New build, questions

So I am looking at a pc build from cyberpowerpc and was wondering about a few things since micro towers are a bit new to me

Also since i know it will be said, I have no interest in ordering parts my self and building it myself, don't have the time, nor motivation to do that, so please refrain if you can from those comments and focus on my actual questions please, I really don't feel like seeing that over and over again. This is what I choose to do and am seeking some advice solely on this setup linked below. I know I could piece it out for a few hundred less but I simply don't have that time or energy atm.

First the build is thus.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1FUJNE

My question.

First being the motherboard, I am clueless in regards to them, there are 5 options, atm its on the default MSI, is there any major difference with the others listed.

Second is the RAM , G.skill rip jaws and corsair veng, any major variance in them?

Third, The first SSD drive for some reason is separated from the rest of them, is there something unique about the Corsair Force GS Series that sets it apart from regular ssds?

Fourth, I am getting 8.1 pro, if i get a touch screen monitor do I have to do anything for it to function as touch or is that a ready to go from build function?

Also if anyone else has any advice beyond what I asked for regarding this setup I would be open to it. any changes that would save money and have little impact on performance basically.\

*Added* Also the Video card 780ti, theres a second option with EVGA Superclocked w/ ACX Cooling its a free upgrade but i am curious as to what the difference is.
    Last edited by striker2s; 2014-02-09 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Added a question about video cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    First being the motherboard, I am clueless in regards to them, there are 5 options, atm its on the default MSI, is there any major difference with the others listed.
    The MSI is the cheapest Z87 option. I'd stick with it.

Second is the RAM , G.skill rip jaws and corsair veng, any major variance in them?
    Nope. I would go with the cheapest 8GB option (saving you $152 from default. Christ thats a ripoff >.<)

Third, The first SSD drive for some reason is separated from the rest of them, is there something unique about the Corsair Force GS Series that sets it apart from regular ssds?
    It's just indicating what you have selected. I would get the Samsung 840 EVO. Better and cheaper.

Fourth, I am getting 8.1 pro, if i get a touch screen monitor do I have to do anything for it to function as touch or is that a ready to go from build function?
    Dunno on that one, but probably just drivers I imagine.

Also if anyone else has any advice beyond what I asked for regarding this setup I would be open to it. any changes that would save money and have little impact on performance basically.\
    Without indicating what you're doing with it or anything else...
    -Don't get the i7. Get the 4670K.
    -I'd probably not get the 780ti. It's likely morbidly expensive, and likely more than you need with an ITX based system.
    -Don't get the Corsair CX600. Opt for the... ugh.. Those are all crap power supplies. This is why you don't prebuild >.< I guess get the Seasonic 650. That's like double retail but.. it is what it is.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Sorry, it's gonna be mostly for gaming but also need something for video encoding.

Regarding the acx cooling on the one 780ti, does it put alot of heat back into the case or does it still vent most out of the back, read somewhere that it outs some back into the case and I think this case only has 1 120mm chassis fan on te side above the CPU. So not sure if that is a concern or not.

And yea I know there's a premium for having it prebuilt but Cyber seemed to be the least expensive, least compared to what i looked around at, lol try building this exact thing at some place like northwest or DS and its literally 1000 more. But I need something that I can yank out of a box and fire up right away, got to much to do to tinker with parts and configure stuff, So im willing to pay the premium.
    Last edited by striker2s; 2014-02-10 at 02:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How much is 'some video encoding'? Are we cranking out a video a day? Or just an AMV once a month? My policy is... If you're doing something that pays for the i7 itself (i.e. work/freelance), go for it. If not, it's not worth the cost increase.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Several a day, I do encoding for fansub groups, So i need to crank out 3+ a day sometimes when we get to certain days with a lot of releases.