Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Now that would be pretty cool. I really hope they would do something like combining two jobs, they could do anything really.

I look forward to any new job, regardless of how it is implemented, but hope that they will have a new base class that starts at level one so everyone who wants it start on the same playing field.

Doesn't really mater though, they can implement new jobs a LOT of different ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I look forward to any new job, regardless of how it is implemented, but hope that they will have a new base class that starts at level one so everyone who wants it start on the same playing field.

Doesn't really mater though, they can implement new jobs a LOT of different ways.
    Musketeer is supposedly the first new class then others.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am still waiting for RDM.

However how they would implement it concerns me. FFXIV, unlike FFXI, has a set "trinity system", RDM, as a support class, class it as DPS isn't doing its justice, however I don't want it to be healer class, but there isn't a support role spec out there, you can argue that it can be done similar to BRD, a DPS that also can do a lot of buff and debuff, but that buff and debuff has to be meaningful enough for people to want the class (like Ballad from BRD), while not cross over with BRD (or people won't want the weaker DPS one if both give the same buff), I can see it could be rather challenging to implement, unless they take it to a totally different direction than to FFXI or original RDM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post

However how they would implement it concerns me. FFXIV, unlike FFXI, has a set "trinity system", RDM, as a support class, class it as DPS isn't doing its justice, however I don't want it to be healer class, but there isn't a support role spec out there, you can argue that it can be done similar to BRD, a DPS that also can do a lot of buff and debuff, but that buff and debuff has to be meaningful enough for people to want the class (like Ballad from BRD), while not cross over with BRD (or people won't want the weaker DPS one if both give the same buff), I can see it could be rather challenging to implement, unless they take it to a totally different direction than to FFXI or original RDM.
    Welll say it IS a mix of WHM and BLM I could see it being a dmg dealer/offhealer or maybe instead a cleaner damage dealer...

Basically they specialize in removing poisons while casting spells to damage enemies.

It would be rather challenging to implement, but if I was to trust anyone to do it, it would be Yoshi and team.
    Its possible it could be a 100% support class. As in it would only have a couple of true weak attacks and a couple of true weak healing spells. The rest would be debuffs of say target takes 20% more damage from your teammates, or passive auras the increase healing, or buffs that increase damage or primary/secondary stats. Nothing that lasts too long, so the RDM would have to constantly cast and would be busy, but enough to really make the RDM feel useful, but not OP. A really good RDM would make a group more powerful, and a bad RDM can hinder. Of course they would have to make sure that groups can still function without RDM's if they want it.
    I know this way it would be incredibly tough to balance, but I think if done properly, the trinity system could be scrapped for 4 roles, and would make for some incredibly interesting gameplay.

With the Duty Finder, a class that doesn't do any one of the roles well enough to hold it's own in a light party would just be a hinderance and making their buffs strong enough to warrant them doing sub par DPS or healing would make them totally OP in Full Party or Alliance settings I don't even want to think about how that would affect PvP.

Thinking on how they were implemented in FFXI, I can really only think that they'd be a melee DPS class that uses en-fire type spells to increase their damage and having some BLM and WHM spells thrown in as flavor. Essentially, they'd be a WoW Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutartwo View Post
    It would be rather challenging to implement, but if I was to trust anyone to do it, it would be Yoshi and team.
    Its possible it could be a 100% support class. As in it would only have a couple of true weak attacks and a couple of true weak healing spells. The rest would be debuffs of say target takes 20% more damage from your teammates, or passive auras the increase healing, or buffs that increase damage or primary/secondary stats. Nothing that lasts too long, so the RDM would have to constantly cast and would be busy, but enough to really make the RDM feel useful, but not OP. A really good RDM would make a group more powerful, and a bad RDM can hinder. Of course they would have to make sure that groups can still function without RDM's if they want it.
    I know this way it would be incredibly tough to balance, but I think if done properly, the trinity system could be scrapped for 4 roles, and would make for some incredibly interesting gameplay.
    You cannot make it 4 roles, especially if one of the role is not essential, or the system would forcefully try to find one.
    You cannot make it as a general DPS role, or you get 2x RDM in a Light Party dungeon you could be screwed.

As for like damage buff for party:
    Make it strong enough in a 4 man group, would be OP in 8 man group.
    Make it strong enough in a 8 man group, would be too weak in a 4 man group.

Other aspect:
    How would you do if you solo quest?
    Lowering DPS for abilities to off heal, nice for a pre-made (still use 2 healers for hard progress fights with high damage, only use 1 healer if content is on farm), but will be hard to implement for DF groups.

Things that MAY be able to pull it off:
    Make it a buff similar to Cleric Stance. without it, you can DPS nearly as good as other DPS with buff and debuff benefit on top, similar to current BRD. But if you use the buff, you then lower your damage but significantly increase your healing or other support abilities, so you can choose when to be stronger at what, so in this way you can class it as a general DPS like BRD without problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Essentially, they'd be a WoW Enhancement Shaman.
    In a way, I am more hoping they would implement RDM and BLU same time. As both can start from Fencer class, with RDM being magical range and BLU being magical melee, and BLU will essentially more like Enhancement Shaman, whereas RDM would be more like Elemental.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of a stretch here but we know that Arcanist eventually splits into either Summoner or Scholar. One heals...One is a DPS. Can't we do that with the Red Mage - allow them to queue as both DPS or Healer? If their MND score is higher they're entered into Duty Finder as a Healer...If there INT score is higher they're placed in as a DPS. It's a weird system but when you have a class like the Red Mage and no defined support slot a la FFXI it might be an option.

I should have expanded on the idea of the true attacks and healing abilities that are weak. They would be weaker compared to any other class, so when you are soloing, you throw out the buff that increases damage (say it has a timer of 20 seconds) and you use the couple of weak attacks you have that are a bit stronger. the weaker attacks are offset by the fact that you can heal yourself. This would work the same in 4 man dungeons, as stated above you can be a healer or dps depending on your stats. you don't have many people to support, so concentrating on support is there, but not as heavy so you can do damage or heal while supporting. When it comes to raids, you completely do support, enhancing your teams dps, enhancing your healers healing, and helping with effective hit points and mitigation, and of course throwing out stronger than normal debuffs.

I also mentioned it would be incredibly tough to balance, but it is do-able.

Now Blue Mage is something different. My thought was maybe you need to be multiple classes of level 50, maybe 3 or 4 of anything really (maybe 1 tank, 1 melee dps, and 1 caster). And you get a quest leading you to a new guild, and the guildmaster says something like "Word has spread around Eaorzea that you have mastered a wide range of skills (just DoW and DoM Jobs of course) and i have watched you grow into something beyond any adventurer". He begins to offer to teach you the ways of the blue mage, to use your diverse knowledge to help you and constantly adapt to your surroundings and use the enemies strengths and weakness's against them. And I agree with you Grym, it should be a magical melee.

Just throwing out ideas... thats all

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played a RDM (for the pimp hat) in FFXI and Scholar is very close.

Pros:

Dots
    Haste
    Healing

Cons:

No Melee unless you wanna ruin your Webster's book.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    No Melee unless you wanna ruin your Webster's book.
    Total lies.

I beat the shit out of someone with my book when I got mind controlled in Pharos Sirius. >.>
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    On FF XIV nation they thoerized that to fit support class they could add a support role in the finder so the party would be 1 tank, 1 heal, 1 dps and 1 support (2 tank 2 heal 2 dps and 2 support in full partuies), but they also said that it would be problematic to the game overall and I'm of the same advise since it will also raise the already long dps queque for parties.

I'm loving FFXIV. A friend bought the 3 copies of this game on accident a few weeks ago, so he gave one to me...just cause. >_>; So I'm playing out the free month right now and have to say I will definitely resub once my time is up.

I play a white mage and I have to say healing on FFXIV is 1000x more fun then healing on WoW. (Of course this is my opinion) FFXIV's healing is a lot more triage based and I actually press buttons and have cast times!

The smart heals + "I win healer CDs" make healing in WoW a snooze fest and this is coming from someone 6/14 HC SoO. Yeah, Yeah I am aware I'm not at the "hardest content" yet, but I honestly can say beyond maybe heroic mode Thok the healing game right now is INSANELY BORING.

There is 0 choice, specially as a shaman it feels like maybe 70% of my throughput is passive press button at X time smart heal action to the point I don't really feel like I am playing anymore -.-;;;

TLDR; FFXIV healing is fresh, and brings back memories of my priest in BC.
    Last edited by Rafal; 2014-02-08 at 08:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? I love instant cast Healing, that is why I love my SCH for Lustrate, when I use WHM I miss Lustrate soooo much....

10+ Year Old Account
    What? I love instant cast Healing, that is why I love my SCH for Lustrate, when I use WHM I miss Lustrate soooo much....
    And this right here shows how much variety between classes/playstypes there is in FFXIV...One thing I LOVE is how each class feels and acts differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    I'm loving FFXIV. A friend bought the 3 copies of this game on accident a few weeks ago, so he gave one to me...just cause. >_>; So I'm playing out the free month right now and have to say I will definitely resub once my time is up.

I play a white mage and I have to say healing on FFXIV is 1000x more fun then healing on WoW. (Of course this is my opinion) FFXIV's healing is a lot more triage based and I actually press buttons and have cast times!

The smart heals + "I win healer CDs" make healing in WoW a snooze fest and this is coming from someone 6/14 HC SoO. Yeah, Yeah I am aware I'm not at the "hardest content" yet, but I honestly can say beyond maybe heroic mode Thok the healing game right now is INSANELY BORING.

There is 0 choice, specially as a shaman it feels like maybe 70% of my throughput is passive press button at X time smart heal action to the point I don't really feel like I am playing anymore -.-;;;

TLDR; FFXIV healing is fresh, and brings back memories of my priest in BC.
    Funny, I find healing in this game 1000x more boring than wow. Cure spells are boring variations of one another. Regen is a boring run of the mill hot. Medica 1 and 2 are boring aoe heals. Scholar is interesting, but so gimpy right now I don't see how anyone can play it. Shields are counter-intuitive and the fairy AI is pathetic. If the macro API was half as decent as it should be this wouldn't be a problem. I don't know why I'm complaining though, I love this game and i90 WHM is my main and I enjoy it >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Funny, I find healing in this game 1000x more boring than wow. Cure spells are boring variations of one another. Regen is a boring run of the mill hot. Medica 1 and 2 are boring aoe heals. Scholar is interesting, but so gimpy right now I don't see how anyone can play it. Shields are counter-intuitive and the fairy AI is pathetic. If the macro API was half as decent as it should be this wouldn't be a problem. I don't know why I'm complaining though, I love this game and i90 WHM is my main and I enjoy it >.>
    Healing and tanking in this game became too similar within the first content patch. Whatever made the warrior unique with its death knight like ability's was replaced with generic reduction CDs for ease of balance making it borderline clone with paladin.

WHM and SCH have the same healing tools just different after effects which doesn't make interesting gameplay. WHM adds a HoT and SCH adds a shield other then that it is the same heal different name.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Healing and tanking in this game became too similar within the first content patch. Whatever made the warrior unique with its death knight like ability's was replaced with generic reduction CDs for ease of balance making it borderline clone with paladin.

WHM and SCH have the same healing tools just different after effects which doesn't make interesting gameplay. WHM adds a HoT and SCH adds a shield other then that it is the same heal different name.
    I main war and honestly short of spamming wrath stacks and the cd implementation gotta say we retained our feel..

Thing is our IB wasn't as powerful as it could have been...

Overall I still feel the rampaging feel even if not as heavily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Scholar is interesting, but so gimpy right now I don't see how anyone can play it.
    Your group don't like using SCH to heal Twintania? From what I know most people prefer SCH to tank heal Twintania, or tank heal in general.