Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So much fucking whining on this forum... Blizzard could give you everything you ever wanted and most of you would still complain >_<
    Someone at BioWare said it best a couple of years ago:

"You could give the player a magic hat that would give them the exact gaming experience they ever wanted, and they would still complain about the colour of the hat."

Quote Originally Posted by Thralls Balls View Post
    And this is their "selling point" of this expansion? .....lol
    Well yeah it's this whole thing that reminds me vaguely of a TCG. http://www.wowwiki.com/Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by Anshinritsumai View Post
    Too bad we won't get Forsaken architecture. Undead with Orcish architecture :/
    Agreed. I'm an Alliance player, so this feature seems to work better for us than the Horde. The only races we have that feel slightly out of place with this artwork are the Elves and Draenei...and even they work pretty well within this tile set. Human art is just kinda nice, pretty, and unoffensive.

On the Horde side though, really just the Orcs feel at home with that image they teased. Undead, Trolls, Tauren, Blood Elves, Goblins...they all have wildly different designs they belong to. Hard to picture a Blood Elf character customizing his Garrison full of Orc artwork. All of the Horde stuff is far more personal to the races.

Quote Originally Posted by Thralls Balls View Post
    And this is their "selling point" of this expansion? .....lol
    I guess you never actually bothered reading up on the expansion then.

Deleted
    Very nicely textured and modelled.

I think this whole garison thing could be great if they allowed people to furnish buildings themselves. Like crafting tables, vases, curtains, beds, bookshelves and more then placing them around your buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    ehhhhhhh its meh
    ty very mehhhhhh
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted
    Love the art. And i understand that some races do feel out of place. Especially on the Horde side. Who knows maybe in the future they could add a transmog building ... wizard.. or something.

Looking forward to this new feature.

Deleted
    Damn i still can't believe the level of detail that is put now in WoW

I'm not sure what to think about the Mage Tower. The Tier 1 Mage Tower reminds me too much of a Darkmoon Faire tent, even though the model is new.

Therefor I'd also like to quote what they've said:

''... even though a building needs to look more epic at each upgrade, it couldn’t actually change shape at the base.''

Then why is the base totally different compared between Mage Towers Tier 1 and 2?

I'd bet the answer would be:

''Because Tier 1 is a tent and Tier 2 is a permanent structure.''

I'd rather have a sloppy Mage building of which you can recognize the base in the next Tiers than the tent they've currently planned for it.

I know I'm not being nice, but I just felt like I had to bring that out :P After all, everything else about the Garrison looks great!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    And it's still a joke compared to Wildstar's player housing. They need to stop half assing it. Farms, garrisons. /yawn
    I have done Wildstar Housing, it isn't that great to be honest. Its just another hyped up thing in the game.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Wow this expansion is soooo far away..

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    but this is housing x 100000
    LOL!10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    You're crying over negative feedback on a discussion forum and I've seen you do it in almost every news thread that has people disliking something. Like someone is saying your child is ugly and you get all defensive and bring out words like "cry" and "whine" when that is hypocritically what you are doing. (And now so am I by doing it back to you, it never ends) It's a discussion thread, some people will like stuff, some won't. Deal with it.

I did give a positive. I linked a Wildstar housing vid because I like it. Sure, it's a positive about another game but this is called MMO champion not WoW champion.
    Hey Shudder, what does the Twitter say? - https://twitter.com/MMOChampion

Go cry somewhere else that all you do here anyway.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    I have done Wildstar Housing, it isn't that great to be honest. Its just another hyped up thing in the game.
    So everything in that video was a lie? Care to explain?

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Hey Shudder, what does the Twitter say? - https://twitter.com/MMOChampion

Go cry somewhere else that all you do here anyway.
    Make me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make me.
    Who said everything in that video was a lie?, Don't be so dramatic!

10+ Year Old Account

He didn't say it was a lie. He just feels that it's an overhyped feature. I saw the video and it's impressive stuff. As a player who's never experienced housing in my MMO history, it's a refreshing and if done correctly, sweeet idea. However, doesn't mean Wildstar is the end all be all as you seem to flaunt around. By all means you're entitled to your opinion and you make some valid points, but you lose credit when you seem to stick your hand in every WoW related news only to bash it and promote the next "WoW Killier™".

If you have nothing good to say, then don't say anything. Either way, thanks for the video, interesting stuff.

Deleted
    Well....despite it looks ok, just ok...I still believe that non-thematical/racial garrison is a HUGE error. If I'm playing as a night elf...why am I bulding my own garrison like a human will do? Same if I play like blood elf, troll or any other race. Each race have their own iconical buildings already implemented in game so the art is already set so they "just" have to work on it. If other games like LOTR online can do it....why WoW can't?? For sure, thematical/racial garrison will require to work more on it but c'mon....is a game that has already 7.8 million ppl paying for it....I guess they can allow themselves to hire a few more folks to work on it. I think they're lazy, very very lazy on this.

Well 1/2 of the crap that had me hyped for the expansion has went down the crapper. still gonna give it a shot for the new pvp with item squish, before i switch to wildstar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feathil View Post
    Well....despite it looks ok, just ok...I still believe that non-thematical/racial garrison is a HUGE error. If I'm playing as a night elf...why am I bulding my own garrison like a human will do? Same if I play like blood elf, troll or any other race. Each race have their own iconical buildings already implemented in game so the art is already set so they "just" have to work on it. If other games like LOTR online can do it....why WoW can't?? For sure, thematical/racial garrison will require to work more on it but c'mon....is a game that has already 7.8 million ppl paying for it....I guess they can allow themselves to hire a few more folks to work on it. I think they're lazy, very very lazy on this.
    I would of loved Tauren Buildings for my Garrison, But sometimes you just learn Art is huge part of MMOs & sometimes you only have so many Artists on hand & when trying to make things right you take your time & not rush it. Plus you got other things you gotta make so it comes at the cost of being human & only have so much man power to do things.

But aslong as they atleast give some look of Racial presence in the Garrison I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Feathil View Post
    OH GOD, please we already have 12 forum topics+ about this.

NO you cant hire more and more folks to work on the same thing. You have no point of reference over whether they're being lazy or not. and judging by all the work being done. THey're NOT.

You cannot throw more people at something and just expect more stuff to be done. WE already have 12 topics about this full of WHY this is so and iam not going to repeat myself over and over lie everyone else.

making something fresh is easier than building ontop of something. plainly because you are constnatly working to maintain what you have ontop of the new content. and all your new content is based on the engine and what you already have. You can only build around it and building something new for it take enormous effort and time where resources are scant.