Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    You think it isn't anger fueling this discussion..............

It's like I'm looking at Darth Vader and all you guys see is some cute little padawan kid.

A thread like this can be your doom. Don't say the murloc guy didn't warn you.
    Impending doom! I have warned you! Pray for your souls!

Goodbye then
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    *WOW-Killer, a mythological MMO which would pull 7 million players away from WOW. As of yet no MMO has been worthy of this title. Some feel it will be heralded by a star in the East and 3 wise nerds.

10+ Year Old Account

New Blood Elf look?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ataraxia123 View Post
    Impending doom! I have warned you! Pray for your souls!

Goodbye then
    No my soul will be free!
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    Will 5.4.8 be the last patch before 6.0.0?
    Probably not. They'll need to add in the choppers from Azeroth Choppers nearly by the time it's done. They would probably need a patch for that, and other minor changes and additions. They may add in other mounts or pets around the same time as well.

Besides, it would be a LONG time without nothing, since 6.0 would be shortly before the release of the expansion - which is likely fall.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Probably not. They'll need to add in the choppers from Azeroth Choppers nearly by the time it's done. They would probably need a patch for that, and other minor changes and additions. They may add in other mounts or pets around the same time as well.

Besides, it would be a LONG time without nothing, since 6.0 would be shortly before the release of the expansion - which is likely fall.
    4-6 weeks which is roughly a month.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Hey guys. I think i found something interesting. If you take a look at your ingame-calender and go to july there is a Darkmoon Faire but after july there is no more darkmoon. Indication for Pre-Patch maybe?
    Sorry for bad english

Klaxxar.... your new avatar looks.... suggestive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Approximately.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Approximately.
    Repeating of course

10+ Year Old Account

5.4.9 for the last stuff for the content related, and then 6.0.0 for Warlords of Draenor?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Klaxxar.... your new avatar looks.... suggestive.....
    Umm...why does it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    5.4.9?
    Could happen before 6.0.0.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    Yes, Yes, I can see now the full extent of it. I pray for your souls.
    But don't you see? You are now part of this as well!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yawn. Need new info.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yawn. Need new info.
    Soon, Soon

This Month Alpha! xD

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehnoah View Post
    This Month Alpha! xD
    No its in June or July.

Quote Originally Posted by Draculla View Post
    Soon, Soon
    you realize it's saturday (u.s.), right? cya in 3-4 days. They're only putting out the good stuff once a week now instead of at least 2 times. Ever since this Azeroth Copters nonsense they've been weaning us off any news about the next xpac.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    No its in June or July.
    June 3rd or something? when's the wildstar release date?

May 31st- June 3rd we'll get some info cause wildstar headstart begins may 31st

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Here's some math that better illustrates what I mean:

Lazy person beloq:

Patch hits week 1 I have 0 VP, I gain 0 ilvls.
    3 weeks later I have 3000 VP, I gain 24 ilvl
    So 24 total.

Alert person:

Patch hits week 1 I have 3000 VP, I gain 24 ilvls
    3 weeks later I gain 3000 VP, I gain 24 ilvls.

Total ilvl gained: 48 ilvls.

Now if we do it by patch hitting 3 weeks from now:

Lazy person gains same amount of ilvls: 24.

Alert person though gains only 24, not 48.

So nothing is "lost" by launching upgrades in this particular case without warning.

Not saying that it will be this week, but just showing math that it wouldn't really harm anyone by releasing without warning.
    You do lose something though, you lose the ability to use VP that was otherwise thought useless (so you either didn't bother to cap or used it for offspec stuff) to increase your main spec player power and keep up with everyone else. I also wouldn't necessarily classify it as "lazy' for someone to not bother VP capping if they have nothing to use from VP or to use VP that was thought useless until this week on offspec gear. I personally don't care, I've been at 3000 VP for like 6 months, but I do think it will cause concern if they push it in <3 weeks.

Also, if Bashiok's comment on the front page "Flat out: our production schedule & milestones are far more important than whatever else is happening in the industry." is actually true and not a bunch of BS, it's entirely possible that they really aren't delaying Alpha for Wildstar/planning to release it June 3. What if they did the 5.4.8 VP thing because they know that Alpha now won't even make the June 3 date?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Also, if Bashiok's comment on the front page "Flat out: our production schedule & milestones are far more important than whatever else is happening in the industry." is actually true and not a bunch of BS, it's entirely possible that they really aren't delaying Alpha for Wildstar/planning to release it June 3. What if they did the 5.4.8 VP thing because they know that Alpha now won't even make the June 3 date?
    "Far more important than" doesn't mean whatever else is happening is irrelevant. Folks at Blizz are always very careful with their language (or they try to be, at least - there were some stumbles after GC stepped down and others stepped up to fill the social media / forum void he left behind).

Obviously their own internal schedule is the most important, but if they can meet that while also countering other products, why wouldn't they ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know news are scarce when the vague tweets about the delay make the header of the news lol.

Don't worry chaud things will change soon!(tm)

The VP thing is completely unrelated to WoD (essentially). Its more math than anything of people not progressing at a fair pace. It's not like we got the VP upgrading in 5.1 and 5.3 for very long in those tiers. Point being: it doesn't indicate anything with timeline.

- - - Updated - - -

On Zarhym's statement itself: saying anything else was out of the question basically. Companies just don't say "yep, we want to launch to ruin X company." Even a non-answer could be construed as an acknowledgement. Even if they aren't planning to release it to coincide with Wildstar on purpose, that doesn't exclude it from launching on a particular date.

If his statement were to be taken at face value: Alpha would be just as likely to launch May 10 as June 3. If they truly didn't care, it wouldn't stop them from releasing around Wildstar. Its just that it would be a coincidence that it would.

- - - Updated - - -

On a related note: how long did it take for Jade Forest to be remade?

- - - Updated - - -

And on another related note: who does make the decisions to launch things and such? I get the impression in tweets sometimes they are barely more knowledgable on that than us. Specifically looking at Celestalon's tweets for example about not having a clue when next build is going up.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-05-17 at 02:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.