the winner?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    I don't get scared of the Russians its just gotten to the point I'm so fed up with sitting on their heads and getting out of range message ..or having them group up in a pile to hk farm all I do now if I enter a bg with Russians in is just leave ..eat the debuff and play a diff toon for 15 mins..far less frustrating

I think what gives them the edge as it were is the massive latency issues that makes 60% of our attacks miss

Quote Originally Posted by paralyze View Post
    I think what gives them the edge as it were is the massive latency issues that makes 60% of our attacks miss
    Actually we've the same issue. My lattency for example is about 40-50ms and facing europe players i sometimes see them teleporting around or getting out of range message even though i'm standing right on top of them. Problably it depends on BG server placement since sometimes game runs smoothly and sometimes not. Also i'm playing BGs only to get gear and tbh since merge with europe my winrate tripled, lost only a few games even thought i queue solo.

If you're getting pissed about AV or IoC farm fests then it's understandable, ppls indeed are forming premades to get 100K HK achievement. I always straight afked of such BGs but tbh Blizz are the once to blame for promoting HK farm with completly unneeded achievement.

P.S. Stay strong folks. Sadly but as new season will kick in you'll see tons of russians premades farming honor for new toons <3

Quote Originally Posted by paralyze View Post
    I noticed this with a russian arena team I faced last night. The guy almost got a ressurect off because I couldn't fucking interrupt him until the very last second. Shenanigans such as running through capacitor as the stun went down and not getting stunned... in general just impossible to hit most of the game despite both his partners being dead.

If that rez had gone off I probably would've been raging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    we russians zadrot a lot

play wow 8h+ per day (not counting afk time)
    read guides all over even if we know it all in our heads
    we use teamplay, playing alone is booring, we always premade and are social ppl, like if i join guild i chat so much... its mmo

practics, guides and alot of free time.

ofc i dont do it myself anymore ^^

ty.

Russians are cheaters, don't you know? We all cheat since birth and until death, in school, work, with torrents, in MMOs etc.

Cheating/hacking isnt effective.

They premade in regular BG's. If you see the enemy team being 100% russian names it isn't just a odd coincidence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Praymore View Post
    we russians zadrot a lot

we use teamplay, playing alone is booring, we always premade and are social ppl, like if i join guild i chat so much... its mmo

ty.
    um this sounds like how we (non Russian) players used to play a long time ago ? And now people are moaning about players playing together in an MMO with good effect? omg you can't win hehe..

@ Praymore

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    it's absolutely ridiculous how every third match is a russian premade which draws out the games for a huge amount of time, a 5 min AV became 35 minutes the other day because the russians started defending.
    "And then the Russians started defending", I must say I giggled.

Deleted
    They indeed seem more keen on farming HK's and only move around in groups in every BG.

It's gotten to the point that people afk at a graveyard when they see Russian names

Quote Originally Posted by Praymore View Post
    we russians zadrot a lot

ty.
    Haha, not entirely true, but to the extent that it is it could be the answer: they are playing a massively-multiplayer game as it is meant to be played, as a community. And then you have most of the rest of the players just grinding gear playing solo, not seeking to have any fun... then wondering why the game sucks.

Stop trying to gather stuff all the time and try to have some fun every now and then. Goodness, I never thought I would see someone complain that Alterac Valley took more than 5 minutes to complete. This is what you seek out of battlegrounds, 5 minute-long matches? From Alterac Valley? Whatever happened to the epic fights of the past? Let me guess, they don't give as many points. Sometimes I think the players in this game get pretty much what they deserve; and some routine-based endless grind for shinies is the case here; not because that is how the game plays, but because that is how it is played. The gear grinds in the past were far more time-consuming, but most people (there were almost always some botters of course) didn't mind them because it was just the excuse to, you know, play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Reminds me of the good old days of Molten Core (for all ya guys from good ol' Nightfall Battlegroup!)