10+ Year Old Account

Massive explosion in NYC brought down 2 building

This was this morning at 9.30EST * And is still breaking news *

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/12/us/man...ing-explosion/
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/massive-...ilding-in-nyc/

2 Death many missing ?

18 Injured

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking like a gas explosion. Another case of infrastructure problems.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    nonno they will call this terrorism so they have a reason to atk another country cuz of terrorism

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtremerr View Post
    nonno they will call this terrorism so they have a reason to atk another country cuz of terrorism
    Read the articles before being outright ridiculous. They're calling it a gas leak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

It's frightening the amount of damage simple property mis-management and infrastructure deficits can lead to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Read the articles before being outright ridiculous. They're calling it a gas leak.
    Obviously terrists sabotaged the pipes.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but I couldn't click on the link... I only click fox links, not CNN biased networks, I want the truth, not some nutcase view.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    some1 sabotaged the gas pipes like masark said xD i expected them to call it terrorism cuz its the u.s after all ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Obviously terrists sabotaged the pipes.
    I thought It was due to the fact they installed Philip Seymour Hoffman as Rob Ford and had to dispose of the evidence....
    OT: I hope this makes them think about overhauling all the old pipes and wires now. lol
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I haven't heard anyone say if any of the people who smelled the gas beforehand called 911?

Yeah I saw that. I decided to come home for my break between classes today and I couldn't watch Maury/Jerry Springer on TV because the news is covering this. Still is. Lol//////////

Oh snap...next there'll be a balding middle aged cop in Harlem wearing a Sandwich Board saying "I Hate N****rs"
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Sorry, but I couldn't click on the link... I only click fox links, not CNN biased networks, I want the truth, not some nutcase view.
    We all know Fox is the nutcase one
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

10+ Year Old Account
    some1 sabotaged the gas pipes like masark said xD i expected them to call it terrorism cuz its the u.s after all ^^
    No, it's not 'cuz' US, but because you are a biased xtremerr, who doesn't bother to read...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Country bashing much?

Deleted
    I though you are reffering WTC towers >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Nillah View Post
    I haven't heard anyone say if any of the people who smelled the gas beforehand called 911?
    Yeah that's interesting. Also a gas explosion of that magnitude would take a large quantity of gas. So one could assume it had been leaking a while. Weird there isn't more casualties than what's reported. Maybe the buildings were mostly vacant?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Looking like a gas explosion. Another case of infrastructure problems.
    Basically this NYC has an huge aging infrastructure ( with much of the US )
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

o my i rly hpe dey dnt invde anther cntry tht wud b rly stupd lol
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2014-03-12 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Yeah that's interesting. Also a gas explosion of that magnitude would take a large quantity of gas. So one could assume it had been leaking a while. Weird there isn't more casualties than what's reported. Maybe the buildings were mostly vacant?
    Not exactly true on quantify + detectibility. It has to be a large amount but spread to cause such damage, it must have been more than one leak or a very long term leak that had open paths to flow across more than one section of the building. Enough to reach the correct ratio with air to be explosive. Which is why dangerous gaz leaks arent easily detectable, if its all in a single room and the gaz cannot escape, the ratio of gaz become too high and it cannot explode. Which is why you need detectors.