Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    There is no last anything, they'll stop making classes when they stop making expansions, which they will do when the game is no longer viable. Likely many years from now
    pretty much this, same goes for races as well.

will at some point new classes just basically be old classes mashed together with a different theme? sure. but as long as there are expansions we will either be getting a race or class, unless something big enough is there to replace the two (new models)
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it wasn't from nothing. Mists of Pandaria was based on lore that began in WC3 surrounding the Pandaren Brewmaster. Blizzard took that initial lore and expanded upon it. However, its important to note that the base was already in place, and Blizzard had to adhere to that base for people to accept the expansion as part of Warcraft. If WoW Pandaria didn't gel with the original lore from WC3, people wouldn't have recognized it, and just figured it was some continent we needed to explore.

Demon Hunters are no different. They have a base from WC3, and if Blizzard strays too far from that base, the concept becomes unrecognizable. So if your goal is to bring Demon Hunters into WoW to appeal to all the suppsoed DH fans out there, then it needs to resemble the DH from WC3 games. That means half naked elven warrior with twin warglaives and a blindfold. The problem with DHs is that base is already utilized by other classes. Again, even the name overlaps with existing classes.

Blizzard themselves even pointed this out.
    Pandaria in wc3 was nothing but one unit, they made up whole pandaria and their culture and all the lore 100% for MoP

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Pandaria in wc3 was nothing but one unit, they made up whole pandaria and their culture and all the lore 100% for MoP
    They also had a building, some feral panderan and a reference to bisexual polar bear men. Really, the rest writes itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    And what did we get from that single unit? We knew that Pandaria was made up of Panda people that drink and know martial arts, that their culture was inspired by China, and that their homeland is secretive and shrouded in mystery.

That forms a base that Blizzard couldn't deviate from, but could expand upon.

Deleted
    I really do want to argue with you for the 10,000th time, Teriz, but as all of those arguements have proven, you're wrong and refuse to admit it. So I'm just going to tell you to stuff your anti demon hunter stuff where the sun don't shine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    I really do want to argue with you for the 10,000th time, Teriz, but as all of those arguements have proven, you're wrong and refuse to admit it. So I'm just going to tell you to stuff your anti demon hunter stuff where the sun don't shine.
    I'm hardly anti-DH. The DH is actually one of my favorite hero units from WC3. I'm merely pointing out its extremely low likelihood of ever becoming a class in WoW. In fact, I'd go as far to say that the chance of a DH entering the game as a stand alone class is pretty close to zero. There's simply too many obstacles standing in its way.

Your best bet is a DH spec in the Warlock class.

They'll keep introducing new classes and specs until WoW cannot pay for itself anymore.

Deleted
    I'm hardly anti-DH. The DH is actually one of my favorite hero units from WC3. I'm merely pointing out its extremely low likelihood of ever becoming a class in WoW. In fact, I'd go as far to say that the chance of a DH entering the game as a stand alone class is pretty close to zero. There's simply too many obstacles standing in its way.

Your best bet is a DH spec in the Warlock class.

I always wanted a Brewmaster class. Since I first played WoW I dreamed and hoped for it, but I knew there might not be enough in the hero to make a new class. Blizzard have proven they can take an idea and make something greater out of it. The Monk from the Brewmaster, and they'll no doubt make a class with Demon Hunter as one of it's specs, if not a Demon Hunter class.
    Honestly, seeing Demon Hunter as a Warlock spec would be the biggest insult to fans and the lore since the Draenei catastrophy. Tinkers, on the other hand, will NEVER be a class. Maybe a raid boss, like the Firelord ended up being, or a title for Engineering achievements. Never a class. It's filled by the proffession. Your best bet of a Tinker class is to be a class of Engineering. Sorry, just throwing your own arguements at you, and they're a damn sight more relevant for this than when used against the Demon Hunter.

no, a good chunk of pandaria and pandaren lore was already in the rpg books.

the only thing they changed from the rpg books is that pandaria is now originally a part of kalimdor just like all of azeroth, in the rpg it was always an island.

other than that everything from the rpg books about pandaren and pandaria has been kept in tact, even the part about the pandaren creating brewfest has been kept cannon with the chen and li li stormstout comic book
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

the only thing they changed from the rpg books is that pandaria is now originally a part of kalimdor just like all of azeroth, in the rpg it was always an island.

other than that everything from the rpg books about pandaren and pandaria has been kept in tact, even the part about the pandaren creating brewfest has been kept cannon with the chen and li li stormstout comic book
    Did they add a pandaren enclave to Stonetalon peeks? Not harassing you, just can't check up on that and I thought they left it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    I always wanted a Brewmaster class. Since I first played WoW I dreamed and hoped for it, but I knew there might not be enough in the hero to make a new class. Blizzard have proven they can take an idea and make something greater out of it. The Monk from the Brewmaster, and they'll no doubt make a class with Demon Hunter as one of it's specs, if not a Demon Hunter class.
    Blizzard did that by combining the Brewmaster concept into the Monk archetype. You seem to not understand that the situation with Brewmasters was FAR different than the situation with Demon Hunters. There was next to no overlap with Brewmasters OR the Monk archetype. No class had Brewmaster abilities from WC3, and no class was even remotely close to a martial arts class, or used the martial arts theme. Demon Hunter overlaps with existing classes in almost every regard. The name overlaps, the theme overlaps, the abilities overlap, and so forth.

Honestly, seeing Demon Hunter as a Warlock spec would be the biggest insult to fans and the lore since the Draenei catastrophy.
    Which is why Blizzard isn't going to bother either way, because bringing the class in with full WC3 flavor would piss off Warlock, Rogue, Hunter, and other players. Bringing it in where it wouldn't overlap with existing classes would piss off the hard core DH fanbase that want to digitally cosplay as Illidan Stormrage. Its a lose-lose for Blizzard.

Tinkers, on the other hand, will NEVER be a class. Maybe a raid boss, like the Firelord ended up being, or a title for Engineering achievements. Never a class. It's filled by the proffession. Your best bet of a Tinker class is to be a class of Engineering. Sorry, just throwing your own arguements at you, and they're a damn sight more relevant for this than when used against the Demon Hunter.
    Your quote contradicts itself. First off, a profession can never fill the place of a class. Secondly, NPCs and the Tinker hero itself have shown a pretty wide application of Azeroth technology that the profession doesn't even touch upon. Lastly, a Tinker class doesn't overlap with classes, and the Tinker hero's abilities aren't in the spellbooks of other classes, so its ripe for class implementation. In short, the Tinker class concept has NONE of the issues that the DH class concept has.

In the end, the argument for the Tinker class being implemented is a stronger argument. It fits the game, it doesn't overlap with existing classes, it gives Gnomes and Goblins a class that fits their cultures, it can utilized for any spec role, it comes from a popular and broad archetype, etc.

The only argument that works in the DHs favor is that its popular.

12th class will wear a mail, so we will have 3 class per armor type- perfect symmetry. Then we can think about DH, although it would be fun to have a second hero class... /dreamy eyes

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Why are people so fascinated by the concept of Demon Hunters?
    It's like a Warlock, but with two swords. That's good enough for me.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to say if the next class will be the last. But I will say that at least one more class will happen. Blizz can balance all armor to have three classes, and can add a fourth raid token so gear is a bit less.... crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Why are people so fascinated by the concept of Demon Hunters?
    For me it's just because it's the only class that fits perfectly with upcoming lore. We KNOW the Legion is coming, the probability of next expansion focusing on the Legion approaches 1 every expansion they aren't the focus. And Tinker doesn't fit with the Legion, Timelord doesn't fit the Legion, Demon Hunter fits it perfectly.

Plus, it was a WC3 hero, as both new classes so far were (Death Knight and Brewmaster).
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

They created the lore out of one unit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given how homogenized classes are I think we have a few too many at the moment. No going back though but not much point in going forward either.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Given how homogenized classes are I think we have a few too many at the moment. No going back though but not much point in going forward either.
    I think that's why we need new classes. Since every new class' feature gets handed out to every class the next expansion (remember when runes were unique? Before Holy Power, Soulstones, and Shadow Orbs?) we need new classes now and then to avoid full homogenization.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Hard to say if the next class will be the last. But I will say that at least one more class will happen. Blizz can balance all armor to have three classes, and can add a fourth raid token so gear is a bit less.... crowded.
    The missing mail armor slot is probably the most reliable clue to what the next (and probably final) class will be.

It also pokes holes in the idea that the DH will be the final class. DHs and mail armor don't really go together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

Plus, it was a WC3 hero, as both new classes so far were (Death Knight and Brewmaster).
    The difference being that the DK and Brewmaster's abilities weren't being used by other classes when they were implemented. ALL of the DH's WC3 abilities are in the spellbooks of other classes.

The missing mail armor slot is probably the most reliable clue to what the next (and probably final) class will be.

It also pokes holes in the idea that the DH will be the final class. DHs and mail armor don't really go together.

- - - Updated - - -

The difference being that the DK and Brewmaster's abilities weren't being used by other classes when they were implemented. ALL of the DH's WC3 abilities are in the spellbooks of other classes.
    warlocks had death coil. so saying none is flat out bs.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Tinker. Bigger emphasis on technology in MoP 5.4 and WoD, plus fans have been asking for more Gnome lore, so it would be a good opportunity to revisit them and the Goblins.

Imagine being able to tank as a shredder, summon an iron star or laser turret.