Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vawugz View Post
    Yes I'm sure they weren't being greedy when they got the idea of charging for a level 90, after admitting how worthless leveling at low levels was.

you figured it out.
    Because the players have been demanding it for years. Once again it is something players have demanded and then when they do its something the players whine about. Blizzard can never win.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    pretty mutch for a hand full of pixels

Quote Originally Posted by vawugz View Post
    Yes I'm sure they weren't being greedy when they got the idea of charging for a level 90, after admitting how worthless leveling at low levels was.

you figured it out.
    I actually agree with the person you quoted. His logic is sound

$60 is much as a brand new game, and more than an expansion for THIS game. I think that's laughable. I have no problem with people boosting 90s, didn't plan on it myself because leveling is one of my favorite things. But I laughed when I saw how much it was going to cost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddyLee View Post

Please go away, botting is pathetic.
    Pretty sure it's more pathetic to give $60 for a free level 90 on a shitty 9 year old game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    I would say it's a very good price. It will keep MOST people from just using it to buy a 90 of every class.
    And why is this wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Not at any point did I suggest there were no steps in between or it was inevitable, nice try though
    Well what was your implication then? If you weren't saying that this slippery slope would eventually lead to "p2win" or something else which you do not like then your entire post was hollow and said nothing at all.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whats disgusting is the community. Apparently skipping leveling when the expansion is almost over and the next one is on the way is winning? That 483 green gear is so game breaking

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides my obvious disgust for it, being a diluted form of P2W and all, I'm supremely glad it's so pricey. At least it'll encourage a few more people to actually, y'know, play the game instead of just skipping it.

Deleted
    Paying to skip levelling is absolutely disgusting. The figure can be whatever the hell they please, the very thought of buying boosts in a subscription mmo is absolutely outrageous. They truly are trying to squeeze every penny they can get out of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmanderp View Post
    The purpose of this thread is to help understand why some people are crying out about this (possible) number for the cost. I personally think it is a reasonable price for the amount of content that you are skipping.
    If you had asked me 3 months ago what I thought a decent price would be for a level 90 from Blizzard, I'd say $40 dollars. People certainly pay more from outside sources - $40 for the security, time saved, and end result + gear is very well worth it if you're the kind of person who would spend money on it. I can see how $60 is justified as the extra 20 (from my suggestion) would discourage people from just buying all their toons and never experiencing the content they worked hard to create.
    I've personally been payed $150 dollars to level two characters for a guildy. I've been payed actual money from others as well, gold from some people, someone even bought me MoP because I leveled their main. Whatever they want to offer I'm fine with. I have even done it for free because I really enjoy the grind.

It's not pay to win, it's more paying to skip a tutorial. If they want to spend the money, who the hell do you think you are to tell them otherwise.
    People make such a huge deal out of nothing. This isn't a step towards F2P. They're not gonna sell achievements and gear. Get over it please.

Quote Originally Posted by Relicra View Post
    Honestly think people are just mad they can't afford it. Sucks for them.
    To be fair, some of them complain saying it should be much higher.

Me? I'm fine with it, low enough to be accessible for just about anybody who really wants x class, while still behind high enough to reduce the number of FOTM rerollers getting instant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

who cares if someone wants to level their class and be terrible or buy their class a be terrible

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelilah View Post
    Pretty sure it's more pathetic to give $60 for a free level 90 on a shitty 9 year old game.
    I would love to give my opinion of you, but it would incur an infraction, which I would rather not have.

Either way, it's not pathetic giving a measly $60 for a product that someone CHOOSES to buy. And if you dislike the game so much, maybe you shouldn't be around here? Because you know, we talk about WoW here, the game in which you think is "shitty"

Anyway, the only thing more pathetic than programs that destroy the game, and the actual botters like yourself.

*Just looked up Honorbuddy. YOU PAY FOR IT. Wow, you want to be more hypocritical. Saying it's pathetic to support Blizzard and get something you want, but condoning and supporting botting in which you have to PAY for.

I'm speechles
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I find it a massive step down a horrible slippery slope.

It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth this sort of thing on a sub based game
    agreed but a reasonable price none the less i think its on par with the launch prise of CE and DD mop price

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    $60 feels pretty expensive for a level 90. Think about what $60 could get you elsewhere? I don't disagree with the price, but I personally thought it'd be closer to $30 / $40 which would also make it more accessible.
    Depends a lot on location.
    $60 spent elsewhere... 3-4 hours of entertainment if going to the movies
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I think it's blizzards way of treading the waters of P2W depending on how many morons pay for it they'll stop adding ridiculous crap to the store or get even more ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

The fact that any one is even trying to defend this is a testament to how incredibly manipulated some of the WoW community is.
    Seriously guys, get a reality check, this is not an appropriate price. Blizzard is literally laughing as they prepare to take your money right now.

I personally think it's perfect. People are just mad that they can't readily have every 90 of every class on both factions readily available like it's their free candy epics.

Besides if you bought a 90 right this day from ebay it would cost you around $50-60, it's no different. I seriously can't believe some people expected it to be $30- when Server Transfers alone are $25.

The WoW Fanbase is so pathetically entitled that it's sad. We want free epics, we want easier raids, we want harder epics, we want harder raids, we want easier leveling, we want free max level characters, we want etc. etc. etc. Some of you aren't going to be happy until it's a f2p game where you can buy Heroic Geared Characters for $1, and then the game will truly be dead then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfare View Post
    But whats next? Buying Achievements/Gear/professions. Whats the point of an MMO if you can buy your way to the finish.
    Keep using this argument even though most people will argue that leveling is not part of the end of the game, it is annoying timesink before you get started with the game.

I for one like the concept and price. Price is slightly cheaper than buying the new game and transferring and yet high enough to hopefully keep some of the FOTM switchers at bay.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.