Deleted

DK Speed increase macro

Having recently switched main from monk healer to DK dps i'm struggling with the change in mobility. DK's seem to only have Death's Advance, but if this could be combined in one macro with a swift presence change to unholy it could allow for a decent speed increase on demand.

Does anyone know a macro to combine these two moves? I'm currently working with:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence
    /cast Unholy Presence
    /cast Frost Presence

As a simple presence change macro but was wondering how to fit Death's Advance in there as well. Thanks for the help, please don't reply with 'go engineering and get speed boost', chance of it back firing in HC raiding could be fatal.

Deleted
    /castsequence Spell1, Spell2, Spell3

not sure of how it would work with DK presence changing though.

Pressing one button twice would then switch your presence, Enable your speed boost, then pressing a 3rd time would switch you back to your chosen presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox2311 View Post
    Having recently switched main from monk healer to DK dps i'm struggling with the change in mobility. DK's seem to only have Death's Advance, but if this could be combined in one macro with a swift presence change to unholy it could allow for a decent speed increase on demand.

Does anyone know a macro to combine these two moves? I'm currently working with:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence
    /cast Unholy Presence
    /cast Frost Presence

As a simple presence change macro but was wondering how to fit Death's Advance in there as well. Thanks for the help, please don't reply with 'go engineering and get speed boost', chance of it back firing in HC raiding could be fatal.
    Just a word of advice...get used to shit mobility as a whole in comparison to your monk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah mobility isn't great for DKs but Howling Blast has some range so you can at least spam that as you are moving towards a new target.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off you don't need the castsequence to swap presences.

This macro works just fine to simply alternate between presences.

/cast Unholy Presence
    /cast Frost Presence

The way I see it, you could do it one of two ways. Simply add in Death's Advance as such, and then hope by the time you need to switch back to Frost Presence that Death's advance isn't up again so you don't accidentally activate it again:

/cast Death's Advance
    /cast Unholy Presence
    /cast Frost Presence

Or... Make two macros, and use a Ctrl (or shift, alt, etc) modifier to give you the control you need:

[Example: Bound to Q]

/cast Death's Advance
    /cast Unholy Presence
    /cast Frost Presence

And then:

[Example: Bound to Ctrl+Q]

/cast Unholy Presence
    /cast Frost Presence

Simply press Q for speed boost, and then Ctrl+Q to turn speed boost off.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    Just a word of advice...get used to shit mobility as a whole in comparison to your monk.
    Also this haha.

Also if you're planning on using this macro frequently, make sure you take the glyph of shifting presences or you'll lose all your runic power.
    Last edited by Forgettable; 2014-02-24 at 05:06 PM.

Deleted
    The default presence change bindings are Ctrl+F1, F2 and F3 or at least they are for me but I use bartender so it may be something to do with that. But as forgettable get the glyph otherwise its kinda pointless imo.