Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Doesn't the new PVP gear make Flex useless?

Barring trinkets.

Why bother doing flex when the gear is only 540, or 548 when 2/2 upgraded when after a couple weeks you can get full 550 PVP gear in a weekend of 2's or 3's due to the CP catch up?

Makes the flex heirloom weapons pretty useless as well, since anybody can just buy the 550 PVP weapon for either CP in an hour or so, or for honor when the season ends and WoD comes out if they don't want it now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it was made useless.

Regardless of what was explained or reasoned by Blizzard I can still get 550 gear faster than 540 gear thanks to months of horrible RNG that still have me using 522 neck and rings.

Outside of trinkets and set bonuses there is zero reason to do flex now. Server mergers won't make my realm(s) normal raid farming based on what I've seen so PVP is now better than the best PVE gear I can obtain.

This is just more horrible, god awful development by Blizzard.

They itemized their seasons and raids badly. SOO made Flex/Norm better by far than PVP gear and Conquest gear was equal to the previous tiers raids. Now they've added 28 item levels to this season's gear. To put this in perspective starting crafted PVP gear was 450 it ends the expansion at 550. Players will be going from roughly 350k in starting crafted to 560k in PVP gear (I didn't do the math I'm just guesstimating the jump from 496 to 522 gear being roughly 60k and figuring that on being true again.)

What's so incredible to me about this is freshly dinged 90's, and you still see more than you should in BG's, are floating around 300-310k and you're going to have people with nearly twice their health against players with no PVP power.

The whole scenario is ripe for clusterfuck.
    Last edited by Misuteri; 2014-01-25 at 02:06 PM.

With that logic, why play at all now? WoD will come out and then greens will be better. Why run the first raids in WoD? Wait until the last tier and then ... Actually when the last tier is out that means the next expansion is on the way. Doh! See my embellished point? Worrying about this sort of thing is just going to spoil your enjoyment of the game.

As for the flex heirlooms, the benefit isn't that they're 548 so you'll have a great weapon at 90 in WoD. It's the fact that they scale as you level from 90 to 100, something the PvP weapon will not!

You mean awesome things still happen with ghostcrawler gone!?!?!...
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Well, there are some players who can't stand PvP, so Flex gear is still for them (e.g., for me). And the heirloom weapons do scale up to level 100 while the PvP weapons won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
    With that logic, why play at all now? WoD will come out and then greens will be better. Why run the first raids in WoD? Wait until the last tier and then ... Actually when the last tier is out that means the next expansion is on the way. Doh! See my embellished point? Worrying about this sort of thing is just going to spoil your enjoyment of the game.

As for the flex heirlooms, the benefit isn't that they're 548 so you'll have a great weapon at 90 in WoD. It's the fact that they scale as you level from 90 to 100, something the PvP weapon will not!
    just like with mop your raid gear will still last a level or 2 depending on how good it was but since everything is being scaled back and you are gaining +10 levels from the new xpac your raid gear should last at least 4 levels because the stat inflation shouldnt be a much as previous xpacs

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it does.

So I guess all there is left to do with flex is doing it for the fun! THE HORROR! NO MORE BIGGER NUMBERS, FUN?!!? Leave me alone.

Conquest catchup won't work till late next season, at which point WoD will be just around the corner anyway.

Deleted
    If it took you 4-5 months to clear Flex and not being able to pug normal in that time, then... Yeah, it might be worth doing some arena for you.

I think the 550 ilvl of PvP gear is good. It'll even out world PvP a bit. I'm not too sure of how much PvP power that gear will have, but it should be enough to let you do a bit more damage than upgraded normal PvE gear.

540 ilvl would mean that it's pretty crap in world PvP still. And let's face it, heroic geared players will still steamroll ilvl 550 PvPers in world PvP. It would've been much better if they made the PvP gear ilvl 540 in instanced PvP and instanced PvE content, but ilvl 555-560 in world PvP.

Edit: Do note that even LFR trinkets will still be FAR superior to PvP trinkets while doing PvE content, so Flex won't be completely useless.

(And most people doing Flex + normal mostly do Flex for fun, with friends or for trinkets/set bonuses)

Quote Originally Posted by sir-connor View Post
    Conquest catchup won't work till late next season, at which point WoD will be just around the corner anyway.
    you hope... lol leave it to blizz to not deliver... like they have been famous for

people begged for new models cata and mop didnt bring them even tho they kept hinting at them. When WoD does finally go live im gonna love seeing what "thing" they crapped all over this time. I swear the new model thing.... to me its already old just looking at the picture reveals. I lol thinking about how much time was spent on that and not REAL content or fixing real issues.

Its not the first or last time they done/gonna do that with pvp gear. Its gonna give people something to do.

PVPer - "AMG new lewtz"
    PVEer - "**** now i have to pvp to get upgrades"

doing that keeps both parties around its sneaky but they keep some subs like that

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    If it took you 4-5 months to clear Flex and not being able to pug normal in that time, then... Yeah, it might be worth doing some arena for you.

I think the 550 ilvl of PvP gear is good. It'll even out world PvP a bit. I'm not too sure of how much PvP power that gear will have, but it should be enough to let you do a bit more damage than upgraded normal PvE gear.

540 ilvl would mean that it's pretty crap in world PvP still. And let's face it, heroic geared players will still steamroll ilvl 550 PvPers in world PvP. It would've been much better if they made the PvP gear ilvl 540 in instanced PvP and instanced PvE content, but ilvl 555-560 in world PvP.

Edit: Do note that even LFR trinkets will still be FAR superior to PvP trinkets while doing PvE content, so Flex won't be completely useless.

(And most people doing Flex + normal mostly do Flex for fun, with friends or for trinkets/set bonuses)
    Or if they'd just make PvP gear the same iLvl as PvE gear, plus the PvP stats, and simply don't allow PvP gear into PvE instances...

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    you hope... lol leave it to blizz to not deliver... like they have been famous for
    If they kept the conquest catchup as it is now, I would get 0 new gear the 1st weekend of the new season (cause I am already caught up) and new players or new alts would get a full set of the new gear 1st weekend of the new season. They won't do that, it's not "I hope" it's how the catchup system works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    With Flex being upgradeable to 548, the socket bonuses pretty much make up for the missing ilvls.

They aren't even trying with this season. The models are just switched palettes from the current season.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Or if they'd just make PvP gear the same iLvl as PvE gear, plus the PvP stats, and simply don't allow PvP gear into PvE instances...
    Or you know, just copy paste the existing system. Throw an item level cap on PvP gear in raid instances. 530 should be enough to make it not worth your while.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sir-connor View Post
    For Blizzard around the corner is always 4th quarter.

Enjoy SOO because you're getting nothing new until October.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    With Flex being upgradeable to 548, the socket bonuses pretty much make up for the missing ilvls.
    Actually The Power of item is calculated with sockets filled. So ilvl 540 with 3 empty sockets is far inferior to 540 with 0 sockets (and equally powerfull with filled). the Socket bonus comes from customisation to you exact need.

Your statement will be true once WoL itemisation Hits

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    That would make it hard to switch from PvP to PvE if all you've done is PvP.

If you've played on the highest level of PvP and managed to get a full set from it, you're most likely knowledgable enough of your class to skip LFR and Flex progression. Sure, you can buy boosts, but you'll be kicked on Immerseus anyways if you're craptastic.

Besides, Blizzard would never do that, so it's not a suggestion that should be argued against other suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    They aren't even trying with this season. The models are just switched palettes from the current season.
    Wait really?

Please say now, I was really looking forward to the grievous models to see the note the expansion would end on.

How can they be so damn lazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    That would make it hard to switch from PvP to PvE if all you've done is PvP.

If you've played on the highest level of PvP and managed to get a full set from it, you're most likely knowledgable enough of your class to skip LFR and Flex progression. Sure, you can buy boosts, but you'll be kicked on Immerseus anyways if you're craptastic.

Besides, Blizzard would never do that, so it's not a suggestion that should be argued against other suggestions.
    They do the exact opposite already (PvE gear gets downscaled in PvP) I see no reason why they couldn't/wont implement it this way as well but *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Wait really?

Please say now, I was really looking forward to the grievous models to see the note the expansion would end on.

How can they be so damn lazy?
    They were not planning this season it's not really all that surprising that little/no dev time has went into it.