Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Why even do it for something like that.. General anesthesia always has risks. I wanted to be put under when they were gonna perform surgery in my mouth to take out a wisdom tooth but was denied it due to the risks, they said they don't wanna put me at risk for such a minor procedure just because I was scared over it. Was given some valium instead to keep me calm during it.

I don't really see why it is even legal to have surgeries like this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Wow, that's cold. Just.. shame on you.
    Ive warned many times on this forum about vanity. I railed against jewelry, plastic surgery, breast augmentation, tanning, makeup, excessive muscle building, and tattoos. And yet every time Im told Im just a grumpy old man, and should go crawl in my hole. If people actually listened to me, things like this wouldnt happen. Vanity is one of the biggest wastes of people's money. All those things I listed have absolutely NO purpose other than vanity and are wastes of money that people could use for things that are actually important. The only exception is plastic surgery for functional reconstruction purposes

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Read the story.
    She had surgery but the medication/drugs she got weren't correct or something, which made her vitals drop and I assume her brain got oxygen starved which caused brain damage which left her in this state. Hasn't got anything to do with breast implants but risks of surgery (and bad medical team), every surgery comes with risks but cosmetic surgeries are often not needed to be healthy. One can argue that a person can be clinically ill from low self esteem but honestly I think that's a BS excuse.
    The parents are claiming she got the wrong drugs. The doctors are claiming they weren't made aware that she had had a negative reaction to anesthesia in the past during delivery of her child. We'll see which side ends up being proven out in court.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Stupid girl / parents not giving enough info to doctors.
    More news at 11.
    A GOOD parent wouldnt have even let her get the procedure done. They wouldve raised her to not give a shit about what other people think of her

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Ive warned many times on this forum about vanity. I railed against jewelry, plastic surgery, breast augmentation, tanning, makeup, excessive muscle building, and tattoos. And yet every time Im told Im just a grumpy old man, and should go crawl in my hole. If people actually listened to me, things like this wouldnt happen. Vanity is one of the biggest wastes of people's money. All those things I listed have absolutely NO purpose other than vanity and are wastes of money that people could use for things that are actually important. The only exception is plastic surgery for functional reconstruction purposes

So.. what isn't a waste of time, then? Care to explain. Because a lot of common things, and even things that almost every rich person does belong in the same 'vanity' category.

dont give the docs all the info... this on her and her family.... sad but their own fault. As to worth it nor thats an individual choice. I know if surgery would help with my issues i'd do it in a heart beat assuming i had the $$$.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    According to you diet and exercise leads to a miserable life and early death, excuse us if we take your advice with a pinch of salt.

That's like saying the EU is bad because poor corrupted countries like Greece faked their way in and suffered for it, just an example.

Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    As a woman with a... heavy chest, all the girls whining that they want their bigger are nuts. Breasts are HEAVY. They strain your shoulders and back, especially back. Bras only help so much. That's the only reason I frown on augmentation, the surgery itself is bad enough but now you're gonna strain your back too, all because society pressures you to feel you are nothing without them.
    Next morning: 1000 friend requests.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    The parents are claiming she got the wrong drugs. The doctors are claiming they weren't made aware that she had had a negative reaction to anesthesia in the past during delivery of her child. We'll see which side ends up being proven out in court.
    Yeah I read that as well.
    Just going by the information and my understanding of the story this is what happened:
    18yr old "poor" mom with smaller boobs than she wants see's a clinic offering a boob job for 1/3 of the cost.
    Lies about past medical history because her medical problems would make her unable to get the cheap boob job.
    Ends up in a coma, sues the clinic.

Anyone else?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cosmetic surgery is wasteful, vain, and foolish. End of story.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

I would never get surgery unless I absolutely needed it, and I would NEVER get anything cosmetic. I almost look down on people that do. What's wrong with accepting what you're born with?

Shame what happened to her though. Reminds me of the girl that was getting her tonsils out and had a similar thing happen.

Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    As a woman with a... heavy chest, all the girls whining that they want their bigger are nuts. Breasts are HEAVY. They strain your shoulders and back, especially back. Bras only help so much. That's the only reason I frown on augmentation, the surgery itself is bad enough but now you're gonna strain your back too, all because society pressures you to feel you are nothing without them.
    A close friend of mine had DDs all the way through middle school. Everyone made fun of her when she clearly had no choice in the matter. She finally had to get them reduced surgically when she was in high school or risk having serious back problems. I don't understand why anyone would want bigger ones, they're a hassle to begin with.
    Last edited by Nillah; 2014-02-05 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Cosmetic surgery is wasteful, vain, and foolish. End of story.
    Not in every case but the vast majority yes. People who've lost noses, jaws, fingers, severe burn damages and a lot of other things owe their recovery to a "healthy" look to cosmetic surgeons. Wanting bigger boobs, ass cheeks, thinner nose or whatever because it's closer to the "perfect look" is disgusting.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Not in every case but the vast majority yes. People who've lost noses, jaws, fingers, severe burn damages and a lot of other things owe their recovery to a "healthy" look to cosmetic surgeons. Wanting bigger boobs, ass cheeks, thinner nose or whatever because it's closer to the "perfect look" is disgusting.
    Correction - It is your opinion. Not standing fact.

Striving for a overall more perfect look ideal could might as well be seen as progressive strength.

OT : Shit happens, bad doctors. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    as someone who would much rather see tiny chests over huge breasts, I say this can only be configured as a double tragedy:

1 - the woman was left in that state;

2 - small breasts are perceived as something that needs to be "fixed" with surgery.
    This. But I also have to add...why is it a tragedy only to beautiful people...? It'd be horrible regardless of how the person looks...

Wow, that's cold. Just.. shame on you.
    Unsuprising though, he says things like that a lot.

Coma was caused by the surgery, not the implants. And calling people 'vain' or 'stupid' for hating the way they look and wanting to change is just pathetic and narrow sighted.

By that standard you should NEVER shave your face because you MIGHT cut yourself, and if you do shave then you're vain and recklessly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    Correction - It is your opinion. Not standing fact.

Striving for a overall more perfect look ideal could might as well be seen as progressive strength.

OT : Shit happens, bad doctors. Really.
    How is it progressive strength when the body image of today, especially for women, is extremely unhealthy and is based on a body-type? It's literally impossible for some people to even look close to that simply because of genetics. And I mean otherwise visually appealing people.

It is not healthy to have the body image that media shoves down people's throats, it is not progressive, but regressive, and it's promoting weakness overall.

15+ Year Old Account
    I concur. The blatant apathy here is reaching critical mass.
    Internet carebear squad to the rescue

Before any procedure the patient is quizzed on their history after being identified, this way they can give informed consent for the procedure after it is explained to them. So, she obviously didn't mention her previous reaction to painkillers, and the doctors didn't have the info either. So it could be a number of people responsible for documentation along the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    How is it progressive strength when the body image of today, especially for women, is extremely unhealthy and is based on a body-type? It's literally impossible for some people to even look close to that simply because of genetics. And I mean otherwise visually appealing people.

It is not healthy to have the body image that media shoves down people's throats, it is not progressive, but regressive, and it's promoting weakness overall.
    I wouldn't call it unnecessarily unhealthy. At least the way you are describing things. I believe you're thinking anorexic and not skinny. ._.

Internet carebear squad to the rescue
    Yeah how dare us for having some empathy.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi