Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Key problem here is that not all of them will get pregnant. Some may lose the baby. Some may have medical issues... and so on. People tend to forget variables.
    And those variables can affect a single pregnancy as well. Meaning we would get no babies in 9 months.

Deleted
    No. Dev comments never make me rage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Oh look, someone else who doesn't understand what they're talking about! They cannot just hire more people, When will you people realise this? It takes a high standard of person to be able to work with them, they can't just hire any dev that comes along, and if that makes you "rage" and "boil inside" you need to seek help
    If you release something into the game you do so knowing you have to support it. The team has to grow in under for you to keep up. If you decide that it isn't possible without stretching resources and dropping the quality you shouldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    No. Dev comments never make me rage.
    You're unsubbed why would they upset you. When I quit I doubt ill care what happens on WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

This is Blizzard remember, it took how long for dungeon maps and then they were hyped up like look what we have been working on! Give me a break.

Ontop of that the most recent content timeless isle was copy and pasted from jade forrest.

Deleted
    its all about money $$$, they will soon rename to bli$$ard

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    best example of what I meant.

I don't need to be a programmer to demand more for MY money. It is not my job to understand it nor to find ways to satisfy me, that is the job of the developers, my job is to pay them when I think their product is worth it.
    Nothing more. I don't have to care about anything else and as the customer I should be king. Not the other way round.
    You can demand and scream all you want, but when you don't understand what you're talking about people are going to look at you like the crazy one. Not Blizzard.

Now if you were making a fair arguments it's one thing, but you don't appear to be with you "I'm entitled to the world!"

I'm not defending blizzard for delivering less content, I'm extremely unhappy with 5 dungeons for 10 levels. Completely unacceptable. But if you look at the work on the garrisons and get upset because they didn't make over 900 different options for you than I think you're playing the wrong game. This isn't the sims. And I find it hard to believe that everything is based exclusively on humans or orcs. They are based on WC3 bases, did you play those games?

http://classic.battle.net/war3/orc/buildings.shtml
    http://classic.battle.net/war3/human/buildings.shtml

If you notice Orcs had Troll and Tauren buildings while the Humans had Dwarven and High Elf. I find it extremely unlikely that these bases will lack some level of racial diversity. It's just the main features will be Orc and Human like the walls, the main keep, the garrison, the inn, and some of the other key buildings.

This is the first step of a new system, honestly I think it is a pretty large undertaking to work this into the game world and not an instance with the level of customization it will have within the wow game engine. I'm happy to wait and see, tell people who don't know what they are talking about to settle down, and then judge the system in WoD. Complaining about lack of diversity now isn't really going to do a whole lot I imagine. What we need to do is decide if it's a good system and if it is demand it make a return in future expansions with expanded diversity and functionality. Not shout "ME WANT NOW! ME ME ME ME ME!"

Deleted
    but this topic isnt about garrions and what options they will have u know, its actually about more content and blizz trying to tell us that creating a low polygon nr tree is so hard u need 3 months to create one. have u even seen the new models for races? So far they look like made by students for some semestral project. And belive me they would do it faster.

The biggest and richest MMO company in the western hemisphere pleading poverty as a response to a request for a better product doesn't make me rage...

It makes me laugh. Laugh at the people who leap into the fray to defend that filthy rich company from those customers who want more for the $15 a month.

In the end, I washed my hands of Blizzard last year and since then, I've found it a delightful sense of amusement to see them plead 'lack of resources' when they make $120 million dollars each and every month.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    Any other company that has a set in stone date when they have to deliver thier products and lacks the resources to do it
    The "product" has a defined set of features, people just ask for more than it is supposed to be to begin with. Point is - they know exactly what needs to be done for the product to go out and that's their focus. Some stuff is "nice to have", but the basic "need" comes before "nice to have".

Simple, no?

Deleted
    Pro tip - If they keep saying the same thing, you have probably not understood the message.

Just putting that out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    I rather think that people who are qualified to fullfill that role are not willing to work for them due to maybe conditions or payment.
    Keep in mind that Activision (Kotik) has his hands in Blizzard now aswell, even when they still try to deny it. And this man has a reputation of being an absolute asshat to his employees.
    You would be wrong. Activision has NOTHING to do with the development of WoW. They actually hardly give Activision any credit.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I'm used to it, but quotes like "If we were to work on those for an expansion patch it would quite literally come at the cost of a raid tier." still send me over the edge. Just rude.
    If you find the truth rude, stop asking.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Usual stupid phrase thrown around by people unable to come up with anything original.
    Call it what you want, but you and the countless others in this thread only prove the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get mad when people pointing out the flaws in others use "u"
    Wrath baby and proud of it

You're talking about the calls for customised garrisons for every race right? Well think about how much art goes into each one, it really is the equivalent of a raid or dungeon or other instance.

So no it doesn't make me rage, because it makes fucking sense.

Would you prefer they didn't tell us? And do something like they did with DS where they took a lot of art resources to make the Hour of Twilight dungeons, which meant that DS was short and had to reuse several existing environments and models? And then just not explain why? Because that went down a treat in Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

These threads always amuse me.

If you haven't worked in software development perhaps you don't understand that hiring a new developer for the team is not quite a simple as hiring a new cashier at McDonalds or 7-11.

A bad hire hurts the whole team, sometimes for months, before the person can be let go or perhaps moved to a position that better fits them, this is why the best strategy is to favor being careful when hiring people. In this context you can assume careful implies slow.

A good hire will almost always impact the team for a bit as well. No matter how experienced a person is it will still take some time for them to learn the Blizzard way of doing things and to build relationships and trust with other team members. This is an acceptable cost because if they truly are a good hire they will bring more productivity in the long run.

So, based on this you can infer that throwing outside hires at a problem will in the best case slow down productivity for a short time before recovering and increasing, and in the worst case slow down productivity even more with a longer recovery and no increase. Even shuffling around people that are doing something different at the company has some cost since they will still need to get up to speed, although it's possible this cost will be minimal as they probably already know some of the people on the team and it's likely that most procedures are similar.

The other common misconception is that throwing more people at a problem delivers a linear increase in productivity. It doesn't, and the more people you have involved the less the increase is for each new person added. An example that's thrown around is that one woman can make a baby in 9 months, so why can't 9 women make a baby in one month? If you are interested in reading about this you should check out The Mythical Man Month by Fred Brooks.

TL;DR - Lack of resources is a real thing whether you like it or not.