Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Kinda shocked the numbers went up, especially with how tight lipped they are being about WoD and/or the beta

interesting news. I would love to know how it went up.

Impresive, maybe we are reaching a balance?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol how can that be

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    interesting news. I would love to know how it went up.
    WoD Hype, people excited for Warlords are getting back into the game. I was one of them. Though I unsubbed once I did everything I could.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you paying attention, dooms and gloomers?

Don't look so smug! I know what you're thinking, but these subscription numbers are merely a set back.

The subs went UP?

Wow... I consider myself optimistic and was totally expect a minor loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only pleases me to shut up the haters lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    The subs went UP?

Wow... I consider myself optimistic and was totally expect a minor loss.
    Same. That's how I reacted.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Well I'll add this to the list of things I didnt see comming.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    They are not allowed to lie to investors, that is illegal. They haven't been afraid to mention sub losses before either.
    It's not lying per se. They can spin numbers any way they want. Like how they include China in their subscription count when there are no subscriptions in China. They include time cards, and there has been great debate on the grey area of including them since even a buck left on the card counts. Who is going to check them on this? Is there a sub police?

Sure, it's realistic to think that with the last tier, you'd see a spike. That right now is when the free fall is happening. That the next two quarter reports are going to be pretty bad. I still don't trust them. Considering the number manipulation going on in the info graphic. The stuff they flat out lie to us about (Pandas are just for toys not an expansion!). Yeah, I don't buy it. I don't think they have anywhere close to 7.8.

I don't know why I'm happier, because WoW is in a good state or because it spites the haters. Probably the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    You look down on casual and new players, but you get offended when someone tells you the truth?
    We all know who has to grow up here...

Typical victim routine. As the 'WoW is dead' type of person, he's used to being on the offense. Now that he really has nothing to be smug over, no numbers to call out to say 'HEY WOW IS DYING LOLOLO!', he resorts to the defensive victim routine, reporting anyone who doesn't agree with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    It's not lying per se. They can spin numbers any way they want. Like how they include China in their subscription count when there are no subscriptions in China. They include time cards, and there has been great debate on the grey area of including them since even a buck left on the card counts. Who is going to check them on this? Is there a sub police?

Sure, it's realistic to think that with the last tier, you'd see a spike. That right now is when the free fall is happening. That the next two quarter reports are going to be pretty bad. I still don't trust them. Considering the number manipulation going on in the info graphic. The stuff they flat out lie to us about (Pandas are just for toys not an expansion!). Yeah, I don't buy it. I don't think they have anywhere close to 7.8.
    It's not lying. They wouldn't spin the numbers. You are grasping at straws.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    To people rejoicing the revival of WoW, take a step back and realize;

a. This is only TO December 31st. 2014. WoW had alot of reduced prices then and SoO was still pretty fresh.

b. Subs will drop dramatically once people get bored of SoO. Expect next quarter to be a heavy loss. If blizzard thinks it will survive with these numbers for the next 6 months without content they'll be delusional.

Have you guys even seen the Christmas/Black Friday sales for WoW? It was basically $30 USD for WoW + MoP. Add that and Christmas vacation, it's no surprise

Any company wants to end strong in a 4th quarter - that's when people spend most of their money

Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    WoD hype. That is all.
    Well duh. But that doesn't change the fact that 200k people have seen a reason to return in preparation for WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    SOO launch
    Hearthstone Open Beta
    WOD announcement

lots of bandages and the fanboys are out in full force now..
    So basicly you're saying that "IF" blizzard announces anything related to WC universe it is a bandage for wow? Please go back to Swtor or Rift where ya came from. You just lost an argument you've been bragging about for last the quarter, Does that feel bad when your aspergers-syndrome doesnt get recognised?

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    I think there's a legal obligation to not lie during earnings calls. You might wanna re-evaluate that statement.
    They are no allowed to lie about their revenue. I've never seen any law that mentions sub count.