Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I'm beginning to think YOU'RE the person creating your own hype, Dohkidamo; especially considering how spot on none of your predictions have ever been.

For instance: your entire prediction for the next expansion was off except for predicting new character models. You hyped that to no end and no matter what had been revealed, you would've been let down unless it was Legion, new class, two new races, etc.

Sorry man, but unless you actually know how Blizzard works internally AND program/develop games yourself, stop acting like you understand a system you obviously can't even comprehend.

- - - Updated - - -

If anything I believe WoD is further along than Mists was when they first revealed it; same with presently.
    Slowpoke was explaining how he came be his impression that the game will be released later and why he doesn't expect a beta soon; he also compared his reasons for that belief to the reasons some people have sited for believing the beta will come by tomorrow.

There's no claim of absolute knowledge, just a simple statement that he is basing his opinion on information we all have about the game and its development while others are basing the "tomorrow" prediction off a less than a paragraph of information taken from social media sites that's been heavily read into.

He could certainly be wrong, but he has reasons for believing what he does beyond just wanting it really bad.

So what I'm gathering from the vague tweets of Rygarius, beta patch notes will be Friday?

Patch 5.4.7 will be Tuesday and beta Wednesday? I'm a little skeptical about it since everything seems very close together. But I could see it happening.

Deleted
    Anyone else noticed that Account Management on EU Battle.net has been down for 2+ hours now, I thought it was just a technical issue until I noticed that Armory and everything execpt for Account Management is still up and running like normal.

"We’ll be back soon! The Blizzard family of websites is currently undergoing maintenance to improve your browsing experience. Thank you for your patience!"

Updated: Seems to be back up now. Hope someone else noticed it was down for hours.
    Last edited by mmoc6a5a7ae332; 2014-02-14 at 12:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Connected realms. They take them down during the process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LostThunder View Post
    Anyone else noticed that Account Management on EU Battle.net has been down for 2+ hours now, I thought it was just a technical issue until I noticed that Armory and everything execpt for Account Management is still up and running like normal.

"We’ll be back soon! The Blizzard family of websites is currently undergoing maintenance to improve your browsing experience. Thank you for your patience!"
    US account management is up.

Quote Originally Posted by LostThunder View Post

I don't think it is anything to do with WOD. That happens every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Connected realms. They take them down during the process.
    There are no scheduled connections in the EU this week. But yeah it was probably some minor maintenance.

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL at the people expecting a beta this month, if we are lucky we will get it by may. At this point.

Rygarius' tweets from yesterday say his current focus is 5.4.7. On top of that, they are apparently having problems with the 90 boost not working properly on the PTR to the point they had to take it down to be worked on. They also apparently pushed a new PTR build today. It really sounds like they are still having issues with 5.4.7, and it might be at risk to not be ready for Tuesday.

Deleted
    i think these Connected Realms and soon Character Boosts in the shop are big mistakes... (pay to win) so many problem atm with server connections, disconnects, server downs etc... now noobies lvl 90 ruining heroic instances (lol i know hc instances are low but whatever) but raidfinder will be ... omg
    Last edited by mmoce60e506711; 2014-02-14 at 01:27 AM. Reason: added pay to win

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DerGottLoL View Post
    i think these Connected Realms and soon Character Boosts in the shop are big mistakes... (pay to win) so many problem atm with server connections, disconnects, server downs etc... now noobies lvl 90 ruining heroic instances (lol i know hc instances are low but whatever) but raidfinder will be ... omg
    Uhm. The level boosts, iirc, are for WoD. So they have 10 levels to learn how to play. It will be no different than it is now, except you can skip most of the really boring leveling content. Yay. Also it's not "pay to win." Even if you got level capped characters, which would be horrible, it's not pay2win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Connected realms are not pay 2 win.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Uhm. The level boosts, iirc, are for WoD. So they have 10 levels to learn how to play.
    And Blizzard already stated that the first few quests of WoD would work as a tutorial to teach you your rotation and spells.

While I do think the community will suffer a little from this feature like new players potentially not experiencing a self motivated sense of progression and achievement that one gets with their first character starting at level 1, however, the 90 boost will be extremely useful for old players coming back or people who just don't want to go through 1-90 for the umpteenth time.

If Blizzard manages to keep their promise on creating a scenario for players using the 90 boost that teaches them how to play their class and how to play the game in general then I can't see it causing too much trouble. New players aren't all brainless after all.

I think I would be 110% ok with this 90 boost if you had to have a level 90 toon to use it. But that does not seem to be the case, as this would negate veteran players from using it.

But Mr DergGottLOL, the 90 boost is in no way a pay to win feature. Its not max level and it does not give you heroic purples.
    Last edited by The Hero of Legend; 2014-02-14 at 01:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Connected realms are not pay 2 win.
    They are however a problem for many players at the moment. I've had to ensure I'm on a Locked Realm just to maintain the ability to redeem TCG Item's. That system's been broken with no fix since 5.4 for every realm thats been connected. (So no Feldrake's, No Rocket Mounts, None of the TCG Pets that sell with extreme ease are on the Connected Realms these days)

The above is of course off-topic. As is the post by DerGottLoL (A typical Pay 2 Win post that could potentially derail this entire thread)

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we not have this conversation in this thread and focus on grasping at straws for the beta?
    Ohio State Buckeye

Kalgan (Tom Chilton) just posted the "original" dev ideas for The Burning Crusade. Great stuff !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somnium View Post

Kalgan (Tom Chilton) just posted the "original" dev ideas for The Burning Crusade. Great stuff !
    Saw that lol, he finally tweeted its a miracle! His follower count has also went up insanely. I loved the image he posted about the ideas for BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnium View Post

Nice one! Glad to see his first post is a fantastic one! I think we're going to get some awesome behind the scenes stuff through twitter with all these devs joining.