Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d0cHolland View Post
    They were fairly quick, with the last two expansions, to include the previous expansion in with the Battlechest. I don't recall the exact timing, but I was thinking it was only a few months after MoP released that they added Cataclysm to the BC.
    You are right but right now and a few months into WoD mop still costs additional money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get all the whining, you SIMPLY CAN'T PRICE A LEVEL BOOST RIGHT.

Too high, even this 60 dollars even though it still isn't over-the-top too high gets everyone just whining and nobody really uses it.

Too low and everyone starts abusing it and skips 70-80% of the game, and to think about the gold farmers (mostly people mass-abusing 3rd party softwares aka bots) using it to gain profits.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    Just say you maximize profit which is the truth. By saying "We gave a value of $60 to levelling to 90" you insult gaming in whole, not just computer gaming. You can not put value in gaming or sports, they are on a plane of their own.

Besides, even if you could put value to it, which you can't, it's totally relative. e.g. the rich kids will find it peanuts anyway. A poor kid from the indian slumps will find it a fortune.

So stop the hypocrisy and call it maximizing profit (or don't call it at all).
    You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, and your little rant proves it, if they actually wanted to "maximize profit" they would make it cheaper, Because then more people would buy it, You don't maximize profit by selling something for a high price, that with a little effort, can be achieved any way, they have made an option, that is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh you guys need to calm down. Find something better to do than bitch about this on forums. It's just a game and if you enjoy it so much then back off the guy who makes all of your raids and dungeons. Don't buy the 90's if you don't want to.

Monk Shaman

I had a bowl of nails for breakfast......without any milk.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    this dude was a fucking lawyer, it's no wonder he looks so slimey. that's why they've got him speaking so much recently, he knows how to get people to eat the shit he's spewing.

i hate this price, it's fucking retarded beyond belief. i'm thankful me and my friend will be in ESO for a while at least, maybe the price will be reduced when i come back for hallow's end.
    Eeh, it's a cashgrab and all, but it's funny you seem so passionately against it while being thankful to play ESO, which is the most blatant monster of cashgrabs lately. 60dollar game, subscription + platform online subscription + buy additional race/ability to choose faction; NDA in effect until preorders open. Hypocrisy yeah?

I wanted to purchase a level 90 toon but the price is too high as it would cost me more since my country's currency value is lower. I'm not mad it is priced that high, it's just mean that the service isn't meant to be used by me.

I knew the intention when I saw the price and I was right.

it stops people over using the service. IT would be lower if it wanted to really sell well. Deterrent pricing.

they wont lower the price if its prohibitive because as you can read, that's the entire point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    All I see is a bunch of whiners who are too lazy to level a toon, and so they want Blizz to give them a level 90 one for peanuts since they cba to level one themselves. Personally, I wish they never offered even the free 90. ALL toons should be leveled from level 1
    So fucking true.

I've already got 7 chars to lvl90 and will basically use the free 90 on something I'll hardly ever use. Getting to 90 the normal way is so much more fun.

$60 = 4 months gametime. This is totally acceptable, it takes no where near that time to level a char to 90. If you're taking that long (due to limited time play or what ever) then this would probably appeal to those players a hell of a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargasm121 View Post
    40 bucks would have been the best price. I can see people paying that....not 60
    Didn't he say that was the point - that they didn't want to over-encourage it by making it too cheap?

its funny tho, some people feel like they HAVE to buy a 90 dis community, good god...

I highly doubt with a 60$ price they get the max profit. I imagine they would have a way higher profit, if it would just cost 10 bucks.

It's the right price that the people that really want it buy it, but not everyone just buys everything.

Yeah of course. Lower the price so every fucking noob on this universe can buy it. GRATZ! YOU PAYED 20 BUCKS AND NOW YOU ARE THE BEST! HOORAY!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure they would make a lot more money from pricing it at $40, or even $20.

So, yeah, I honestly believe that Blizzard are not constantly bullshitting us. Fuck me, right?
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    So fucking true.

I've already got 7 chars to lvl90 and will basically use the free 90 on something I'll hardly ever use. Getting to 90 the normal way is so much more fun.
    That's just like, your opinion, man.

I find leveling fun and I'll only use the boost that I get from buying WoD, but not everyone loves leveling.
    Some people like to have several alts at max level, but despise leveling.
    I'll continue to level my characters up from scratch and I don't give a flying rat's *** if anyone boosts an alt to 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey it's you again with another shitpost!

Please post more constructively.
    Last edited by Millennía; 2014-02-26 at 09:18 PM.

It shouldn't exist, but if it has to then it shouldn't be cheap.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Deleted
    I don't get it....people say
    "60$ is WAY too much I will never buy one for 60$"

then they say
    "If they are selling it at 60$ it's for maximizing profit, it's the EXACT PERFECT PRICE FOR MAXIMISING SELLS !!"

You just can't be right in both. Either you're right in saying 60$ is too expensive and then (if you're "right") most people will think like you...and therefore 60$ is NOT the best price for maximizing profit.
    Either that, OR they have indeed decided of the best price to get as many people buying for the highest price - but then you can't say that 60$ is too much. You're then part of a large minority and well... if you can't afford it : don't.

I myself couldn't care less. I think indeed it is way more than i would pay but that's a good thing, i'd hate seeing 90's pop everywhere with no involvement whatsoever and playing like retards.
    Therefore I really don't think they'll maximize profit by selling it at 60$ ... but I think that it will just be part of a whole bunch of other offers. Instant 90 will just be the most expensive one. Different offers, different buyers.

So much whining in this thread.

I second every opinion about 60$ being the right price.
    If you don't want to pay 60$, don't.
    Paying 60$ won't make any player's perfomance better, just save time.

So quit your whining and moaning.
    Also quit insulting Ian. Try to work on your wording instead so you won't sound like a bunch of angry middle-schoolers in the future.

How many people do you think actually take the time to become immersed in the story as they're leveling, especially those that are leveling their 3rd, 4th, or higher toon? When I leveled a new horde Druid, I did the vast majority of it in dungeon groups or had a friend run me through a bunch of the BC/Wrath/Cata dungeons. I saw hardly any content because I didn't want to; I wanted to play at 90 and do raiding and the new MoP stuff. I've leveled so much I really don't care much about quest chains or storyline that I might have missed in some zone/faction.

I say why not grant every active account a free boost to 90 when you successfully level a character to 90 normally (no RaF, but heirlooms and xp elixir is allowed, because those are things you can get for free in-game). Or lower the price to say $20, but throttle it so you can only purchace it once every 3-6 months or something. That way it's more accessible to people that want to boost only 1 toon right away, but make them either level another normally or have to wait out the cooldown timeframe to buy another.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned