Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If true, this wouldn't be Pay 2 Win. This would be pay to shame yourself into oblivion.

You are now paying the company that made the game so you don't have to play the game. You plunk down the hundreds over time for the base and expansions. You plunk down hundreds or thousands for subs. And now you plunk down 60 more so you don't have to play a large portion of the content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    You must lack both intelligence and critical thinking if you think the level 90 boost doesn't cost Blizzard anything.
    I wouldn't bother. Guy finds someone who challenges his logic and he immediately resorts to nation bashing. It's honestly getting a little creepy at this point.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I'm glad it is so expensive. It's an absurd feature to place in the game anyways and just further re-enforces bad perspectives of the playerbase. They add it in, but make it prohibitive. Good move.

Imo, it shouldn't be in the game at all, but if they just HAVE to add it in, I'd rather them do it this way. Less people will buy it, but those that do will balance out the losses of the masses due to the increased price. This was not intended to be used willy nilly by everyone. They've driven that point home with the price and will make money off of it to boot.

Gotta love Blizzard... am I right? hehe... One day people will get wise to their methods, but not on this site.
    Religion isn't the absence of reason. It's merely the presence of faith.
    Heroes of the Storm : all day erryday

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Maybe 60 dollars was just a trial balloon. Seeing there are enough idiots willing to pay, maybe they will ask for 100$ in the final implementation.

And yes, having 6 numbers on my bank account doesn't make me think that is "cheap". You must have lost the sense is what is worth what to think it is. Just wait for the next autoclick exploit to level your chars. They come every few months.
    Six figures in your bank account, yet you can't type out a coherent thought. Right.

Value is a matter of opinion and varies from person to person. My free time leveling 1-90 is worth way more than $60. I respect that yours may not be or that you simply can't afford it. Every single one of us is in a position where we want something we can't afford.

10+ Year Old Account
    The price seems right. Just think, how much buying a new expack copy + that first sub or whatever would cost, and then transfer fees. They probably took a little chunk out of the middle man.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh it should cost 200$. And people would stil pay for it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Good God, if any other company did this they would be crucified all over the internet. Blizzard just gets away with it.

I haven't read blue posts in a while but I could've sworn that there was going to be at least one free boost to level 90 provided u already had a character at 90. Or is that only with WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Aww, did someone disagree with you? Now we're talking about intellegence. Cute <3

Realistically speaking however, I'm almost certain you're completely in the dark as to how many people REGULARLY purchase a server/faction change combo for $55. We're talking 3-4 times a year. It's a daunting amount of people. You really think 60 bucks for a free geared 90 is going to phase them in the slightest? This isn't some tiny, secret minority we're talking about here.
    It's not about disagreeing, it's about you finding a way to rationalize Blizzard exploiting you for 60$ for an automated service.

And the other services are at least separate, but can be combined. Price is heavy, but not as overly exsessive as this.

Edit: After reading your edited post i can only conclude you're an idiot, and i won't bother wasting my time with you.

Keep in mind, your entire premise revolved around someone putting in time and effort to level multiple characters together over the course of several days. This is a case of "pay now and you have it."

I could buy the ingredients for quite a few nice dishes but if I want them prepared for me it costs more than it would to make it myself.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Direction View Post
    And this just in there is no lvl 90 boost[/url]
    It is plausible that the service was not intended to launch today and that's why the server came back down so quickly earlier.

Not sure how people can say this stuff isn't pay to win lol. So you skip all of the content in the game and then go straight to 90? Glad that I quit when I did lol.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Good God, if any other company did this they would be crucified all over the internet. Blizzard just gets away with it.
    They took down the servers just to remove it after it was posted, but in doing so they somehow removed all the RAF mounts from the game..lmao

My server is up and the shop is only showing mounts and pets. There's nothing about the boost.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Deleted
    Great price. price lower than 25$ would kill leveling and all pre-Pandaria content would become useless. New players wouldn't be able to find group for dungeons or friends for playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, this gives insentive to level your toons and experience the world. If it was less, people would just abuse it and never level another toon again. Good job blizzard, finally did something half right.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coming in 6.0, for just 120$ you can opt out of playing altogether and get a frame quality PDF declaring you the winner of WoW.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Crusader Absalom View Post
    I haven't read blue posts in a while but I could've sworn that there was going to be at least one free boost to level 90 provided u already had a character at 90. Or is that only with WoD?
    You get a boosted toon if you preorder WoD, regardless if you have a toon at 90 already.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Not sure how people can say this stuff isn't pay to win lol. So you skip all of the content in the game and then go straight to 90? Glad that I quit when I did lol.
    It is NOT pay to win. You only get green lvl 90 gear which will have to be upgraded before you're really up to speed.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Good, this gives insentive to level your toons and experience the world. If it was less, people would just abuse it and never level another toon again. Good job blizzard, finally did something half right.
    Thank You Crackerjack, prbly the smartest person in this thread.

People are freaking out for no reason, the same people who complained that it would ruin the leveling experience.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.