Poll: Graphic op

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ultra high here.

I feel sorry for the poor sods who can't run it on ultra. I really do.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Deleted
    Pretty much everything ultra, bar shadows.

I hover around 45 FPS in raids during combat, and at the lowest i hit 30-35.

On an I5-4670k, not OC'd yet and a GTX 660.

I also raid 25 man, and it feels strange playing on such a rig.

Was on a 7 year old system previously, as was my brother; And the difference took some time getting used to.

My rig does struggle to run the brand new FPS games out though, i have to put it down to high or medium in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    god, I already hate to deal with 35 fps on high.
    I'm used to it. During Classic - BC my computer was utter garbage where it would run 0-5 FPS in 5 man dungeons. Though when I raided I still did well, so now I just barely even notice the screenshot picture slide.

Ultra, 70fps

Had a weird FPS issue one time, where i was only getting 12fps, and every .75 seconds the screen would freeze for .15 of a sec, but that was due to a bad addon (from memory it was Zygor, or something with alot of data in it)

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    I went from a gtx 760 to a r9-290x and I STILL get frame drops with the same maxed out settings. My CPU is a i7-4770k at 4.4ghz I don't know what it is.
    That upgrade wont help with WoW at all, 760 isn't even under proper load if you have some sort of framerate limit on or vsync, your fps drops come from WoW just being an old game and thus badly optimized, your CPU is the bottleneck as WoW only uses 1 core properly and 2nd a bit and rest only slightly.

GPU determines your max fps and CPU your min fps in WoW, you can easily test this by going to a secluded area and see your fps go to 200+ and GPU at 99% load, then go in to ordos fight and see your GPU under 99% load but fps like 30-40.
    Someone else can probably explain this better, but WoW doesn't necessarily even put one of your CPU cores to full load, but still technically CPU is the bottleneck, this is because of bad optimization.

Also your windows probably has CPU core parking enabled, so you could get few more frames by disabling that.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

10+ Year Old Account
    Ultra maxed. Get 85-110 fps in a busy Stormwind. Flying out over elwynn 160fps.

On a 2-3 year old system, I5 not overclocked, 4gb ram, GTX 660 I think it is. I run on high settings and sometimes on Ultra, frames never drop below 35 in game except in some specific AoE situations (Primordius is bad for me when all the puddles start stacking up in LFR etc).

660ti on Ultra minus liquid/lighting/shadows and view distance on high. My FPS can sit around 120 but I set the limiter to 60 for my 60hz monitor. I drop to roughly 40-50 in 25 man raids. Though some parts of fights are really intense and I drop to 20, like sitting inside a Desecrated Weapon on Garrosh with healing CDs going.

Good-High with a few tweaks here and there. Running at average 50-60 fps with 20-30 in raids and a stunning 2-10 fps on ordos >.<
    Running on first i5 together with a r5850 thats turning my computer into an oven wasn't it for my new case..

Deleted
    everything on low - 30-40 fps

10+ Year Old Account
    AMD FX-8350 / VaporX 7970 Ghz Edition

Running fine on ultra, 80-120fps with 8x multisample.

I noticed the 8350 while not the best competitor to the i7, does do very well on WoW

Everything max, never went under 60 with vsync on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got most settings on ultra, but I don't like the shadows so I have that fairly low. Sunshafts and ground clutter I also prefer to have lower settings on most of the time.
    My PC is getting old, saving up for a new one. Not worth upgrading the one I have now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I built a machine that could handle SWTOR on high, needless to say the antiquated graphics on WoW run like a screamin demon.

I run ultra high with a walmart computer, even in raids. >.< not sure why everyone spends 1000's on computer parts.

Everything ultra. But wow runs like shit fuck no matter how good your pc is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    Everything below low. I'm lucky to get above 40 fps while staring directly into the ground in 1st person view.
    Same here. I played about 6 years with everything on low and lagging my way trough raids when shit hits the fan.

I treated myself with 2x HD 7970 and have everything maxed out now. Every zone I walked trough felt like I've never been there before. And on maps like AB or EotS I can see the opposing team. If I know the difference was that big I would have upgraded my pc the first day I started playing!

i run on ultra, with shadows off cause wow shadows are more annoying than anything else.

Most things on Low, Particle Density on good. 14-18 FPS while questing, ~10 fps in 10mans out of combat, ~6-7 in combat. Steady 2 FPS during Ordos.

And yet, it's much, much better than my old computer (4 fps during 10 man fights was fun >.>). Guess I upgraded from absolute crap to ordinary crap.

But there is a silver lining: I've kind of built up a resistance to low fps, and now have no problems playing a game with 10-15 fps.
    3DS Friend Code: 0104-0340-7272 ; IGN in Pokemon X: Spa
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Stratholme was harboring Malganis Bin Dreadlord and had hidden weapons of Mass Scourgification.
    The Culling was a justified war.
    Andorhal/25 Never Forget

Started paying on a computer than ran at 3-12 fps at low, and every time I went into UC, I crashed.

Currently, I'm playing on my laptop and get 10-120 fps on ultra. It's very oddly unpredictable.