Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    One thing I love about raiding in Everquest is they remove some of the RNG monster when it comes to loot. Raids drop currency similar to Valor Points. Once you have cleared a tier a vendor is unlocked which sells every single raid drop from that tier. You then use the currency you gained from beating bosses to buy items you really want but just have horrible luck. Why wouldnt this work in WoW? It doesnt reward people wanting free loot because you still have to clear the raids once to unlock them. If you arent doing the raids then you dont need the gear anyways. Also this way like I said you dont have to go weeks or even months hoping an item drops you really want. Once you have enough currency earned from raiding you can just buy it. Everybody is happy.
    Yeah, if Blizzard wants to lose 4-5 million subscribers... Then it wont even be gear from vendor, instead they would have to move it to store cause if they drop to 2.5mil, wtf will they do. They're already greedy selling everything they can on store, with 2.5 they'd sell content, gear, currency, gold, and legendary items, yes probably a full legendary gear set.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    There was such a thing back in Cataclysm, where you could buy gear from vendor using vp.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Actually... No. RNG is the point the thing that makes me go "Fuck this, I give in and unsubscribe".

I'm a goal-oriented person. I like to know that I can accomplish task X by doing thing Y in Z elapsed time. I'm always willing to put in the man-hours to do something, but I want to do it under my terms.
    Then quit and don't come back, I won't miss you I for one welcome the RNG loot that we have now, If warforged wasn't a thing I would have been BiS 2 months ago and would have little reason to continue raiding outside of waiting to get my Heroic Garrosh mount.

OT: No, putting every piece on a vendor completely removes the exictement of loot drops, the first thing people would buy is weapons/trinkets, and then those exciting drops become shards for the Gbank. I love the item upgrade system for valor, it is a great way to give heroic raiders a reason to want valor aside from selling boe's and such, I do believe they should have kept valor gear in the game as well, but then you get the problem with raidfinder/flex gear being less important than getting valor gear for the normal mode ilvl vendor stuff.

I think maybe tying valor gear to clearing say the first 4 bosses in a tier would be interesting, that way when you clear the first 4 you can buy some valor gear to help out a bit, but the gear should not be the same as what drops in the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Disagree. All raid drops should be in the cash shop.

Letting vendors give away gear is basically giving stuff away for free and dumbing down the game. Putting them into the shop would ensure that only the people are awarded that really mean it and are serious about their game and are ready to invest value and effort into it. Just like in real life.
    I agree. Heroic thunderforged should be available for cash and boss drops should be of lower item level.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    One thing I love about raiding in Everquest is they remove some of the RNG monster when it comes to loot. Raids drop currency similar to Valor Points. Once you have cleared a tier a vendor is unlocked which sells every single raid drop from that tier. You then use the currency you gained from beating bosses to buy items you really want but just have horrible luck. Why wouldnt this work in WoW? It doesnt reward people wanting free loot because you still have to clear the raids once to unlock them. If you arent doing the raids then you dont need the gear anyways. Also this way like I said you dont have to go weeks or even months hoping an item drops you really want. Once you have enough currency earned from raiding you can just buy it. Everybody is happy.
    Dumbest thread I have ever seen/read. Delete your system32 please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Then quit and don't come back, I won't miss you I for one welcome the RNG loot that we have now, If warforged wasn't a thing I would have been BiS 2 months ago and would have little reason to continue raiding outside of waiting to get my Heroic Garrosh mount.
    I would insinuate that maybe you metaphorically have a few too many finely-grained silica particles in your female productive organs.

You're only relying on RNG now because Blizzard's content release pipeline is so fucking broken that they can't even get content out more than once every six months.

All I was saying in my post is that I am not going to reward Blizzard with my consistent patronage when they substitute a lack of content with with the same kind of disgusting exploitative tactics used by gambling websites, betting shops and pubs/clubs with pokies. The psychology behind gated, randomized rewards is very ugly. I work with gambling addicts and understand this quite well.

I'll always come back and throw some dollars Blizzard's way when I can grind a PVP set, or something like Timeless Isle comes along, or when a new raid tier comes along on LFR so I can see the story. I still like the game. I just don't like the ugly mentality of randomisation. It's engineered frustration and it pushes the brain's reward circuitry in all the wrong ways.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by SageKalzi View Post
    Nightguard? No clue what you're talking about. I didn't say anything about nightguard.
    That was the person you had quoted,sorry for the confusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is an awesome idea. Call it the Treasure Trove where a member of your faction hands out the gear like a quartermaster in exchange for tokens gained from beating bosses. Each boss drops a token (total of 5) and everyone is RNG to get one. Once you've killed enough bosses to gather your 8 tokens, proceed to the vendor just inside the instance (like ICC) and purchase your gear. Once you have your 8 tokens, you will never see another token drop, only gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I would insinuate that maybe you metaphorically have a few too many finely-grained silica particles in your female productive organs.

You're only relying on RNG now because Blizzard's content release pipeline is so fucking broken that they can't even get content out more than once every six months.

All I was saying in my post is that I am not going to reward Blizzard with my consistent patronage when they substitute a lack of content with with the same kind of disgusting exploitative tactics used by gambling websites, betting shops and pubs/clubs with pokies. The psychology behind gated, randomized rewards is very ugly. I work with gambling addicts and understand this quite well.

I'll always come back and throw some dollars Blizzard's way when I can grind a PVP set, or something like Timeless Isle comes along, or when a new raid tier comes along on LFR so I can see the story. I still like the game. I just don't like the ugly mentality of randomisation. It's engineered frustration and it pushes the brain's reward circuitry in all the wrong ways.
    I guess, if your only care and "reward' in the playing this game comes down to sweet sweet purples. (which makes you shallow)

I hate RNG, all raid drops should be in Blizzard store. lmao

I'd actually be cool with getting a token at the end of a full clear for the week. Maybe not actual raid drops, but have some options on using the token for stuff. Some side grades, some transmog stuff, etc. BoA would be cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    Oh fuck that.
    Rng became a thing in Cata. Grinding was the big thing before and it needs to fucking come back. This crap about getting luck and unlucky is stupid. A guy who played most of the year should not have to worry about being surpassed some new person who just started playing a few weeks ago.
    Honestly so long as it is tied to normal up and that it takes like 5-15 kills of said boss then I'd be ok with it. BUT ONLY AFTER YOU KILLED ALL THE RAID BOSSES.
    RNG became a thing in cata? I am sorry bud but RNG has been here since vanilla. and how can you say that RNG became in cata, but grinding needs to come back? Correct me if I am wrong but grinding for an entire content patch is the same as RNG if your loot doesnt drop. your argument is invalid

this idea could work great.

have a npc give out a repeatable quest at the entrance of a raid, kill x-amount of bosses lets say 20 bosses, thats 1 and a half SoO clear.
    when u hand it in u can select an epic from any of the raid bosses as ur reward.
    (only bosses u have killed before tho, so farming boss 1-10 for 2 weeks wont let u get garrosh loot)

warforged still only drops from bosses so rng remains in tact.
    no mounts or heirlooms as rewards, also no tier items.
    Last edited by Demontjuh; 2014-02-03 at 05:07 PM.
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Yeah, that's just pointing out another issue people should start paying attention to with regards to raiding. PEople apparently only care about raiding when it can offer upgraded loot.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would honestly prefer if they used a token/vendor idea and a gambling system with valor where you can either a)get a piece of gear to drop or b) use tokens to get the piece of gear...then you use valor to try and roll these secondary stats they are implementing. It keeps their design philosophy of having gear easier to acquire, but having a long tail to perfection, while removing RNG as the sole determinant of your progression. I think it's past time they let RNG dictate where we go in the game and instead take the burden of responsibility in building more content with higher levels of play to satisfy the quicker progression.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I would honestly prefer if they used a token/vendor idea and a gambling system with valor where you can either a)get a piece of gear to drop or b) use tokens to get the piece of gear...then you use valor to try and roll these secondary stats they are implementing. It keeps their design philosophy of having gear easier to acquire, but having a long tail to perfection, while removing RNG as the sole determinant of your progression. I think it's past time they let RNG dictate where we go in the game and instead take the burden of responsibility in building more content with higher levels of play to satisfy the quicker progression.
    Like they did with TBC and Wrath Plus, I like the idea of using currency to "roll" for an extra shot at a token.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Like they did with TBC and Wrath Plus, I like the idea of using currency to "roll" for an extra shot at a token.
    They've kept doing it till present day, they just changed the 'tokens' to valor/jp, just instead of getting one per boss you beat you get like 100-200. I just wish they'd put damned weapons into the vendors once later tiers are added as those are the main things that make or break someone's performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we're talking about raid drops, like things that can drop off trash or randomly from any boss (mounts please!) then yes, this is a good idea. Otherwise, if any standard gear from the loot table could be bought what's the point of killing bosses?

I hate the idea that a bonus roll can win something that I've already won. I bet I have 10 cloaks off of 10N Immerseus and 0 trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    If we're talking about raid drops, like things that can drop off trash or randomly from any boss (mounts please!) then yes, this is a good idea. Otherwise, if any standard gear from the loot table could be bought what's the point of killing bosses?
    Why would that be a good idea? Besides, "i want more mounts"