Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post

Really dont like where this is going, looks like they stuffing her before sacrefice. Didnt they learn that alliance some players will never be happy and you can just stop trying to please them ?
    I feel like this will be the entirety of the Forsaken's response if that "Sylvanas is nuts, gotta kill her" expansion people always rave about actually happens someday.

I see this less as Blizzard adding powers to Sylvanas's arsenal and more clarifying that she does have abilities we haven't seen her use yet. Like I said, I've always felt like she should be able to do more as the queen of banshees beyond her usual banshee wail.

Also, isn't she supposed to have all kinds of crazy dark ranger powers we haven't seen her use in WoW either?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripeyhat View Post
    Also, isn't she supposed to have all kinds of crazy dark ranger powers we haven't seen her use in WoW either?
    Yeah she really isn't all that keen on using them then, seeing how often she gets her ass handed to her on a platter.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Give Gilneas back to the Worgen, hillsbrad back into an actual contested state, and give them some in-game ALLIANCE story and I could care less if we never heard a peep out of Sylvanas again.
    You know i could get into that entire "Making amount of zones equal", "Hillsbrad was disconected from alliance leveling flow", "We really dont need more leveling zones", "People saying that gilneas was waste of resources that could be invested into endgame" and "Alliance just invaded enemy capital" Thing. But why should i ?
    You some players simply will never be happy.

Deleted
    Yeah she really isn't all that keen on using them then, seeing how often she gets her ass handed to her on a platter.
    You mean like five times over the course of 12 years (two of those being defeats to Arthas)? Doesn't seem that bad to me. Especially considering she kicked the teeth out of Thassarian's Andorhal offensive, subjugated the Gilneans in Silverpine despite her very temporary death and now owns the majority of northern EK.

Deleted
    I always saw Sylvannas as having parallels with Vlad von Carstein from Warhammer Fantasy. Not so much in their origins, but more in how they got shit done. Vlad would die during most battles, but he would always come back in a day or two and butcher whoever had the audacity to kill him. Sylv has died five times now, she still comes back and has managed to increase Forsaken territory in Norther E.K.

The main difference between the two is that Vlad, at least, had one redeeming feature, his compassion for his wife Isabella. Sylv doesn't really have that, or it hasn't been shown in any meaningful way since TBC (her feelings for her sisters).

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    But why? They aren't part of her.
    Cause it's magic or something I dunno.

I'm just waiting on the day that the Forsaken Expansion actually happens and Horde/Alliance kill off Sylvanas. I hope the Forsaken become the long awaited third faction and I'm able to rise up against your factions for killing the last of the developed characters.

Deleted
    There won't be a third playable faction in WoW. And Sylvanas won't be killed. Actually one of the best chars in this game, and one of the few female ones.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    There won't be a third playable faction in WoW. And Sylvanas won't be killed. Actually one of the best chars in this game, and one of the few female ones.
    Well I was just talking out of my ass mostly. But you know this is how things will go.

>Sylvanas is killed off
    Alliance: TOO MUCH HORDE LORE
    Horde: GOOD, I HATE OUR LEADERS

>Sylvanas isn't killed off
    Alliance: WHERE IS OUR ALLIANCE LORE?
    Horde: GOD, I HATE SYLVANAS

>Forsaken Players, Kosak, and few individuals over Sylvanas
    Well I really enjoy her, she's one of the best developed characters and improves the story a lot!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfBakedCake View Post
    >Forsaken Players, Kosak, and few individuals over Sylvanas
    Well I really enjoy her, she's one of the best developed characters and improves the story a lot!
    Honestly, if it weren't for the Forsaken and Sylvanas I'd have much less interest in the WoW lore. It's one of the main reasons I enjoy playing.

Anyway, doesn't matter. Sylvanas won't die. My bet is on her either ascending into some kind of Val'kyr-like being somehow or some kind of redemption (I'm aware that's not a popular idea among some Forsaken players but they can't stay an army of doom bent on world domination forever. It's not realistic to expect the other racial leaders to stand for it. She's only gotten away with it for this long because of Garrosh's leadership). Kosak may have said there is a reckoning on the way but that doesn't mean she'll end up dead.

alliance heroes go neutral.
    horde heroes become bosses.
    alliance favoritism. i rather have my heroes go neutral then become bosses. i am sick of horde losing heroes. the alliance should feel the pain once and awhile.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    alliance favoritism. i rather have my heroes go neutral then become bosses. i am sick of horde losing heroes. the alliance should feel the pain once and awhile.
    I wouldn't mind if we went to kill Varian and Sylvannas became neutral. She could go with the Ebon Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I wouldn't mind if we went to kill Varian and Sylvannas became neutral. She could go with the Ebon Blade.
    i rather kill malfurion. slyvanas can stay horde. Ebon blade can take koltira back. useless idiot.

Honestly, if it weren't for the Forsaken and Sylvanas I'd have much less interest in the WoW lore. It's one of the main reasons I enjoy playing.

Anyway, doesn't matter. Sylvanas won't die. My bet is on her either ascending into some kind of Val'kyr-like being somehow or some kind of redemption (I'm aware that's not a popular idea among some Forsaken players but they can't stay an army of doom bent on world domination forever. It's not realistic to expect the other racial leaders to stand for it. She's only gotten away with it for this long because of Garrosh's leadership). Kosak may have said there is a reckoning on the way but that doesn't mean she'll end up dead.
    I agree wholeheartedly, while I do like the Forsaken the way they are, I wouldn't mind a change of pace sometimes, because it's character developement. I really wish the reckoning would be her using Trollbane against Vol'jin (who I like), and then becoming Warchief and redeeming the Horde itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    I would rather have alliance heroes die as alliance than go neutral.

I have an all white cat, a female, appropriately named Lady Sylvanas, she is the banshee queen

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    I would rather have alliance heroes die as alliance than go neutral.
    at least they will still be alive if neutral.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean like five times over the course of 12 years (two of those being defeats to Arthas)? Doesn't seem that bad to me. Especially considering she kicked the teeth out of Thassarian's Andorhal offensive, subjugated the Gilneans in Silverpine despite her very temporary death and now owns the majority of northern EK.
    Well let's compare that to the other racial leaders.

Hmmm...
    Garrosh was beaten once, by 10-25 of Azeroth's greatest heroes
    Thrall was temporarily bested by Garrosh
    Jaina was bested by Arthas
    Vol'jin was stabbed

...yeah, that's it. Mekkatorque has kicked more ass than Sylvannas.

Sylvannas was beaten by Arthas and Killed
    Sylvannas was kicked out of her own damn city by two whole guys operating right under her nose
    Sylvannas was beaten by Arthas... again
    Sylvannas angsted herself off of ICC and died
    Sylvannas had her ass handed to her by the Gilnean people
    Sylvannas was killed by Godfrey (another guy operating right under her nose)

Her military "victories" are nothing but complete and utter plot armor. The Worgen defeated the Forsaken on every single front in Gilneas. They bested her lieutenants, PERSONALLY defeated her, and crashed an airship right into her army. She was losing the offensive in Andorhal bitterly until Blizzard decided they wanted her to win. (And not even to another Racial Leader; just to a lieutenant.) "Oh, you killed her Val'kyr? Just kidding, she has MORE!"

She's a poorly written character who's already gotten more attention than she ever deserved.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Well let's compare that to the other racial leaders.

Hmmm...
    Garrosh was beaten once, by 10-25 of Azeroth's greatest heroes
    Thrall was temporarily bested by Garrosh
    Jaina was bested by Arthas
    Vol'jin was stabbed

...yeah, that's it. Mekkatorque has kicked more ass than Sylvannas.

Sylvannas was beaten by Arthas and Killed
    Sylvannas was kicked out of her own damn city by two whole guys operating right under her nose
    Sylvannas was beaten by Arthas... again
    Sylvannas angsted herself off of ICC and died
    Sylvannas had her ass handed to her by the Gilnean people
    Sylvannas was killed by Godfrey (another guy operating right under her nose)

Her military "victories" are nothing but complete and utter plot armor. The Worgen defeated the Forsaken on every single front in Gilneas. They bested her lieutenants, PERSONALLY defeated her, and crashed an airship right into her army. She was losing the offensive in Andorhal bitterly until Blizzard decided they wanted her to win. (And not even to another Racial Leader; just to a lieutenant.) "Oh, you killed her Val'kyr? Just kidding, she has MORE!"

She's a poorly written character who's already gotten more attention than she ever deserved.
    Are you serious? You are aren't you. Ok, anyone who ever does anything in the WoW story does so because Blizzard decide they want them to. There is literally no other cause for any of this. Varian is fond of seafood and cider because Blizzard want him to be, Jaina is dating Kalecgos because Blizzard want her to, Mankrik's wife died because Blizzard wanted her to and Sylvanas now owns the majority of northern EK because Blizzard want her to. Why else do you think any of this is happening?

"That's it"? Is it really? That tiny handful of racial leaders you listed is "it"? Hah! Sure, right let's talk about Mekkatorque for just a second shall we? He was tricked by his friend into nuking his own people and leaving the survivors with no other choice but exile, he sat around doing nothing for years before attempting to take back Gnomeregan but was tricked by his friend for a second time and failed. The only thing Mekkatorque has participated in that could be considered a victory is the Siege of Orgimmar and he still barely did anything. I know blindly swinging your grudge for Sylvanas around is fun and all but try to do your research. I'm not about to sit here and list everything you missed but maybe next time include the fact that Garrosh was losing his fight against Cairne before the latter succumbed to poison and probably would have died there if not for Magatha? That's a good one.

If I recall correctly Sylvanas took Silverpine from the Worgen guerillas by kidnapping Lorna Crowley having deduced her father's refusal to allow any harm to come to her from the fact that he hadn't even turned her into a Worgen to prevent undeath like he had everyone else. She used his love for his daughter against him. Success. She denied Thassarian's imminent victory in Andorhal by raising Alliance dead and using Scourge tactics to force them into retreat. All this while Koltira was trying his best to hand the town to the Alliance on a silver platter. Oh, and that's one borderline treasonous Milquetoast she handily discovered and purged from her forces too. Success.

Many of her failings in Cataclysm primarily come from the fact that she was unluckily the bad guy in an Alliance starting area. A starting area's purpose being to make the player feel awesome about the race they picked. In every single one of them the enemies are cartoonishly evil and mostly incompetent because they're there to be punching bags for the hero player characters while they're still in their training wheels. We're lucky Sylvanas was able to accomplish what she did there in reducing Gilneas to a wartorn, plague-ridden pile of rubble instead of being made to be even more of a fool to nurse the Worgen player's ego. Oh, and it's been established that Sylvanas only has a few major, pact-bound Val'kyr (the only ones capable of rezzing her) but they are able to spawn lesser Val'kyr to do the grunt work.
    Last edited by mmocd0aa9c1512; 2014-02-09 at 12:21 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Panda death knights?
    This gives me shivers.
    For the love of baby Jesus... It's pretty damn obvious that Sylvanas is going to be a villain. The only problem is how many cool lore characters have to die in the process, and how much stuff they stomp over to try and write her into being angsty-undead-Garrosh-with-boobs.

Hate her. Hate her character. Hate her "powers." Hate her undeserved attitude. Hate the fact that she wont stay dead, and has no reason to in the future. Hate that the fangasms over her have trivialized so much of other race's lore. You know what? Making her a raid boss is more attention than she ever deserves. In my perfect world, Sylvannas doesn't die. (for the fourth damn time mind you.) No, she sits in Undercity and is forgotten. That's all she deserves going forward.
    eah, it's been "obvious" since vanilla, but as other villains rose and fell, she kept balancing on the blade's edge, trolling righteous moralists. She didn't trivialize her race's lore, she gave them an interesting, realistic direction after Arthas's death - after all, they do have to solve the plight of procreation and live for themselves rather some abstract goody-two-shoes ideal.
    Give Gilneas back to the Worgen, hillsbrad back into an actual contested state, and give them some in-game ALLIANCE story and I could care less if we never heard a peep out of Sylvanas again.
    Well, making Hillsbrad Horde was actually balancing the number of zones.
    And she still has won more for her people than any other racial leader. Lol!