Maximizing Heroic Protectors - Need Critiques

Looking for specific class suggestions to maximize after a 4% wipe. Logs below. Our mage left after first hour due to illness, difference between his dps and the rogue who replaced him means we would have killed it, hopefully he is back tonight but in case would like to find areas to improve. 33% uptime on lifebloom from resto druid being an example.

We spent all of tuesday night working on heroic protectors. We are 3 healing, doing Rook - Sun - He.

Strat being used:

Hero off the pull, cleave off all three, push Rook. Interrupt chain on Gloom, we seem to finally have this down, multi dotters go nuts.
    Burn sun, He tank stays away due to poison, rook comes in and cleave off Sun. Stack in bubble. melee have only 1-2 adds as adds are away with tanks on bigs adds. We need to have rook tank on edge of bubble facing away.
    DPS He on Sun, rook wanders away for Clash. Toss mark to dk, then hunter, then mage, then mage.
    Rinse and repeat.

Wipe to enrage:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...s=9741&e=10352

All wipes:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...pes&boss=71475

Any help, suggestions much appreciated. I am the dk, I have changed to dual wielding now that I have a second 1H in hopes that helps. Yes I need to AMS and soul reap more.

Don't tank He away..just move out of poison, it really isn't hard. We had that problem..then I just took He and stuck him in the middle of everything and told everyone to wake up and stop being bad/standing in poison, and then we killed it by a mile. Consider putting the mark on a healer for some time, will speed up its death. (Resto druid with Ursoc and stuff). Also, during bubble phase, I just pop my Fort Brew and run over to 1 of the adds outside the bubble, to allow cleave off of the adds onto He. It is small opportunities to cleave whenever you have the chance that add up over time and you'll notice your kill times getting shorter and shorter.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, your tanks dps are low..I'm not comparing myself, cause I do have more gear and I am a monk, but on that fight I'm pushing upwards of 350k, not 130-160k, which is pretty low.

Here is our raids kill a few weeks ago: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j.../?s=709&e=1090

- - - Updated - - -

Your druid also only used Berserk ONCE and Son of Ursoc twice..could've used Berserk 2 more times, and Ursoc 1 more.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious if you guys do Rook, Sun, He or transition Sun and He at the same time? We just started heroics this week and took a few shots at Protectors but the strats are all over the place.

Just did a fast check but seems your hunter could up his dot uptime(small increase, or mby he didn't multidot?).

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I'm curious if you guys do Rook, Sun, He or transition Sun and He at the same time? We just started heroics this week and took a few shots at Protectors but the strats are all over the place.
    We transition them separately we did try the two together, the mark of anguish in the bubble wasn't as great as everyone suggested or we did it wrong.

Thanks RuneeBH will talk to tanks, BergErr will talk to hunter we just need a bit more dps so every bit counts.

Your paladin's SotR uptime is atrocious. He's either spamming eternal flame or just not hitting his buttons. His consecration usage also seems very low. 1 tanking it is also pretty simple if one of the tanks has ~565 ilvl and you can't get enough dps even with the bosses stacked full time.

I can help with your Rogue.

Firstly, he's playing Mut. He has AoC and a decent ilvl, so assuming he has one decent 2.6 weapon, he should be playing Combat on this fight (and probably every fight; it's just better than Mut with the appropriate gear). Combat has BF, which lets you cleave the whole fight.

If he insists on continuing to play Mut, he can improve:

Rupture uptime. Rupture is the very first thing he should put up on any target. He's consistently below 50% uptime while it should be very near 100%. He should also be multidotting with it on this fight: keep it rolling on all 3 Protectors. This alone should give a significant DPS boost because Rupt does more damage than Env and returns energy due to VW. Glyph of Redirect makes Rupt multi-dotting easier.

He sometimes uses CT. Don't. Env+FoK is more DPS in a pure AoE situation. Rupt multi-dotting is better at lower numbers of targets too.

Stop standing in Posion. He took significant damage from this most pulls.

Feint Calamity. He almost died from this a few times. Feint makes it hit for basically nothing even if he has SW:B on him.

When holding the Mark of Anguish, he can roll CR, then Evasion, then CoS before tossing it (make sure he tosses with a few seconds left on CoS—it hits really hard at the end). This will allow him to hold onto it longer, if necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slak View Post
    We transition them separately we did try the two together, the mark of anguish in the bubble wasn't as great as everyone suggested or we did it wrong.

Thanks RuneeBH will talk to tanks, BergErr will talk to hunter we just need a bit more dps so every bit counts.
    The benefit isn't the fact that you do mark in the bubble, the benefit is that you don't have to deal with garrote/poisons during the bubble phase.

Just make sure the Anguish is positoned properly and people can nuke him down, cleaving off of him to bring down Sun's adds simultaneously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneeBH View Post
    Also, your tanks dps are low..I'm not comparing myself, cause I do have more gear and I am a monk, but on that fight I'm pushing upwards of 350k, not 130-160k, which is pretty low.

Here is our raids kill a few weeks ago: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j.../?s=709&e=1090
    310k =/= 350k.
    More to the topic you cannot really compare the tank dmg as they are tanking the separated. He softfoot should be tanked next to the Sun Tenderheart all the time unless He has noxious poison active, otherwise it is just a dps loss. Same goes for rook, Tank him next to the Sun facing him out of the raid and when Clash CD is coming up kite him away from raid. Also at your enrage pull you actually had 2 people dying to Rook's keg throw which should never happen.

Transitioning He and Sun at the same time does simplify the fight a lot if you are able to get a good rotation going with the mark of anquish. What we do is we put our 4 dps + 1 healer who are good at holding the mark in group 2 and then the people call out on Mumble who they are throwing it to next. Everyone cleaves off that big add onto the little adds. This means that you will not have any poison puddles in the bubble and you also will not have any garrotes. The high damage that the person with the mark is getting is very predictable if communication is good and easy to heal through as long as people don't try to hold onto the mark for too long. Another benefit of this is that Sun will be out of her desperate measure phase for a slightly shorter time which means you will get less Calamity casts. One important thing for the tanks to remember is that if the little adds are still up when the He desperate measures end you do need to check what poison the boss has. If he is leaving the puddles on the ground then you need to be very careful with the positioning so that the raid doesn't get a lot of puddles in the bubble.

In the end the fight is all about execution. Practise the desperate measures phases and when you can get through them without deaths you just need to rinse and repeat.

This is just for your enrage wipe.

Your prot palas rotation is wrong. (And hes hitting his abilities really slowly)

Normal rotation is to prio CS over judgement but hes using judgement more. (Check the full one in the prot pala sticky in the pala section).

Also, being conservative and estimating he has lowish haste his CS cooldown would be ~3.5sec. That means in 10 minutes he could whack out ~170 CS. He did 92. Hes losing out on a LOT of holy power generating opportunities and holy power lets him use shield of the righteous more (his uptime on that was really unacceptably bad).
    If he can fix his rotation and mash those buttons faster his damage and survivability will improve.

In general his cooldown usage looks decent though.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tank them closer together and cleave them as much as possible. Even He when he has noxious poison up. If you do the order Rook > He > Sun then you really shouldn't have a problem. Noxious poison goes away once you push He, so all you have to do is make sure that he isn't in the exact middle of the room after you're finished He's special phase (assuming he has Noxious).

Looking at try 19:
    Emmy needs to make sure they use AA virtually on CD to maximize 2 set tier bonus. It has a 30 sec CD and they only used it 8 times. Spirit shell was misused. It should be used in conjunction with AA and/or inner focus. It can completely mitigate calamity and inferno strike when timed properly. Atonement atonement atonement! Holy fire, smite and penance were all very low. Atonement is smart healing and is super efficient. Rarely should you need to cast PoH in a 10 man setting outside of stacking spirit shell. Binding heal or atonement are better choices the majority of the time.

As a disc priest you have to be prepared to atonement heal in 10 man. One of the best reasons to bring a disc priest is the dps output they can add to the group and the damage mitigation. Being able to pump out significant damage without sacrificing healing is crazy. It's not uncommon to see 45-50 million damage done for this fight as a healer. When pushing enrage, that's a big deal.

Aurabelle used ironbark 2 times. It has a 1 minute CD and is huge damage mitigation. Put it on the tanks, on mark of anguish targets, garote targets, etc. You already identified the lifebloom issue, which leads into the OoC procs for free heals.

I would suggest saving hero/bloodlust for either rook's first or second desperate measures cycle (we did 2nd). The raid stacks on sorrow, gloom moves over to group after first interrupt which allows for cleave between the two. People with sha sear move out and back in after cast is done. Being able to get out of one of those phases quickly was very nice. Best of luck!
    Last edited by Sakamae; 2014-02-06 at 11:34 PM.

Deleted
    We find Rook, He, Sun to be easier, but your order is fine too. Your order will result in higher damage from Sun's dots and Calamity, and lower damage from He's garrote. This is because there will be a longer period of time between the last Sun phase and the kill. Basically:

Rook, He, Sun
    High Calamity and SWB damage during He phase
    High Garrote damage during Rook phase
    High Garrote damage near kill

Rook, Sun, He
    High Calamity and SWB damage during Rook phase
    High Garrote damage during Sun phase
    High Calamity and SWB damage near kill

Garrote is much easier to deal with than Calamity and SWB IMO, especially since you can remove it with HoP. So if you have more problems surviving Rook phase than He phase, it would make sense to use the order where Rook phase damage is lower and He is higher.

Just some general tips:

Paladins can remove garrote with Hand of Protection. Have your paladin pick up Clemency and remove them during the fight. It's preferable to do it after He's desperation, because desperation clears all garrote.

Sun's Calamity aoe damage increases with each cast, so it'll be at it's highest just before you go into Sun phase. You'll want to use raid cooldowns for the big calamitys, especially the one that comes during Rook's desperation phase (with your kill order). Sun phase resets the Calamity damage and removes all Sun dots.

You can take Rook outside the bubble just before his clash timer is about to go off (roughly where the add is). This will cause him to charge to a location outside the bubble, and no one inside will get hit by the spinning kick. Otherwise you should keep both bosses and all adds inside and aoe everything.
    Last edited by mmoc7960b93d6c; 2014-02-07 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    Paladins can remove garrote
    as can dwarves.

We stacked more, brought our highest dps and it died in under an hour tonight, thanks all