Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

If Blizzard really wants to encourage world PvP ...

They should make all the faction leaders drop a gear token and buff both the leaders and the guards heavily to avoid "win trading."

they should make pvp gear and pve gear have the same item level.

heroic gear=same item level as 2200+ pvp gear.
    normal raid gear=same as current season conquest gear
    flex=previous seasons honor gear
    lfr=crafted gear

I've always thought something with the Achievement system would be a good idea to promote world PvP.

Like some kind of world PvP Warlord achievement to get honorable kills on X number of enemy players in each zone (include hostile, contested, and friendly zones). When you meet the requirements for each zone on a continent, you'd get like Eastern Kingdoms Warlord, Kalimdor Warlord, Outland Warlord, etc (not actual titles but just for progress tracking). Once you've done it in every zone in WoW, you get a title, mount, or some other cool prize.

I don't know how much that would help, but achievements and titles generally get people motivated to do stuff.

Deleted
    I honestly think capital raids sucks and aren't fun in any way, that's too messy to be enjoyable.
    As said above, I just think they should make PvP gear as powerful as PvE gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see them do something to the faction leaders. There's no reason to even go to the opposing cities as it is outside of bragging rights.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more War in World of Warcraft.

But Blizzard likes wpvp being dead.

and I agree that pvp ilvl needs to be on par with pve gear.

They could try again to get a PvP/PvE environment back. Kinda like how AV used to be.

Also a zone that scales gear down to a certain iLv. It won't be the most efficient way to gear up but it will be less depressing than trying to gear up a new alt for PvP.

All you have to do to make WPvP popular is to add conquest points to kills.

If you want PvP gear to have the same ilvl as PvE gear then the PvP power must also be minus PvE power. They want PvP gear to be the best fore PvP and PvE gear the best for PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Or, they would get rid of all instanced PvP?
    Ya the true reason for Wold PvP dying, Was the introduction of instanced PvP.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrd View Post
    they should make pvp gear and pve gear have the same item level.

heroic gear=same item level as 2200+ pvp gear.
    normal raid gear=same as current season conquest gear
    flex=previous seasons honor gear
    lfr=crafted gear
    This would probably be the best thing.

They already know what to do to make world pvp happen again and theyre doing it in the first patch of WoD.

The #1 thing to do is make world PvP give comparable or better honour than instanced PvP

They should give stealth to every class, stealth that doesn't break until your first hit or until your first cast is finished.

I'd be a lot more inclined to start a fight if I got a 2-3 second head start against counter classes.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by orioxez View Post
    They already know what to do to make world pvp happen again and theyre doing it in the first patch of WoD.
    This. Nothing needs changed except flying mount removal and PvP gear being equal to PvE gear, not including the PvP stats. Well, and giving people places to be out in the world, rather than sitting in the capitol city all day. That always helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Ya the true reason for Wold PvP dying, Was the introduction of instanced PvP.
    But then again that world PvP we had was so shit people would've abondoned it in a flash no matter what alternative they came up with.

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    This would probably be the best thing.
    It messes with Blizzard's difficulty curve too much for something they already plan on fixing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just do a daily realm-wide event where, choosing among those currently online, the system randomly selects a player name (if player leaves at any time a new name is selected). This person has a bounty on their head. Whoever finds and gets the kill gets the rewards. Make it for a certain amount of time... if the target manages to eludes all for the entire period (without logging out), they win a reward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    I honestly think capital raids sucks and aren't fun in any way, that's too messy to be enjoyable.
    As said above, I just think they should make PvP gear as powerful as PvE gear.
    And here is the example of someone who never played the first 3 expansions of Wow properly... it was epic, it was fun and it contributed to real faction rivalry on every realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    And here is the example of someone who never played the first 3 expansions of Wow properly... it was epic, it was fun and it contributed to real faction rivalry on every realm.
    I played since Vanilla and I thought capital raids were just a bit of a shitfest, especially if your PC wasn't great.

World PvP does not need bribes or rewards.
    It developed initially because of fun.
    That is why it can't return to that, because players expect something out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Well it isn't the first 3 expansions anymore. I don't think you could bring back the "good" old days with the way the "community" is these days.