Poll: Divine Aegis to proc only in combat?

Deleted

Divine Aegis in combat only

Divine Aegis

As an experienced disc priest (playing it since wotlk), I disliked the way they changed it from a "150%heal + 30%absorb" to a "100%heal + 100%absorb + %mastery".

The point is that in non-combat situations, absorbing effects are useless. This means that it takes you more to fully heal a target because every healing crit proc shields instead of double healing.

Maybe it's battle fatigue that annoys really. But my suggestion was to make Divine Aegis working only in combat states, and in non-combat you just proc the double heal.

Please vote the poll only if you understand this argument.

Mod-note: As a poster pointed out, I will move this to the right forum.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-02-06 at 08:10 AM.

Like your other ideas.
    Worthless.
    Happy?
    Now please take some time to plan an "idea"

Warning, please keep posts constructive.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-02-06 at 08:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnol Sinep View Post
    Like your other ideas.
    Worthless.
    Happy?
    Now please take some time to plan an "idea"
    Hey you again. It's fun to have a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    Hey you again. It's fun to have a fan.
    No please, this game doesnt need more streamlining, thats a drawback with disc since it uses alot of absorbs.
    Every spec doesnt need to be optimal for every damned thing.

I actually like to stack if before we pull a boss.. why would I want that removed?
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you have to heal efficiently anyway when out of combat?

10+ Year Old Account
    The DA change was a pretty large nerf overall to disc priests. It was actually from 200% normal heal+30% extra, with that 30% extra benefiting from mastery, to 100% normal+100% extra, with both portions benefiting from mastery. So lets say 240% down to 220%. Of course, it also made disc much, MUCH better at their bubble niche, providing they had the neccesary crit amount.

OP, if you are talking about PvP stuff, just reroll holy. Better damage, better healing, AND you have chastise.
    Last edited by Raugnaut; 2014-02-06 at 02:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

This should be in the priest forum.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I like to pre-shield with it, so no.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'm retarded or an incredibly bad priest but I only "pre shield" with shell, on *certain* encounters, why do you think this change would "all of a sudden" make discs on par with other healers? (Basically, it won't)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Maybe I'm retarded or an incredibly bad priest but I only "pre shield" with shell, on *certain* encounters, why do you think this change would "all of a sudden" make discs on par with other healers? (Basically, it won't)
    It wasn't a suggestion to make them "on par", it was a suggestion to allow them to heal up to full without casting twice as many heals when not in combat. Idea still sucks (except maybe as a glyph), but at least understand the argument before you respond.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh this is a pvp topic, my bad then, because this made zero sense to me on a pve perspective.