Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Logically buying a level 90 will cost less than $40

You can RAF yourself 1-85 in 3 days of real time about 24 hours or less played time 8hrs per day. To buy a new account currently that is RAF read you are spending :
    Your Main Account or a new account: $10 (battlechest promo links around or buy mop and get the $10 battlechest)
    Second account: $10 and gets 30 days free game time

So for $20 you are setup 1-85 for 3 months with 300% increased leveling speed. Within a week(7days) you can get 5-6 85's if you grind hard. Questing 1-15 then dungeons as tank/dps healer/dps combos

If you already have MOP on your main account you only need to invest $10 for the second account to get a 85 in 2-3 days. If you dont then you need to spend another $20 for MOP upgrade and hit 90 in 2-3 days after 85.

So total at most your looking at a potential $40 for Battlechest,MOP + battlechest 2nd account. or $10 at the least for your 2nd account to get battlechest cata and RAF level.

If blizzard charges more than $40 to boost your 90 then it would make no sense and everyone would just do the method above to save money (select few who are financially well off or dont play hardcore will just buy the 90 anyway regardless of price).

If the 90 boost is less than $40 blizzard makes a killing only for those who dont have MOP already. If someone has MOP they only need to invest $10 and can do 85 in 3 days saving themself whatever blizzard would charge for a 90. Level 90 gear I'm guessing will be around 496 gear level since timeless isle is 496 catch up and thats what this boost will do in a sense.

Not including the WoD 90 you get just the ones you can buy from the store in future.

Now the question remains if tons of people do RAF the active sub numbers will be padded data (as we will see in Q1 2014 since unconfirmed sources say almost 500k bots were banned)

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be free, but if it's not free It should be 90-100 dollars.

Then what do you do to the characters you made with that RaF account? Transfer them over individually for 25$ a piece, or pay for the account for 15$ a month. Either way you're not saving that much money.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They want it as an easier way to get multiple free 90s than multiple accounts.

It should therefore be at least equal to the cost of WoD, maybe more to discourage abuse by bads.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    Then what do you do to the characters you made with that RaF account? Transfer them over individually for 25$ a piece, or pay for the account for 15$ a month. Either way you're not saving that much money.
    Within a week I was able to make 6 85s on my main account and I had to leave the other chars on the 2nd account for a friend or someone to play since they werent going to be used anyway they were slaves for fast que times. I actually only needed to level to 85 once, 75 once, 65 twice, 50, 40, etc then granted them all levels up to 85 by use 10 granted levels for each char from a higher up one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Is that a "throw it out there" number or is there some thought behind that. My guess would be 50 bucks.

(isn't that a great bushiness idea they have here, they get 50 bucks (or 100) so you can continue to pay them 15 bucks a month, with literally no human action with the process, and Im assuming less than a MB of data stored and sent over the interwebs.)
    Love my guildies, but where are my minions.
    [Intel i5 4690k CPU] [Asus Z97-AR Mobo] [EVGA GTX960-SSC GPU] [Crucial Ballistix 1600 8gb Memory] [Sound Blaster Zx Sound card]
    [Corsair Liquid Cooler] [EVGA Bronze 600watt Power supply] [Samsung 840 EVO 128gb SSD, Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD, Western Digital 7200rpm Black HDD] [Logitech G105 Keyboard and G502 mouse] [Asus 24in 144hz LED Monitor and AOC 22in LED]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Camnorick View Post
    Is that a "throw it out there" number or is there some thought behind that. My guess would be 50 bucks.

(isn't that a great bushiness idea they have here, they get 50 bucks (or 100) so you can continue to pay them 15 bucks a month, with literally no human action with the process, and Im assuming less than a MB of data stored and sent over the interwebs.)
    No i figure the cost of buying the battle chest is idk, what 25, wod would be 40, character transfer 25 equals 90 dollars. I admit my figure is a liittle high, but i hope they make it expensive enough that it's not common for people to buy them.

You trash them because you don't need that many? You can literally spend $10 and get at least 3 level 85s on your main account in a week. You don't even need the ones on the other account, so you can just trash them. Don't renew the account, don't pay for them to transfer, just ignore them because they don't really matter.

I think $30 is a good price, more than anything else, but not a crazy amount. Seems about right for what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    30-60 dollars will be the price. I think 49.99 is the best price. high enough to discourage multiple 90s, but low enough that someone may do it for that one class they never leveled.

Aside from the obvious benefit to all plalyers, I think the idea of this boost might also be to cater a bit to the higher level arena players out there.
    I'm guessing there won't be an arena realm in WoD, seeing how everyone will have access to all the gladiator gear within the new ladder, so this boost will also allow arena players to get classes they might need similar to how you simply created one on the arena realm, with jus ta little more effort to get from 90-100.

Therefor I'm guessing we won't see a price higher than $50.

Instead of making it cost a shit ton of money for no reason, maybe they could oh I don't know, limit the amount of free 90s you could buy in say a week? Or whatever amount of time is given.

$29.99 hear me.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplefoxez View Post
    Instead of making it cost a shit ton of money for no reason, maybe they could oh I don't know, limit the amount of free 90s you could buy in say a week? Or whatever amount of time is given.
    I'm all for making it cheap, but what would be the point of having a cap when there's only 11 classes in the game anyway?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be 30-35 dollars. Needs to be less than a boxed version other wise people could logically just buy tons of expansions.

Deleted
    The trouble with these calculations is that they fail to take account the monetary value of time. If I can get a new toon with 24 hours of work in game (which it basically is when you're doing it for umpteenth time), or by doing and billing for one or two extra hours of paid work, why on earth would I do 12-24 times as much work as necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    dono what planet you on but it should NEVER be free i understand why there letting the 1st 1 be for free tho.

ot: i highly doubt ill be less than $40

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say, 50 dollars +

Because you don't do anything to get it.

RaF, you do Things to get your character up, even though faster than normal, it's still Work.

But for buying, you sit there on a chair, grab your Card and buy it... So 50 dollars +
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

sell the RAF account on e bay and collect profit -_-

Call my cynical, but I imagine it will cheap enough to be a real desire for many players to use for every character they want to level (for extra moneh for blizz). I'd wager between $15-25.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

By guess is around 40-45 dollars. My reasoning is that a faction change is 30, thus of you love your main and want a second of that class on the other faction, you could arguably faction change your main for $30. So, for $40ish you get to choose your faction and the free 90 levels. The reality is that it needs to be around the price of the expansion or else people will just buy tons of expansions. Keeping it around the $40 price point means people will likely just buy the boost digitally and not drive out to the store to buy a physical box, even if the digital boost is a little more expensive, you are paying for convenience.