Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Patch 6.0 brings new raid structure to SoO

From Ion Hazzikostas (@WatcherDev) on Twitter:

(https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...29251070742528)

So they will be adding mythic 20-man difficulty to SoO in the Warlords pre-patch...what does this mean for release timeline? Will we be seeing 6.0 more than a month before release, so that people can go for mythic world-firsts?
    Last edited by brothernads; 2014-02-03 at 08:40 PM.

Interesting. Can't wait to see what that will do to the current raiding guilds

That's..... interesting for sure. I suppose it'll help us prep for Mythic, but it's kind of a shame that it'll gut our ability to complete 10m Heroic-equivalent before launch.

How long before launch are they intending 6.0 to come out? Usually we only get a few weeks of the pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Interesting. Can't wait to see what that will do to the current raiding guilds
    Seriously...am I wrong or does this mean that if you are raiding current Heroics, you have to find 10 more people (or drop 5) to keep progressing when 6.0 drops?

Because in the new system:
    Current Flex --> 6.0 Normal
    Current Normal --> 6.0 Heroic
    Current Heroic --> 6.0 Mythic

Right?
    Last edited by brothernads; 2014-02-03 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    Seriously...am I wrong or does this mean that if you are raiding current Heroics and are close to killing Garrosh, you have to find 10 more people (or drop 5) to keep progressing when 6.0 drops?
    This means that when 6.0 pre-patch comes out, your guild will have to have 20 players in for Mythic. Since for all intents and purposes it's a new game (i.e. abilities different, item squish is in, class changes complete) by this point the Cutting Edge achievement will probably no longer exist regardless, and you should, as a guild, consider yourselves to have failed to complete the Heroic content when relevant.

Then you'll have the option of continuing to do Normal with 10-25 players while doing what you should have been doing earlier, and prepare your 20 man roster.

[Edit] By this point most likely Garrosh will be as easy as he can be, and generally pre-patch is a huge nerf to the content anyway (when it comes to "re-balancing" to make the current content easier or harder when looking at new classes/abilities, IIRC things tend to err on making the content easier - usually much easier), so it's not like there's really any "progression" anymore.

It's more or less time to get used to the new classes and game (possibly prepare re-rolls/etc.) before new content comes out.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2014-02-03 at 08:50 PM.

ummm you do know that mythic is just heroic right?

if you have heroic garrosh you have mythic garrosh, just because you can walk into flex instead of queing for it and changing flex's name isnt going to make heroic garrosh harder
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    How long before launch are they intending 6.0 to come out? Usually we only get a few weeks of the pre-patch.
    The million-dollar question...this makes it seem like we'll have more than one month of 6.0 before Warlords goes live. But, perhaps not.

Seriously...am I wrong or does this mean that if you are raiding current Heroics and are close to killing Garrosh, you have to find 10 more people (or drop 5) to keep progressing when 6.0 drops?

Right?
    That would be correct.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    That's..... interesting for sure. I suppose it'll help us prep for Mythic, but it's kind of a shame that it'll gut our ability to complete 10m Heroic-equivalent before launch.

They said that 6.0 will be out for a short time before launch, I took that to mean about 2 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    So there just going to implement the names for raids in patch 6.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

if you have heroic garrosh you have mythic garrosh, just because you can walk into flex instead of queing for it and changing flex's name isnt going to make heroic garrosh harder
    Yeah exactly. 6.0 comes, Heroic SoO renamed to Mythic, Normal SoO renamed to Heroic, Flex SoO renamed to Normal, LFR gone forever.

But you are changing the number of people that you need to fight heroic bosses - so many teams will have to adjust if they want to complete "heroic" SoO before the new expansion goes live (regardless of losing out on the Cutting Edge achievements).

No, but it's going to make heroic (mythic) Garrosh impossible for guilds that only have 10 players and were, the previous week, working on 10-man heroic Garrosih.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Mythic is 20 man though, so raid groups will have to add 10 people or cut 5, although by the time 6.0 drops serious guilds should already be ready for this change.

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya View Post
    Yeah exactly. 6.0 comes, Heroic SoO renamed to Mythic, Normal SoO renamed to Heroic, Flex SoO renamed to Normal, LFR gone forever.
    LFR is becoming Tourist mode, not disappearing.

The million-dollar question...this makes it seem like we'll have more than one month of 6.0 before Warlords goes live. But, perhaps not.
    it means nothing.

weve known about the size changes since blizzcon.

anyone who hasnt decided who stays/goes and isnt prepared for the new expansion were just unprepared, anyone who didnt finish progression doesnt matter.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya View Post
    LFR isn't going anywhere.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Seriously...am I wrong or does this mean that if you are raiding current Heroics, you have to find 10 more people (or drop 5) to keep progressing when 6.0 drops?

Right?
    Correct. If this drops when a 10man is close to killing H garrosh, they would be forced to find 10 more people prior to the kill.

Or if ti happens to a 25man, they will be forced to cut 5.

LFR is becoming Tourist mode, not disappearing.
    hes talking about the raid itself.

at 100 the lfr version will be unplayable and effectivly be gone forever. you can just walk into flex. unless they do the same for lfr

it means nothing.

weve known about the size changes since blizzcon.

anyone who hasnt decided who stays/goes and isnt prepared for the new expansion were just unprepared, anyone who didnt finish progression doesnt matter.
    No one had any reason to expect Blizzard to update SoO to Mythic difficulty.

People who don't finish progression matter a hell of a lot more than people who do. You know why? Because they're in the majority.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu