Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Not sure if we have a client for PL tomorrow or if we do an alt run.
    If I'm PLing on my wartank, I'll try to fraps it, if it can help.

so any chance of this happening?
    Randalsmash Crimson Ravens Alliance US: Malygos

Started doing them on my monk tank last week, sorry. ^^
    If I catch a train early enough tomorrow, we have a client this time, so I'll try to record the run. If I take too long to get home, you'll have to wait until next friday.
    Not sure how interesting it will be, though, I'm a rather average warrior. But if it can help.
    Last edited by Senen; 2014-02-21 at 12:46 AM.

I caught my train, but it arrived ~75 min late.
    So, we just had time for half the dungeons and I was extra tired, meaning you'll see quite a lot of mistakes and bad gameplay from me.

Also, I'm not used to Twitch recording... you have the full audio, meaning a rather loud Teamspeak in French and a frenetic Razer Naga. Enjoy.

SH - SM - Scholo - SSB - ToJS

Main mistakes are a lot of bad cooldown usage: I forgot to use some of them on hard trashes, I used Bladestorm several times BEFORE I used my cooldowns, etc.
    I used mainly my raid gear since I didn't have time to do proper reforges with my new gear, meaning I was ~1.5% overcap Hit, hardcap expertise and full parry>dodge build.
    The char we carry is the dk, who turned out to have a rather decent dps actually.
    Oh, and I forgot to put Recount on "latest fight" mode, sorry about that. :/

Edit: Not sure why the forum doesn't merge this post with the previous one. Does anybody know?

Re-edit: I added more dungeons on the Twitch channel. I'll try to record whenever we PL a CM. Not sure if anyone is really interested, but in case it can help.
    Last edited by Senen; 2014-02-24 at 03:05 AM.

prot warrior in challenge mode

Wich stats should i focus on getting to be able to compete with realm best timers is mastery/parry the way to go?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ingvarthor View Post
    Wich stats should i focus on getting to be able to compete with realm best timers is mastery/parry the way to go?
    Sadly you should pick another class.

Go BM Monk. I know it doesn't answer your question, but if your server is somewhat competetive you won't do good as a Prot Warrior :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lithix View Post
    Curreñcy Currently holds top #1 Warrior, World 28th, Challenge Mode times.

If you are pushing for world ranks, then yes, Monks are extremely god like due the fact they have amazing cooldowns and tanking stats that are pure dps stats too.
    If you wish to push realm times or even personal times, dont let your class or spec make you feel inadequate.
    As Lithix pointed out, you can have extremely good timers with wartanks too.
    Avoidance/Crit build is probably the way to go.

Heya! I'm working on my CM gear atm, but I'm still not sure what is best: mastery, avoidance, or a mix between the two. I'm looking just for gold.
    I do have almost every MoP tanking trinket here... So what setup to use? Curse of Hubris + Soul Barrier? Or dodge procs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariakan View Post
    Heya! I'm working on my CM gear atm, but I'm still not sure what is best: mastery, avoidance, or a mix between the two. I'm looking just for gold.
    I do have almost every MoP tanking trinket here... So what setup to use? Curse of Hubris + Soul Barrier? Or dodge procs?
    I use the DMF trinket and the one for VP with mastery use. Works fine, if anyone know any better let me know

Deleted
    I don't agree with many of your choices of gear for this list. Parry/dodge, Parry/hit, Parry/exp itemization is what you want. Riposte-build all they way. If you are going for CM BiS gear you are probably either going for realm best times or boosting challenge modes and you want to have as much damage as possible. Having some extra mastery won't give you much since every big pull revolves around killing the mobs before your party runs out of cooldowns.

Also people have to remember that just because a piece of gear has an extra gemslot on it doesn't mean it is the better item for challengemodes. You have to look at the statbudget. A good example of this is BiS neck for disc. Many people think it is the double-socket neck from Lei Shen, while in reality the Lei Shen neck is horrible.

I agree with glyph choices although I almost never replace Death From Above because I really like the reduced cooldown, personal preferance I guess.

As for trinket choices you picked probably the worst trinkets, in my opinion. If you want survivability go for Nizao+JP trink, both have static stamina and a 1 min cooldown active that can be toggled at the same time(dodge+mastery). If you want dps, which you should for good times, then you're going to want Relic of Xuen+Alchemy trinket, Carbonic Carbuncle is an excellent choice aswell.

As for talents, you should already have a solid stun rotation if you are going for good times so Bladestorm is a clear pick. Mass Spell Reflect is awesome for several dungeons, an example is MSP where you can reflect the lightning bolts on the first boss(second dude) for 300k two times.

I'm leaning towards Riposte too. How about Curse of Hubris + Relic of Niuzao or Soul Barrier?

Quote Originally Posted by Distinkt View Post
    I don't agree with many of your choices of gear for this list. Parry/dodge, Parry/hit, Parry/exp itemization is what you want. Riposte-build all they way.
    I have the same school of thought, wouldn't mind seeing your version of "bis"

As someone who commonly sells Boosts in CMs, I'd figure I'd throw in my two cents.
    Riposte. Riposte all the way. The mitigation difference from a Mastery/Stamina Build is very slim, while the damage output is huge gain.
    If you're scared to take it like a bitch in CMs and need to handhold your healer's mana you don't need to be looking at BiS lists or trying to go for Realm First times. The damage YOU deal as a Tank is very important in a CM. The Harder you can go and more Vengeance you have the more damage you're going to do. Riposte Build is very good at this. It decreases your Damage Taken, Increases your Revenge Procs, Your Rage Generation and most importantly it work WITH Vengeance. Doubling already big damage numbers is massive gain over standing there and trying(failing) to take as little damage as possible.

Crit Builds are Viable but I wouldn't recommend it. Loss of Mitigation can be risky and might overall make it so you're unable to go Hard on Trash Pulls. While there probably a crazy few out there, It's not my cup of tea as you're trying to reach for the stars and a Brewmaster is going to just do it better and faster.

That aside. ;
    I would use Garalon's Hollow Skull instead othe Tier Helm. Same Socket Color + Bonus. But Parry+Dodge instead of Parry/Mastery (More Crit)

Oxhorn Bladebreaker From Epic to Legendary they dropped Dodge for Expertise. You should have Plenty of Hit/Expertise from Reforging.

Plated Toothbreaker Girdle
    With Gemming Stalwart in the Yellow Socket you'll still get the same amount of stats as a Pure Parry Gem.

Earthbreaker's Steaming Chestplate
    Overall Dodge/Parry Gain while only loosing 160 stats to Hit. (Warforge Chest from Ordos has different Socket Colors and Less Optimal.)

Shockstriker Gauntlets or Artery Rippers
    Both are the Same Stat/Gem Color/Bonus Wise.

Pauldrons of Violent Eruption
    Only a 320 Riposte Loss if you gem for the Socket Bonus. Your choice if it's worth it.

Otherwise Legplates of Whipping Ionizationand Acid Spine Bonemace are the go to Options.

As for Trinkets, they're really up for debate, but I would like to throw in the mention of Helmbreaker Medallion This is an insanely powerful DPS Trinket in CMs (If you're not an Engineer) 4.7% Crit Every Minute that stacks with Bloodbath, Glyph of Incite, Recklessness/Banner, Bladestorm everytime is a huge gain.

So, considering it's mostly trash, should I aim for 6% hit and 12% exp?

So, considering it's mostly trash, should I aim for 6% hit and 12% exp?
    I usually get 7.5% Hit and ~12% Expertise on my tank rerolls in CMs, I think it's a good trade-off.
    The extra rage are usually not very important against bosses and you usually have far less vengeance (so far less dps) on bosses anyway.
    Though, if you want to push for Realm/Region best, I'm not sure it is worth it as you do lose dps on boss fights and some CMs have quite lengthy boss fights. Also, if you push for recors, you usually take trashs and bosses all together, so the "you have less vengeance against boss" argument becomes rather false.

So, yeah, there are pros and cons and I haven't seen any really convincing post about either of this choice yet. But I'd definitely not bother for 15% Expertise if I was only going for gold.
    Anyway, only using my wartank in CMs for boosting people and I just use my raid gear (with different helmet, for non-legendary meta). When we're basically 4-manning the boss, I'm pretty happy I have my 15% Expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSpaztic View Post

As for Trinkets, they're really up for debate, but I would like to throw in the mention of Helmbreaker Medallion. This is an insanely powerful DPS Trinket in CMs (If you're not an Engineer) 4.7% Crit Every Minute that stacks with Bloodbath, Glyph of Incite, Recklessness/Banner, Bladestorm everytime is a huge gain.
    engineer trinkets are good for CM? Im a prot warrior btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanbra View Post
    Well, the Ghost Iron Dragonling is usable for non-engineers. It appears to be pretty good, allowing for 3 Cogs with 600 for different secondary stats (so you could have 600 Parry, Dodge and Crit for a Riposte build, for instance). The problem is that the dragonling it may summon can fuck up the usage of invisibility potions.
    The engineering goggles, on the other hand, are exclusive and most likely BiS.

I think what he is saying if your engineer you'd be using your Gloves on CD which then forces you to have a CD on your trinket. So once gloves are used i believe its like 15ish seconds before you can use an On Use Trinket.

I have farmed CM gear for the past 2 weeks (will do my runs next week) and with some awesome luck, this is my set right now:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rnulf/advanced

Did a couple runs on Proving Grounds, Riposte brings Crit to about 27-28%.
    Still hoping for Immerseus' shoulders, Sha's shield and at least one more good trinket (Carbonic Carbuncle or Skeer's) to replace the Vial, as it's just a placeholder.
    Maybe I will raise hit/exp to the cap. Any comments or tips?
    Last edited by Darklurker; 2014-03-09 at 01:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSpaztic View Post
    As for Trinkets, they're really up for debate, but I would like to throw in the mention of Helmbreaker Medallion This is an insanely powerful DPS Trinket in CMs (If you're not an Engineer) 4.7% Crit Every Minute that stacks with Bloodbath, Glyph of Incite, Recklessness/Banner, Bladestorm everytime is a huge gain.
    Really great of you to mention Helmbreaker. Going to try it out tonight.

Engineering glove enchant shares CD with Helmbreaker's on-use effect is what he was implying. As for the engi trinket itself, it's horrible because of the proc.

I have farmed CM gear for the past 2 weeks (will do my runs next week) and with some awesome luck, this is my set right now:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Anulf/advanced

Did a couple runs on Proving Grounds, Riposte brings Crit to about 27-28%.
    Still hoping for Immerseus' shoulders, Sha's shield and at least one more good trinket (Carbonic Carbuncle or Skeer's) to replace the Vial, as it's just a placeholder.
    Maybe I will raise hit/exp to the cap. Any comments or tips?
    That's a really nice set, and yea any cdr trinket is pretty much dogshit for cms.
    Last edited by mmoc7d26753534; 2014-03-06 at 04:13 PM.

Hello, great thread, thanks to all contributors. Can you guys help me to find CM BiS set for Riposte warrior?

my best guess:
    head - Garalon's Hollow Skull (garalon)
    neck - Moonjade Necklace (ToT Twins)
    shoulders - Pauldrons of Violent Eruption (immersius)
    back - Oxhorn Bladebreaker or Reinforced Mirror-Sheen Cloak (durumu)
    chest - Earthbreaker's Steaming Chestplate (juggernaut)
    bracers - tot parry bracers (jinrokh)
    gloves - Shockstriker Gauntlets or Artery Rippers (soo pandas or durumu)
    belt - Plated Toothbreaker Girdle (megera)
    legs - Legplates of Whipping Ionization or t16 (lei shen)
    feet - Haunted Steel Warboots (tot craft)
    rings - Ring of the Iron Tomb (shamans)
    - Galakrond Control Band (galakras)
    - Durumu's Severed Tentacle
    weapon - Acid-Spine Bonemace (or tot hit-exp onehander) or looms from garrosh (primordius, jin-rokh, garrosh)
    shield - Hellscream’s Shield Wall bis (if you don;t have it - Shield of Mockery(soo sha), Visage of the Doomed(tot random drop), Greatshield of the Gloaming(primordius))

any thoughts about trinkets?

upd. thanks!
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2014-03-11 at 10:11 AM.