Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think the whole idea of purchasing 89 levels is stupid. It's a video game. Create content that allows people to level faster. Simple. My idea has been to create scenerios for each zone that grant 5-10 levels upon completion along with level appropriate gear. That way, it won't take long at all to level and you get people playing the game and see the story you created.

Some people probably would think if it's priced 200$, Blizzard would just maximize profits...

I agree with the pricing and their reasoning.

I would've preferred it to have been $40, but I understand their reasoning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight View Post
    How many people do you think actually take the time to become immersed in the story as they're leveling, especially those that are leveling their 3rd, 4th, or higher toon? When I leveled a new horde Druid, I did the vast majority of it in dungeon groups or had a friend run me through a bunch of the BC/Wrath/Cata dungeons. I saw hardly any content because I didn't want to; I wanted to play at 90 and do raiding and the new MoP stuff. I've leveled so much I really don't care much about quest chains or storyline that I might have missed in some zone/faction.

I say why not grant every active account a free boost to 90 when you successfully level a character to 90 normally (no RaF, but heirlooms and xp elixir is allowed, because those are things you can get for free in-game). Or lower the price to say $20, but throttle it so you can only purchace it once every 3-6 months or something. That way it's more accessible to people that want to boost only 1 toon right away, but make them either level another normally or have to wait out the cooldown timeframe to buy another.
    Most of my characters (6 out of 7) got to 90 purely from questing, I never liked leveling doing dungeons because it just doesn't feel right to me. (can't really explain, it just doesn't)
    The only character that I went into a few dungeons with was my healer and only because I was helping guildies level.

@Absintheminded :
    They've been making leveling faster and faster for a while now but there are still people that hate it and simply refuse to do so and just stick to one character.

I could care less honestly about the pricing. The 90 you get with the expansion should be enough outside of your main to keep you busy. You could always save the level 90 for a rainy day during the expansion if you get tired of your main and/or need to reroll for whatever reason. You saved yourself money regardless of cost but in this case $60.

Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    Most of my characters (6 out of 7) got to 90 purely from questing, I never liked leveling doing dungeons because it just doesn't feel right to me. (can't really explain, it just doesn't)
    The only character that I went into a few dungeons with was my healer and only because I was helping guildies level.

@Absintheminded :
    They've been making leveling faster and faster for a while now but there are still people that hate it and simply refuse to do so and just stick to one character.
    I get it, I do. But I think that basically invalidating 10 years worth of work with the purchase of a new account or 90 boost is bad for the health and longevity of the game. Basically, they fucked up with Cata's revamp. Rather than make the zones different, the scenerio revamp would accomplish the same thing, for probably less work, and people get to level fast. But it is what it is.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    Just say you maximize profit which is the truth. By saying "We gave a value of $60 to levelling to 90" you insult gaming in whole, not just computer gaming. You can not put value in gaming or sports, they are on a plane of their own.
    And yet everything has to have a cost relative to their estimated value. Everything in the world does, physical or digital.

Besides, even if you could put value to it, which you can't, it's totally relative. e.g. the rich kids will find it peanuts anyway. A poor kid from the indian slumps will find it a fortune.
    Calling anyone willing to put in more than 60 dollars into a game for new characters by calling them kids shows your level of understanding on the matter and that this has nothing to do with logic and reason.
    You're obviously upset that this isn't cheaper. In other words you want more of it, but you can't have it. Also known as jealousy. I also think you've got a terrible sense of entitlement. "Why is this so expenssive? I want this! I need this! Give it to me!", that's all I see here.
    It's not an insult, it's an observation. The cost of this service is completely and utterly irrelevant and inconsequential to you. YOU are the one putting the value in it.

So stop the hypocrisy and call it maximizing profit (or don't call it at all).
    So what do you want instead? I see a lot of irrational complaining but not a single suggestion on what should be done instead.
    Stop speaking about something as if you understand it and as if you're an authority on the matter. You aren't.

I've got several 90's and I think the pricing is fine.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2014-02-26 at 01:10 PM.

Well it certainly seems like some really expected to be able to buy a bunch of max level toons for a fraction of their allowance. Too bad I guess, you won't be able to flood the game with your bought toons. If I was Blizzard I wouldn't even have cared to explain, that basically heated up the controversy yet again. The reasoning behind this pricing was already out in the open without them telling us. Sometimes they are just too considerate.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have used it most likely if the price was 20 euros. Now when it's 60 euros I will never bother using it. See? That's not what you want when you're going for max profit.

And I ain't even mad.

People who aren't you can and will pay for it.
    People like you are just so desperate to whine about it that you will pick fault with everything, whether it makes sense or not.
    Quite simply it is expensive enough that its appeal will be limited, otherwise the consequence would be practically everyone getting it as per the fear from those yelling a lot, and what would the consequences be then ?
    Oh just another reason for you to whine.

If it was cheap you would whine about the mass of the great unskilled at level cap, and if it is expensive you complain anyway.

It costs considerably more than even the most expensive pet or mount from the store, at prices established to sell well.
    Going for a cost similar to those would be maximising profit, as there is a pretty clear market at that price point.
    This is simply to make it a real decision, and to try to appease players who are then too damn stupid to see blizzard are caving into their demands for lessening the numbers likely to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    I think the whole idea of purchasing 89 levels is stupid. It's a video game. Create content that allows people to level faster. Simple. My idea has been to create scenerios for each zone that grant 5-10 levels upon completion along with level appropriate gear. That way, it won't take long at all to level and you get people playing the game and see the story you created.
    That doesn't make sense. Your suggestion in no way different.

Just say you maximize profit which is the truth.
    This logic is all backwards. If they wanted to maximize profit they would've made it less than 60 bucks because then more people would buy it.

I'm really betting that 90% of you are mad because you can't afford the 90, not because it's ruining the game or your fears with WoW going F2P.
    Seems about right.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neow View Post
    I don't get it....people say
    "60$ is WAY too much I will never buy one for 60$"

then they say
    "If they are selling it at 60$ it's for maximizing profit, it's the EXACT PERFECT PRICE FOR MAXIMISING SELLS !!"
    BEcause those people aren't using logic and reason at all. They're looking for something to complain indignantly about and act like spoiled brats about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tychus View Post
    Back in my day, we walked uphill both ways, in the snow, barefoot. That made being in school all the better. Now you kids use these fancy automobiles and get there almost instantly. What's the point of school when you can just drive there?
    I once again wish this forum had a like button.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to work for power leveling services and the prices range from 150$ to 220$ 1-90. I can tell you 60$ is damn cheap it will get rid of all services as a whole and its safe. I have every class to 85 and sometimes i don't feel like going through the hassle over and over again just to reach end content. So its damn cheap if you ask me but i don't see anyone complaining over a 60$ game that lasts 3-5 hours with no replay value. 120-200$ for all DLC's and maps and so on for 1 single game that is repetitive or 60$ just for the achievements pretty much like batman for example 4 hours your done then 30 hours for egg hunts. People just need think of the value of money's worth

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    That doesn't make sense. Your suggestion in no way different.
    You might need to explain what you're saying, because I'm pretty fucking sure that buying a level 90 and actually playing the game to that point are complete opposites.

What I'm suggesting is actual content that allows people to solo queue for zone storylines and come out 5 to 10 (arbitrary numbers) levels higher with level appropriate gear. In my mind, everyone wins. People see more of Blizzard's game and they get to level up in a fraction of the time it takes now.

Again, what the fuck are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    I used to work for power leveling services and the prices range from 150$ to 220$ 1-90. I can tell you 60$ is damn cheap it will get rid of all services as a whole and its safe. I have every class to 85 and sometimes i don't feel like going through the hassle over and over again just to reach end content. So its damn cheap if you ask me but i don't see anyone complaining over a 60$ game that lasts 3-5 hours with no replay value. 120-200$ for all DLC's and maps and so on for 1 single game that is repetitive or 60$ just for the achievements pretty much like batman for example 4 hours your done then 30 hours for egg hunts. People just need think of the value of money's worth
    i didnt even think of that, blizzard is killing an entire secondary market. no way can these business match that price. regular joe-shmoe "i dun wanna do no quests" guy really isn't their target demographic with this.

Deleted
    If they wanted to maximize profits they would be selling boosts for $10 in the thousands, perhaps millions. The $60 price point will make them less money as fewer people are willing to spend that much.

I thought this was obvious?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i hate this price, it's fucking retarded beyond belief. i'm thankful me and my friend will be in ESO for a while at least, maybe the price will be reduced when i come back for hallow's end.
    You mean that game that sells a CE with A WHOLE NEW FUCKING RACE that's not available for non-CE players?

Just say you maximize profit which is the truth. By saying "We gave a value of $60 to levelling to 90" you insult gaming in whole, not just computer gaming. You can not put value in gaming or sports, they are on a plane of their own.

Besides, even if you could put value to it, which you can't, it's totally relative. e.g. the rich kids will find it peanuts anyway. A poor kid from the indian slumps will find it a fortune.

So stop the hypocrisy and call it maximizing profit (or don't call it at all).
    Actually you do not feel insulted. You are a troll. All your posts are garbage hatred of WoW and Blizzard.